Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Replacement BA Lounge at NBO???

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2014, 4:40 am

Programs: ABBA
Originally Posted by advancepsy
Just returned from NBO. The Simba Lounge is for KQ and KLM business class passengers "only." I specifically asked about other SkyTeam or non-allied partner passengers having access and the attendant said, "No." [Of course, in Africa, that doesn't mean much.]
There is a note in one lounge saying something like "due to capacity this is only for (one set of customers), our xxx card holders are invited to go to the cafe next door where refreshments will be provided"
Old May 3, 2014, 12:08 pm

Programs: DL DM
Indeed, even non-business class who hold SkyTeam Elite Plus status get a coupon at check-in for the cafe essentially worth two beers or one wine.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 11:57 am

Programs: BA Silver, Virgin Red
June update

Still the same as paulwuk's photos.

Opened about 3 hours before flight time, Internet is free but slow. The seats may be bog standard airport seats but at least it's relatively quiet.

Food isn't too ropey, a reasonable hot and cold finger buffet isn't unusual for this kind of location. No Amarula today but a bottle of Johnnie Walker Black label has joined the line up.

No idea why we have to do two X-ray scanners to enter, the second immediately after the first!
Old Oct 5, 2014, 6:48 am

With KQ departures moving into the new terminal, I wonder if they will vacate their lounge in the old terminal and if this will be converted to a paid entry (a la the old "First Class") lounge or even a BA lounge?
Old Oct 5, 2014, 6:59 am

Programs: ABBA
Originally Posted by BardLucyHumeXI

No idea why we have to do two X-ray scanners to enter, the second immediately after the first!
I would guess that the first scan is nairobi security, and BA don't trust their security procedures, so run their own.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 3:18 am

any lounge replacement update?
Old Feb 22, 2016, 6:01 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
No change!
Old Feb 22, 2016, 1:53 pm

Space at JKIA is very limited so even if BA did want to set up a lounge, there is physically nowhere for them to do so. It's a case of waiting for the expansion to be completed before space can be allocated.

Traffic in NBO is horrendous and unpredictable. Flew there in July and it took me 3 hours to get from Wetlands to the airport...almost missing my flight.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by HereToHelp
Space at JKIA is very limited so even if BA did want to set up a lounge, there is physically nowhere for them to do so. It's a case of waiting for the expansion to be completed before space can be allocated.

Traffic in NBO is horrendous and unpredictable. Flew there in July and it took me 3 hours to get from Wetlands to the airport...almost missing my flight.
Indeed. The redevelopment is moving steadily clockwise round the circle and as the terminal gets widened it will make space. The new KQ terminal is quite nice.

I'm not sure whether it will be another shared facility or whether the likes of BA and Emirates will look to have separate lounges? If the latter then money will talk and we know who will get theirs first.

The arrivals hall is also still dire, we arrived after KLM and were about 10th in visa line but BA and EK arrived soon after and it got rammed. There is no point getting visa in advance as you still have to stand in the same queue.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 6:40 am

Not quite, on the right hand side (beyond the Kenya/COMESA passport lines) the evisa queues are the three on the left and the three on the right are the visa on arrival.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by antichef
Not quite, on the right hand side (beyond the Kenya/COMESA passport lines) the evisa queues are the three on the left and the three on the right are the visa on arrival.
Nope, they were using them all to issue visas on Thursday night. Only 4 were manned. Two queues splitting at the front into 4 desks.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 8:55 am

Thats NBO for you! I was there on Monday
Old Feb 25, 2016, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by antichef
Thats NBO for you! I was there on Monday
Just heading out of Nairobi now. Took 2 hours to get from Westlands to the airport at 7pm.

I'm currently sat in the Aspire Lounge. BA don't pay for it. Good news is Emirates do. Nothing to write home about but the beer is cold.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 4:54 pm

Programs: BA Silver; SPG Gold; UA; DL; AA
Originally Posted by simons1
Just heading out of Nairobi now. Took 2 hours to get from Westlands to the airport at 7pm.

I'm currently sat in the Aspire Lounge. BA don't pay for it. Good news is Emirates do. Nothing to write home about but the beer is cold.
Free to get in to Aspire when traveling CW? Or did you have some other way to access?
Old Mar 2, 2016, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by TheSafariMan
Free to get in to Aspire when traveling CW? Or did you have some other way to access?
I think he was travelling with EK 😉

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.