Celebs on BA | 2014 master thread

Old Jan 1, 2014, 4:49 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Cool Celebs on BA | 2014 master thread

This thread is a continuation of the ever popular Celebs on BA thread. So which famous face did you encounter on BA today?
Old Jan 5, 2014, 11:05 am

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
Hope this is acceptable since it was in Miami airport rather than explicitly on a BA flight etc.

Just seen Nigel Lythgoe going through international flight connections at Miami. He had a little tęte-ŕ-tęte with the security people since they were running a fast track lane for first class ticket holders (which I was annoyed about as well).

I had a brief chat with him about the lack of a first class security channel - seems a jolly nice chap.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 11:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Were you telling him about your TP run . I'm just about to read the latest section as I've been in London the past 2 days
Old Jan 5, 2014, 11:34 am

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mike&co
Were you telling him about your TP run . I'm just about to read the latest section as I've been in London the past 2 days
To be honest he'd be the last person I would tell. I have enough trouble keeping a straight face and not blushing when I tell the guys at immigration what a nonce I am being! And I don't have any choice with them!

I was brave though and I did speak to him about the lack of a fast track, and that's not me. I am pretty good at spotting celebrities (the wife's standard response is "Where? I didn't see them"), but I don't normally have the courage to say anything to them.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 12:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH
Love the ticket stubs. Are these real?

Manilow a blue Webber a prem
Old Jan 5, 2014, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by carat22
Love the ticket stubs. Are these real?
In a way! They are real PNRs, but printed manually by someone who had access to BA's reservation system. They weren't actually the stubs handed over to the people in question.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 12:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH
Originally Posted by 710 77345
In a way! They are real PNRs, but printed manually by someone who had access to BA's reservation system. They weren't actually the stubs handed over to the people in question.
Thanks.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 4:44 pm
used to be 'AndrewSJGrant'

Programs: Black
Sting in CCR with Trudie Styler last week. He sat at the bar drinking rosé at 10am. A few people approached him for photos which he seemed fine with. He was even carrying his guitar, maybe about to do a sing song.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 7:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador
Paul Lawrie (golfer) and his family on BA108 from Dubai and BA1320 to ABZ on Jan 3rd
Old Jan 8, 2014, 6:04 am

Programs: BA GGL & LTG, EK Silver, HHonors Lifetime Diamond; Proudly Mucci Free - total nonsense
Martin Freeman in LHR Galleries First this morning
Old Jan 8, 2014, 6:06 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by bullroot
Martin Freeman in LHR Galleries First this morning
Was he off to Hobbitland?
Old Jan 8, 2014, 6:34 am

Denise van Outen on BA108 from DXB yesterday morning.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 10:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, Thai Gold, JetPriviledge
Shahrukh Khan at BOM on 7th Jan

Shahrukh Khan ( Bollywood mega-star) with entourage dropping his son to the gate Air-side to board BA 198 on Tuesday. ( son in F). CSD didn't even know , but the BA ground staff and late boarding Indian passengers pretty thrilled
Old Jan 8, 2014, 10:31 pm
Suspended

Slightly OT but entire entourage of the Sultan of Brunei (including some of his junior wives and kids I guess) on BA347 NCE-LHR on 18 Dec. Interestingly some of them had carry-on with yellow laminated tags. At first I thought they were FT but I looked closer and they were inscribed "to travel with HRH Sultan of Brunei." Bit of a palaver on arrival with VIP greeters. I was in row 1 so overheard a lot of the flappy VVIP talk. They were all well back in Y.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 11:06 pm
Suspended

Some minor American actor whose name I can't put my finger on right now is in the Galleries (business) lounge at T5

Edited to add: Aaron Eckhart

Last edited by LondonElite; Jan 8, 2014 at 11:25 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.