Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Enhancements to Avios booking functionality on ba.com

Old Aug 6, 2013, 4:51 am
Company Representative - British Airways
Original Poster

Dear all

A short while ago we launched some enhancements to the way you can book flights using Avios on ba.com.

The key change is that you can now book mixed cabins - the following is a summary of the changes launched today:

- Up to three available cabins will now be displayed when you searches for reward flights on ba.com.
- This functionality is available for British Airways and partner airline flights
- Improved RFS (Reward Flight Saver) signposting and new icon to distinguish from standard redemptions.
- A 'change flights' button on the fare quote page to make it easier for you to change selected flights.
- A new 'back' button on the fare quote page to allow enable easier navigation between pages

We are continuing to work on the online experience for Spending Avios on ba.com and will keep you updated as an when any enhancements or changes are made.

As ever, please do let us know your feedback on the changes made today.

Warm regards

Nicci
Old Aug 6, 2013, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Thanks for the news, Nicci!
Old Aug 6, 2013, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
^ on mixed class bookings. Thanks!

However, for those of us based abroad and since the introduction of the 'per flight' Avios charging system, it would be great if you could work on the following two improvements:

- cash+upgrade open jaw itineraries

- per segment upgrades on cash+upgrade itineraries

At the moment for either of those very frequent cases, we are dependent on calling Bremen at surcharged rates and during their extremely limited opening hours, so being able to do this autonomously would be an enormous improvement for many of us! Thanks in advance for considering it.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 5:07 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
It does look a lot better - thank you to the team who designed and launched this. Still doesn't help with the availability issue
Old Aug 6, 2013, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks for letting us know, Nicci.

On the plus side it may now be easier to find premium availability. On the minus side the new-found ease of securing premium availability could cause the seats to disappear faster!
Old Aug 6, 2013, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just a quick feedback point: On the BAEC welcome page, there are a couple of bits of stray rubric that need to be deleted now that the new functionality has gone live. I'm not quite sure what needs to go and what needs to stay, because some of the stuff is contradictory!

In the left hand side pod, there are these bits that need to be sorted out:-
Sorry, but you can only book flights online with Avios at the moment.
To book hotels, cars or experiences please contact your local Executive Club Service Centre.
Sorry, but you cannot book online using Avios at the moment.
To book flights, hotels, cars or experiences please contact your local Executive Club Service Centre.
Sorry, but you can only book flights online with Avios at the moment.
To book hotels, cars or experiences please contact your local Executive Club Service Centre.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 5:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Excellent news, Nicci - my next question is when open-jaw Avios bookings will be able to be done on the website ... and whether someone will until then ensure that because the website can't handle my open jaw request, I should face extra fees for having to book it offline.

(Note: I know one can book two singles, but there are a multitude of reasons, not lease Amex 2-for-1 vouchers, which make booking an Open Jaw return a preferred choice).
Old Aug 6, 2013, 5:46 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Just a quick feedback point: On the BAEC welcome page, there are a couple of bits of stray rubric that need to be deleted now that the new functionality has gone live. I'm not quite sure what needs to go and what needs to stay, because some of the stuff is contradictory!

In the left hand side pod, there are these bits that need to be sorted out:-
Doesnt seem to display properly on latest version of chrome - the cabin/avail is all squashed up and loads over each other so you cant see it properly or easily select
Old Aug 6, 2013, 6:01 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GavT_london
Doesnt seem to display properly on latest version of chrome - the cabin/avail is all squashed up and loads over each other so you cant see it properly or easily select
Same problem on Firefox. Was fine on IE.

Thanks for letting us know Nicci. Good to see that the web time are trying to improve reward booking.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 6:01 am

It did that for me the first time, but F5 fixed it...
Old Aug 6, 2013, 6:11 am

Programs: BA gold, *A gold, SPG silver, HHonors gold
Thanks for the information. I am amused that BA continues to use the word 'enhancements' when they must surely by now be aware of the Orwellian inference we will draw from it here.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 6:24 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
So is Reward Flight Saver yet on the path to being crippled -- includes being creatively devalued -- or placed in a coffin? With this sort of change, I almost sort of expected it.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shorthauldad
It did that for me the first time, but F5 fixed it...
And if that doesn't, then CTRL+F5 certainly will.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
^ on mixed class bookings. Thanks!

However, for those of us based abroad and since the introduction of the 'per flight' Avios charging system, it would be great if you could work on the following two improvements:

- cash+upgrade open jaw itineraries

- per segment upgrades on cash+upgrade itineraries

At the moment for either of those very frequent cases, we are dependent on calling Bremen at surcharged rates and during their extremely limited opening hours, so being able to do this autonomously would be an enormous improvement for many of us! Thanks in advance for considering it.
you still can't book each segment in different classes so

Edit: well actually you can, if you choose a stopover

Last edited by Hannibal Lecter; Aug 6, 2013 at 6:54 am Reason: correction
Old Aug 6, 2013, 6:39 am

Programs: BA Gold; Marriott Plat
I do not like the change from coloured dates to all white dates with text depicting availability. It's impossible to see the difference at a glance, and it looks like a recent change Ryanair made from showing prices on their dates to showing "Low Fares Available".

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.