Wiki Posts
Search

Oz Stag

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2013, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, HH
Oz Stag

I'm going to a stag party in November this year in Brisbane. I'm looking to pay cash for a CW return. Although I'm not at all familiar with pricing on this route, having never been to Australia before.

Should I expect to pay around £4,200? And do you also still earn TP's with Quantas on the HKG to Brisbane leg?

Thanks for any advice.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 10:21 am

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B329 Safari/8536.25)

Sale fares on CX can be c£2.5k if you get lucky (BNE may be higher than SYD or MEL, but you could do a cheap QF tag-on).

I found CX loaded cheap sale I fares on Expedia.

Last edited by Kgmm77; Aug 2, 2013 at 10:22 am
Old Aug 2, 2013, 10:35 am

Programs: BA GGL (CCR), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IC RA, Club Carlson Gold
I fly out to Australia a few times a year and I generally pay around 4k for CW but I tend to mainly fly to Sydney. I have flown to Brisbane but found it cheaper to fly to Sydney and then get a separate return flight from Sydney to Brisbane. Having taken a quick look at November pricing, it seems that you might need to pay a little more than what you have quoted. You could look at prices ex-Europe to get a cheaper flight if you want to fly BA. If you need the TPs and Avios, you could look at other Oneworld options. The cheapest would probably be using Finnair to get to HKG and then connecting onto Qantas. You should be able to get that for around 3-3.5k and get a healthy number of TPs. On Expedia there are similar fares with Cathay and Malaysia as well
Old Aug 2, 2013, 10:36 am

Programs: ; BAEC Silver; Qantas FF Gold; Hertz Gold, Accor A-Club Gold
Tier points yes with QF.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 10:38 am
Suspended

There r BA code shares on all CX Aust flights. I assume u get bonus tier points for this.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 10:57 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
It's Qantas, no "u".

Originally Posted by correctioncx
There r BA code shares on all CX Aust flights. I assume u get bonus tier points for this.
Not bonus tier points but bonus Avios for BA code.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 12:42 pm

Last edited by angatol; Feb 28, 2015 at 5:53 pm
Old Aug 2, 2013, 2:29 pm

Programs: ECH Gold
Try Malaysian great fares via KL
Old Aug 3, 2013, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, HH
Thank you for the advice and tips. The Ex Eu option is probably best. I assume can still skip the final leg?
Old Aug 3, 2013, 6:56 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by carat22
Thank you for the advice and tips. The Ex Eu option is probably best. I assume can still skip the final leg?
Yes, you can miss the last leg, provided you don't make a habit of it. But if you had a stag do in Australia every month, this would nevertheless be the least of your worries.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.