Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Seeking advice/experience pd upg j to f LHR-YYZ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2013, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Hoping someone can tell me how this works. Currently seeing the paid upgrade at $2,100 (cdn) when I select the option to upgrade with cash and I am hoping this may decrease. I am OW Emerald with CX and am basically hoping to get a cheaper offer during OLCI.

In your experience, when does the price seem to drop? Would I be better to procur this when checking in or wait until the airport?

Any help/suggestions/advice appreciated.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
It may be worth having a look at this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ng-thread.html

Despite its title, it also has some advice about airport upgrade prices as well as those offered online through MMB or during OLCI.

What you're seeing at the moment may well be the cost to upgrade in accordance with the fare rules, and not a special offer of any kind (and the special offers are usually marked as such on MMB). Whether a special offer will be made for your flight, or made to you, is one of those things which you can really only find out by looking from time to time.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 5:53 pm

Programs: FT
Did you check to see if you can MFU. Sure you could figure out where to get 20k miles in short order....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.