Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fees for cancelling Avios booking

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2014, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by alwaysquestions
Sorry to ask but I'm not 100% sure of the situation even after reading through the related threads.

We have booked Mrs AQ and son using a 241 on a Far East trip. Cost is 105K avios plus Ł1000 for fees etc,
Son may now have to cancel due to a new job, could I clarify what we should expect to get back.
Mrs AQ is Bronze, son is Blue
Regards
AQ
Are you cancelling both passengers or just your son? When was the 241 due to expire?
Old Jun 21, 2014, 11:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Rewards, BAPP
Just thd son to bd cancelled
The 2-4-1 expiry date is March 2016
One of the reasons for the questions was the post by jchand recently saying you lost the voucher but a post earlier, which I can't find saying you don't.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 2:18 pm

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
What about charges for changing time when original flights were cancelled?

I have two one-way itins on AA booked with Avios. Both of them had flight cancellations and they've moved me to other flights (which aren't acceptable to me). It won't let me accept changes or search for new flights online. Is it easier to just cancel and rebook? I lose the $2.50/$5.60 in fees though right?
Old Sep 11, 2014, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
You need to phone up to get rebooked without charge. There will also be some flexibility to rebook you into revenue classes if reward seats aren't available on your newly-preferred journey.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 9:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite
If there is availability on your now preferred itinerary the time saved by just cancelling and rebooking may well be worth the few quid saved, given the usual waiting times when calling BA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.