Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: EsherFlyer
Current sign-up, referral, spend promotions and retention offers

New member sign ups

British Airways American Express Premium Plus Card:
Collect 25,000 bonus Avios when you spend £3,000 within the first three months of card membership.

British Airways American Express Credit Card:
Collect 9,000 bonus Avios when you spend £1,000 within the first three months of card membership.

Referrals

If you are already a BA American Express card holder (either BA card) and introduce a friend to the BA American Express card, you'll receive a 4,000 Avios bonus once your friend's application is approved.

If you are already a BA American Express card holder (either BA card) and introduce a friend to the Premium Plus card, you'll receive a 9,000 Avios bonus once your friend's application is approved.

If your friend achieves the spend required for the welcome offer on either card they'll receive an additional 1,000 Avios. I.e. 26,000 or 10,000 total bonus Avios for the Premium Plus and Credit Card respectively.
Small print:
You must refer your friend via the referral link provided above to be eligible for this offer.

You may recommend as many friends or family members as you wish but you can only receive a maximum of 45,000 Avios per calendar year for those approved for a Card.

You will receive 4,000 bonus Avios if your friend applies and is approved for the British Airways American Express Credit Card. Your friend will receive 4,000 bonus Avios after they have been approved and spent a minimum of £1,000 on goods and services purchased and charged to their Account within three months of Account opening.

You will receive 9,000 bonus Avios if your friend applies and is approved for the British Airways American Express Premium Plus Card. Your friend will receive 19,000 bonus Avios after they have been approved and spent a minimum of £3,000 on goods and services purchased and charged to their Account within three months of Account opening.

When completing the referral form, you must
(i) select the Card you hold from the list at Step 1 and
(ii) select a card to recommend from those listed at Step 2. If you do not follow this process, you and your friend will not be eligible for the bonus.

If your friend has already applied for any of the British Airways American Express Credit Cards without using this referral, you and your friend will not be eligible for the bonus Avios.

All introductory offers are subject to change, can be withdrawn at any time and are not available if your friend currently holds or has held any other British Airways American Express Credit Cards in the past six months.

Promotions

Retention offers

Voucher eligible spend
    Pretty much everything counts towards the £10,000 (or £20,000) required to earn a 2-4-1 Companion Voucher, including the following which might be unexpected:
    • Foreign transaction fees

A few things that don't:
    • Annual membership fee
    • Interest payments
    • Transactions under £1 (although you can earn the single Avios )

The online total to the right of the card summary is pretty up to date, and far more useful for tracking spend than what the statements show.

Insurance
    Both standard and Premium Plus cards include insurance benefits for goods and services purchased on the card. Full details here and here respectively. Summary of Premium Plus benefit are shown here, with standard card offering same cover unless alternate figure is shown in parentheses:
    • Purchase protection: £2,500
    • Refund protection: £300 (£200) per item
    • Flight delay / cancellation / overbooking / missed: £200 (£0)
    • Baggage delay (6+ hours): £750 (£0)
    • Baggage delay (48+ hours): £1,000 (£0), additional to 6 hours benefit
    • Accident: £250,000 (£75,000)
    • Hijack (24+ hours): £1,500
    • Hijack (72+ hours): £3,000, additional to the 24h benefit
    Print Wikipost

BA American Express credit card

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2014, 9:57 am
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
    Originally Posted by laura711
    I got my acceptance letter for the pp card today. It says that I get double avios points when booking BA flights - I thought it was triple? Should i call up to double check?
    I upgraded to PP late last year ... my letter says 'double' as well.

In the process, I was also awarded my first 241 ... which hasn't materialised. I received this on 6 Jan 2014 ...
    This auto-generated email confirms that we have received your enquiry.
    In the next 24 - 48 hours, we will send you another email to let you know when you can read our response in the Secure Message Centre.
    Nothing has happened, although they did efficiently grab my £150 on 28 Dec13.

I shall nag more vigorously at the end of the month when I get back from holiday. So far ... 3/10 for Amex PP.
    Old Jan 14, 2014, 10:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold
    Originally Posted by T8191
    In the process, I was also awarded my first 241 ... which hasn't materialised. I received this on 6 Jan 2014 ...

Nothing has happened, although they did efficiently grab my £150 on 28 Dec13.

I shall nag more vigorously at the end of the month when I get back from holiday. So far ... 3/10 for Amex PP.
    hmm, similar upgrade timeline!

the change card image on the Amex app after christmas was my first hint that my application was accepted. the card arrived on NYE and the fee was taken in the first week of Jan. My 2-4-1 was awarded last week though, I have an email to confirm that.
    Old Jan 14, 2014, 10:19 am
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
    Originally Posted by GadgetGal
    hmm, similar upgrade timeline!

the change card image on the Amex app after christmas was my first hint that my application was accepted. the card arrived on NYE and the fee was taken in the first week of Jan. My 2-4-1 was awarded last week though, I have an email to confirm that.
    Harrumph. That's either sexist or ageist. :eek

I shall be (fairly) patient before uttering expletives in the direction of Brighton.
    Old Feb 14, 2014, 2:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
    BA AMEX PP Avios transfer

Hi All,

Anyone know if the avios from the card posts themselves and when? Ive had 30k on my Amex webpage for about 1.5 months now and am waiting for them to post over. Will this happen automatically or do I need to transfer them?

Thanks
    Old Feb 14, 2014, 2:57 am
    nux
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
    Have you provided your BAEC number? It should transfer automatically around your statement date.
    Old Feb 14, 2014, 3:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
    Originally Posted by nux
    Have you provided your BAEC number? It should transfer automatically around your statement date.
    I did when I applied for the card yes. This is my 2nd statement that I have paid for now and no transfer yet... wondering if I should give customer service a call... Ironically I am waiting for the 30k so I can make a big redemption...
    Old Feb 14, 2014, 3:10 am
    Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
    Mine usually goes once a month around statement time. Avios show on my account withing a day or two. If I were you I would ring Amex to check through the BAEC number and that everything is working from their end, and then phone BAEC if that doesn't sort it.
    Old Feb 14, 2014, 3:27 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
    Originally Posted by stevieg999
    I did when I applied for the card yes.
    I am in the same situation regarding my SPG Amex. However someone on here pointed out that the points will only transfer if your SPG (or in your case BA) number is on the statement. So if I were you I'd start by checking that - there's a section on the BA card statements referring to Avios earned and a box on the right hand side under which your BA number should appear.

Although I did put my SPG account no on my application, it doesn't seem to have made it through to their system as it doesn't appear on my card statement. I really must get around to sorting it out......
    Old Feb 14, 2014, 4:13 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
    Applying for credit card without income

My wife recently stopped working to focus on looking after our children until they are of school age. I'd quite like to apply for the free BA AMEX in her name to get the sign-up bonus and to top-up her BAEC balance at times.

She now has negligible income, but we meet all of the eligibility criteria (primarily based around UK residency and household income).

Do others have experience of applying for credit cards without an actual income? I don't want to apply if the chances are high she'll be turned down for having no proper income of her own. Do you think the chances are high or low that she'll be accepted? No bad debt history, etc.
    Old Feb 14, 2014, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by ankomonkey
    My wife recently stopped working to focus on looking after our children until they are of school age. I'd quite like to apply for the free BA AMEX in her name to get the sign-up bonus and to top-up her BAEC balance at times.

She now has negligible income, but we meet all of the eligibility criteria (primarily based around UK residency and household income).

Do others have experience of applying for credit cards without an actual income? I don't want to apply if the chances are high she'll be turned down for having no proper income of her own. Do you think the chances are high or low that she'll be accepted? No bad debt history, etc.
    Yes, Amex offer a card on household income and were happy to give me both a gold card and a BA premium plus card based on my husband's income alone.
    Old Feb 14, 2014, 4:41 am

Programs: BA Silver
    Originally Posted by ankomonkey
    My wife was accepted for the Gold card when she had no income of her own and so based on household income alone.
    Old Feb 14, 2014, 5:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
    Thanks coffeebean09 and Paralytic. Even better than I thought! We can hopefully keep churning Amex Gold cards too!
    Old Feb 14, 2014, 6:10 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
    I am thinking of taking out the BA PP card and wondered if I would get double points on paying the remainder of my balance for my holiday booked through BA?
    Old Feb 14, 2014, 6:12 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Plat, Avis PC, Sixt Pl,
    Originally Posted by parklife
    I am thinking of taking out the BA PP card and wondered if I would get double points on paying the remainder of my balance for my holiday booked through BA?
    Definitely. I did.

I even got double for booking 2 Y tix for my parents from cheaptickets.com as it mentioned BA somewhere in the transaction.
    Old Feb 14, 2014, 6:33 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
    Originally Posted by courtster
    Definitely. I did.

I even got double for booking 2 Y tix for my parents from cheaptickets.com as it mentioned BA somewhere in the transaction.
    Excellent thanks for the reply - just as I'd hoped so will use the PP card rather than my Gold Amex! Also means I will trigger the bonus with one transaction and put me well on the way to the 10k!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.