Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

"Dirty Trick" against British Airways by FT's Sarah Steeger

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Dirty Trick" against British Airways by FT's Sarah Steeger

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2013, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs down "Dirty Trick" against British Airways by FT's Sarah Steeger

I'm really disappointed this sensationalist article got through FT's editorial process:

http://www.flyertalk.com/the-hub/is-...new-trick.html

BA hasn't "learned a dirty new trick", and anyone with sixteen years experience of travel should know better than to blame an airline (any airline) when they misread a time of departure.

Thankfully the comments are almost universal in their condemnation of the piece; it would be good to see it withdrawn.

Last edited by oscietra; Aug 28, 2013 at 1:20 pm Reason: The author is Sarah Steegar, not Sarah Steeger
Old Aug 28, 2013, 1:18 pm
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Sarah... Oh Sarah.
Typical dumbass not knowing what a 24hr clock looks like.

Pathetic editorial.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 1:20 pm

Completely agree. I thought the same when I read it. To sum up she misread the flight time and thought 0130 was 1330 and after missing flight questioned whether BA's actions in scheduling such a time were a deliberate dirty trick. Like you I was very surprised to see such rubbish on FT home page. The comments make a good read...'It's you'
Old Aug 28, 2013, 1:25 pm

Programs: BA LT Gold, HH Diamond
I sense a new career, writing utter tosh, highlighting my own inability to read the simplest documents and then expecting sympathy. The woman is a total waste of oxygen.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Deffo her own fault. No sympathy from me.

I bet if a pax told her when she was working that they had done something similar she would be thinking 'silly fool, how do you get the time of a flight wrong?'
Old Aug 28, 2013, 1:31 pm

Programs: BA, LH, VS, Hyatt, SPG
For a moment, I thought this was referring to an article in the Financial Times! Phew!
Old Aug 28, 2013, 1:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
It was actually great to see people so strongly jumping to BA's defence - and rightly so in this case
Old Aug 28, 2013, 1:34 pm

Idiot!!
Old Aug 28, 2013, 1:41 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
We have all made stupid mistakes in life. However, I think if I had been her I would have kept quiet about it rather than firstly tell everyone, and secondly try to suggest it was some kind of "dirty trick" by BA.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt!
Old Aug 28, 2013, 1:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
I can't see why she's complaining. BA didn't change her flight's time without informing her. If she can't read the time for sure it's not BA's fault.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 1:49 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Deffo her own fault. No sympathy from me.

I bet if a pax told her when she was working that they had done something similar she would be thinking 'silly fool, how do you get the time of a flight wrong?'
Snap!
Old Aug 28, 2013, 1:52 pm

Programs: BAEC , M&M , VIRGIN FC , FLYING BLUE
lets be honest here whether you travel by plane train or bus the timetables and schedules are always 24 HOUR CLOCK so yes a stupid mistake

but it is a rather odd time

I presume this particular flight runs only in summer months and there surely must be some tie in with package holiday deals
Old Aug 28, 2013, 1:54 pm

Programs: ECH Gold
What a costly mistake, def not the airline at fault. This flight in question is always a lot cheaper due to the timings. Surely someone in the travel industry could see that???
Old Aug 28, 2013, 1:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, MeliaRewards Gold, Radisson Gold
Good lord. I'm embarrassed for her.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 1:59 pm

Not always, I have seen in certain parts of the world, schedules written up as 01:30pm for 13:30 for example. Uncle Sam seems to have a strange preference -either because they want to be different or because their populus can't get the concept of the 24 hour clock.

Last edited by G-AVFC; Aug 28, 2013 at 2:21 pm Reason: Sp. error

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.