Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: EsherFlyer
Current sign-up, referral, spend promotions and retention offers

New member sign ups

British Airways American Express Premium Plus Card:
Collect 25,000 bonus Avios when you spend £3,000 within the first three months of card membership.

British Airways American Express Credit Card:
Collect 9,000 bonus Avios when you spend £1,000 within the first three months of card membership.

Referrals

If you are already a BA American Express card holder (either BA card) and introduce a friend to the BA American Express card, you'll receive a 4,000 Avios bonus once your friend's application is approved.

If you are already a BA American Express card holder (either BA card) and introduce a friend to the Premium Plus card, you'll receive a 9,000 Avios bonus once your friend's application is approved.

If your friend achieves the spend required for the welcome offer on either card they'll receive an additional 1,000 Avios. I.e. 26,000 or 10,000 total bonus Avios for the Premium Plus and Credit Card respectively.
Small print:
You must refer your friend via the referral link provided above to be eligible for this offer.

You may recommend as many friends or family members as you wish but you can only receive a maximum of 45,000 Avios per calendar year for those approved for a Card.

You will receive 4,000 bonus Avios if your friend applies and is approved for the British Airways American Express Credit Card. Your friend will receive 4,000 bonus Avios after they have been approved and spent a minimum of £1,000 on goods and services purchased and charged to their Account within three months of Account opening.

You will receive 9,000 bonus Avios if your friend applies and is approved for the British Airways American Express Premium Plus Card. Your friend will receive 19,000 bonus Avios after they have been approved and spent a minimum of £3,000 on goods and services purchased and charged to their Account within three months of Account opening.

When completing the referral form, you must
(i) select the Card you hold from the list at Step 1 and
(ii) select a card to recommend from those listed at Step 2. If you do not follow this process, you and your friend will not be eligible for the bonus.

If your friend has already applied for any of the British Airways American Express Credit Cards without using this referral, you and your friend will not be eligible for the bonus Avios.

All introductory offers are subject to change, can be withdrawn at any time and are not available if your friend currently holds or has held any other British Airways American Express Credit Cards in the past six months.

Promotions

Retention offers

Voucher eligible spend
    Pretty much everything counts towards the £10,000 (or £20,000) required to earn a 2-4-1 Companion Voucher, including the following which might be unexpected:
    • Foreign transaction fees

A few things that don't:
    • Annual membership fee
    • Interest payments
    • Transactions under £1 (although you can earn the single Avios )

The online total to the right of the card summary is pretty up to date, and far more useful for tracking spend than what the statements show.

Insurance
    Both standard and Premium Plus cards include insurance benefits for goods and services purchased on the card. Full details here and here respectively. Summary of Premium Plus benefit are shown here, with standard card offering same cover unless alternate figure is shown in parentheses:
    • Purchase protection: £2,500
    • Refund protection: £300 (£200) per item
    • Flight delay / cancellation / overbooking / missed: £200 (£0)
    • Baggage delay (6+ hours): £750 (£0)
    • Baggage delay (48+ hours): £1,000 (£0), additional to 6 hours benefit
    • Accident: £250,000 (£75,000)
    • Hijack (24+ hours): £1,500
    • Hijack (72+ hours): £3,000, additional to the 24h benefit
    Print Wikipost

BA American Express credit card

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2014, 6:53 am
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
    IME, two working days is typical for this. I've just had my first lot of Avios crediting from my Premium Plus Amex for some time, and that appears still to hold true.
    Old Jul 20, 2014, 5:12 pm

Hi all,

It's been a while since I posted but would love to get back into the swing of things.
    I've been looking to apply for a BA AmEx Credit Card for awhile and have decided to take the plunge! I just needed advice on the most effective way to sign up. Should I sign up normally or request a refferal? Apologies in advance if my query has been asked before.. I've trailed through pages and pages and couldnt find anything!

Thanks in advance!
    Old Jul 20, 2014, 11:05 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
    Have a look at this link to Head for Points:

http://www.headforpoints.com/2014/04...ress-reviewed/

Raffles will be pleased to refer you.
    Old Jul 21, 2014, 2:38 am
    FlyerTalk Evangelist
    Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
    Nice of you to say that.

However, for a couple more days this special offer is still running - http://www.headforpoints.com/2014/07...express-bonus/ - with 9000 Avios on the free card. That beats the 4000 available if referred or the 3000 for a direct application.
    Old Jul 21, 2014, 3:28 am

@TravellerFrequently: Thank you for your link. Whilst researching the card I came across that page and it was very helpful. Thank you

@Raffles: I wasn't aware of the promotion and as you pointed out it seems like the best thing for me to do. Thank you for the heads up!

It never ceases to amaze me how quick and helpful people are on this forum. Cheers!
    Old Jul 29, 2014, 8:36 am

Programs: BA Gold
    Can anyone tell me the current situation with ordering foreign currency on the PP AMEX? Have read lots of conflicting things and when trying to order from the AMEX currency site it warns it will be treated as a cash advance? Is this the case or will it go towards my £3k spend for the bonus avios?

Thanks
    Old Jul 29, 2014, 8:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
    Originally Posted by giorgio1712
    Can anyone tell me the current situation with ordering foreign currency on the PP AMEX? Have read lots of conflicting things and when trying to order from the AMEX currency site it warns it will be treated as a cash advance? Is this the case or will it go towards my £3k spend for the bonus avios?

Thanks
    I think that's the case with Amex (3%). However, if you have a Tesco credit card you can use that via the Tesco travel money shop (Travelex) and you won't be charged a cash advance fee. I've used it several times. Ok, it doesn't contribute towards your annual Amex spend but it's still a convenient way to buy foreign currency

Last edited by mike&co; Jul 29, 2014 at 8:55 am
    Old Jul 29, 2014, 9:22 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
    If i upgrade to the BAEC PP card will I get the spend offer of bonus avios or isit a case of cancel and apply for the PP card?

Thanks in advance,

Jamie
    Old Jul 29, 2014, 9:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
    Originally Posted by Jamier45
    If i upgrade to the BAEC PP card will I get the spend offer of bonus avios or isit a case of cancel and apply for the PP card?

Thanks in advance,

Jamie
    If you upgraded, you wouldn't get the "big" bonus. However, if you're lucky, you'll get 6,000 after your first purchase as many of us did.

If you cancel and reapply, you need to leave 6 months in between.
    Old Jul 30, 2014, 3:33 am

Programs: etihad guest silver/ba bronze
    BA American Express credit card | 2014 master thread

Quick question
    I have a ba Amex pp and a platinum.
    Do you still get the ba fee waived or has that been stopped?
    Kind regards
    Old Jul 30, 2014, 4:56 am

Programs: BA Silver
    Originally Posted by eiflyer
    Quick question
    I have a ba Amex pp and a platinum.
    Do you still get the ba fee waived or has that been stopped?
    Kind regards
    The fee waiver was waved good-bye a good few years ago for new applicants. I believe legacy holders still get the waiver.
    Old Jul 30, 2014, 6:44 am

Programs: BA something, Luftwaffe SEN, CX Gold, Pilsbury Doughboy Fanclub, and lots of Amex cards
    Originally Posted by Paralytic
    The fee waiver was waved good-bye a good few years ago for new applicants. I believe legacy holders still get the waiver.
    Yep
    No fee charged again this year - still grandfathered ^
    Old Jul 30, 2014, 11:12 am

Programs: BA Bronze
    Just found a great way of reaching spending targets on my Amex card.

Whilst sorting our my mothers cupboards I found an old pre-payment card for her council tax and other utility companies - all of which had the PayPoint logo on them.

Went in to the local Co-Op and asked the lady to put various amounts through on all of them. Total was £980. Paid with my Amex and it went through fine.

Will be doing this every month from now on

Fingers crossed for the 2MR points per £1... anyone had experience with Co-Op's paying the double rate?
    Old Jul 30, 2014, 11:17 am
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
    Originally Posted by CountryKerry
    Just found a great way of reaching spending targets on my Amex card.
    Any suggestions about how to avoid spending waaaaaay over the requirement on my Amex?

Nice arrangement, though. I just wish our Government here took Amex payments for Tax, Rates and Company charges..
    Old Jul 30, 2014, 12:03 pm
    FlyerTalk Evangelist
    Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
    Only Co-Op let you do this and they were meant to be clamping down - not surprisingly, since they probably pay 3 per cent to Amex and probably earn 1 per cent from PayPoint!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.