Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Canadian RBC Avios Visa Infinite - 45,000 Signup bonus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Details:
Apply today and receive 15,000 Avios upon approval. Plus, for a limited time, get an extra 30,000 Avios if you spend $3,000 in each of the first 3 months using your RBC British Airways Visa Infinite card. That adds up to 45,000 Avios to help you get to your dream destination faster!

The RBC British Airways Visa Infinite card is the only credit card in Canada that allows you to earn Avios on every purchase you make. And for a limited time, earn 2x Avios when you make grocery store and gasoline purchases with your card. Avios can be redeemed for travel on British Airways and oneworld partner airlines.

Features and Benefits
-15,000 bonus Avios upon approval
-1 Avios for every $1 CAD you spend on the card and 2 Avios for every $1 CAD you spend on British Airways
-Companion Award eVoucher when you spend $30,000 or more on your card in any calendar year
-Comprehensive insurances including Out of Province/Country Emergency Medical Insurance
-10% off BA flights departing from Canada
-And so much more!

More info here
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Not planning on moving from JER, but that sounds nice for those who live there.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:34 am

Programs: I'm a nobody everywhere
Thanks for the heads up. IMO, Thats a pretty high spend requirement.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by teriyaki
Depends on how much you spend I guess... I would blow through $3000 in 3 months between gas, groceries, bills, eating out, etc. I think the Amex Aeroplat and regular plat both have the same spend requirements, so it falls in line with that.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:50 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
The 10% off the entire fare on BA flights departing Canada is probably the best part. However I tried booking some flights in early 2014 last week and got a message that the departing flight was outside the offer's dates. Never had that before. Wonder if it's been enhanced away for 2014? Shame because it's helped lower the sky high I fares from YYZ all through 2013.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 11:08 am

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by teriyaki
really? when you can use the petro pivot? pretty low cost IMO for this many miles...i mean you can always generate the spend at 3% via Paypal and still, small cost for the miles.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mkjr
really? when you can use the petro pivot? pretty low cost IMO for this many miles...i mean you can always generate the spend at 3% via Paypal and still, small cost for the miles.
You don't even have to do that, just go to a grocery store and buy some gift cards for places you will use. You earn double miles for buying gift cards at a grocery store, and then you can use them when you need them.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by donnyk
You don't even have to do that, just go to a grocery store and buy some gift cards for places you will use. You earn double miles for buying gift cards at a grocery store, and then you can use them when you need them.
I'm hoping this is just a typo but it says $3k spending in EACH of the first 3 months, can't see myself spending a total of $9k in just 3 months time even if I'm buying gift cards in bulk.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bokie
I'm hoping this is just a typo but it says $3k spending in EACH of the first 3 months, can't see myself spending a total of $9k in just 3 months time even if I'm buying gift cards in bulk.
Hm. I didn't catch that. 3k a month is a fair bit.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 2:25 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
This will be a good promo for some people. Not a lot.
And probably exactly the type of spender that RBC is looking for.

The $165 annual fee, and no first year free, is the dealbreaker for me.

More discussion of Canadian credit cards and promos at:
MilesBuzz! Canada
Old Sep 11, 2013, 3:03 am

9k spend is high, but if you need avios not a bad choice.
I've seen 50k offers twice but that was when it was just being launched, they had 5k spend requirement back then.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 7:51 am

Programs: FT
if you really don't want to actually spend anything or can not meet the min spend on GC's and the hastle etc., add $87.30 per month and use paypal to pay $3000 a month that you owe to your wife/spouse/friend.

so $261.9 plus 165 (plus 9000 avios for the spend) is 0.79 cpm.

obviously any spend you do make can reduce this.

my math was off...

Last edited by mkjr; Sep 12, 2013 at 9:21 am
Old Sep 11, 2013, 8:57 am

Programs: BA blue,, aeroplan 25K
Originally Posted by Crampedin13A
The 10% off the entire fare on BA flights departing Canada is probably the best part. However I tried booking some flights in early 2014 last week and got a message that the departing flight was outside the offer's dates. Never had that before. Wonder if it's been enhanced away for 2014? Shame because it's helped lower the sky high I fares from YYZ all through 2013.
The other real problem with the 10% off code and using the card is you can't book WT+ and UuA with Avios to CW which is the most economical and best way to fly CW IMHO. You can can get 10% off any fare booked but you can't use Avios to upgrade. It just won't let you. If someone HAS been successful in doing this let me know because you would save over $200 dollars on he average ticket booked into WT+ and flown in CW with Avios even adding the additional tax and fuel surcharges.
We have the card and its for as we put about 80,000 Avios points on it yearly and get the bonus for using it enough to get the 2:4:1 voucher which gives us 2 F tickets yearly for surcharges of both and only 120,000 total Avios. A good deal if you ask me
Old Sep 18, 2013, 7:48 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Man a soft launch on this one...

It's not even advertised well on the RBC website. You need to go to BA.com to find it - unless you got the email by BA.

A very high spend requirement!!
Old Sep 18, 2013, 10:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by yerffej201
9k spend is high, but if you need avios not a bad choice.
I've seen 50k offers twice but that was when it was just being launched, they had 5k spend requirement back then.
I accepted a targeted 50K offer a few years back with no spend requirement but have since cancelled the card in favor of funneling all purchases through Avion and transferring over to Avios during the periodic bonus promotions. Still this offer is decent and thanks to op for sharing. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.