Go Back   > > >

Old Jul 15, 13, 8:33 am   #1
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL Garuda Platinum
Jakarta.............

Been in and out of Jakarta over the last week and i noticed a BA 747 parked , didnt really give it much thought , but then talking to friends at British Chamber of Commerce , they told me they expect BA to be flying a shuttle between Sin and CGK by the end of year.

No idea if the parked plane has anything to do with it , but maybe BA will have a new route soon .......
walkingtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 13, 8:37 am   #2

Programs: Mucci, BA
Didn't the SIN timetable change recently to allow this?
BA6501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 13, 8:37 am   #3

Probably one of the BA World Cargo 747 fleet.
Who knows, if there is a market it may happen.
Sigwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 13, 8:51 am   #4

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Would be my main BA route if it was to open, so i've been keeping a careful eye on it. BAPilotInsider (?) heavily hinted a couple of months ago this was imminent.

BA 11/12 timings are perfect - would give 2 hours on the ground in Jakarta. Garuda seemed to have pulled their LGW-CGK flights ().

But I can't imagine BA would send a jumbo in for the sake of it? They know the place can take 747's - so i'm guessing it's freight?
Sam Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 13, 8:57 am   #5

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
If a freight market really does exist this might be a very good move on the part of BA.

The 744 can handle a decent amount of belly cargo and this revenue would help to subsidise the route.

cs
cornishsimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 13, 8:58 am   #6

Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, M&M (Pleb), *wood / Marriott Plat, Hhonors Diamond
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Bee View Post
Would be my main BA route if it was to open, so i've been keeping a careful eye on it. BAPilotInsider (?) heavily hinted a couple of months ago this was imminent.

BA 11/12 timings are perfect - would give 2 hours on the ground in Jakarta. Garuda seemed to have pulled their LGW-CGK flights ().

But I can't imagine BA would send a jumbo in for the sake of it? They know the place can take 747's - so i'm guessing it's freight?
Did they ever start that route? I know it was mooted but not sure if it ever began. Think they have a code share to LHR and MAN for ex pat Scousers!
Beano HK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 13, 9:02 am   #7

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Nope. They loaded from November. Only noticed that all GA flights are now unbookable

Makes me sad as I think they are a great airline.

Anyway, yes, you can book a codeshare on Etihad to pick up their AMS service in Abu Dhabi.

Which leads me to the following...

Apparently they don't know the words to The Flintstones theme tune in Dubai.

But the people of Abu Dhabi Do...... (sorry!)
Sam Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 13, 9:06 am   #8

Programs: BA Gold, EB Silver, Hilton Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Bee View Post
Nope. They loaded from November. Only noticed that all GA flights are now unbookable

Makes me sad as I think they are a great airline.
Good news! it means the future mother in law might visit less often

But i agree it would have been nice as we have to route through HKG every time we visit Jakarta. Although i do love every minute i spend in HKG.
yawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 13, 10:08 am   #9
Original Poster

Garuda is 100% starting to fly in Nov to LGW, they have just taken delivery of the first 3 class 777 , which has been ordered for both LGW and Sydney

The route is being arranged to match the Sydney flight , I was given the timings, i will find and post ....
Old Jul 15, 13, 10:10 am   #10

Programs: Executive Club Silver
SIN-CGK is a huge market, but many airlines have 10+ daily flights so could BA compete against that? That is assuming they even get 5th freedom rights. Maybe Jakarta-London traffic and cargo could fill up a lot of the flight.

Aren't BA's flights busy to SIN? Has to cancellation of the QF agreement had any effect on SIN?
PotNoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 13, 10:15 am   #11

Programs: BA Gold
I think it would be more appealing if BA were to fly LHR-CGK-DPS . This would also capture a lot of J leisure traffic.
lcyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 13, 10:21 am   #12
Original Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotNoodle View Post
SIN-CGK is a huge market, but many airlines have 10+ daily flights so could BA compete against that? That is assuming they even get 5th freedom rights. Maybe Jakarta-London traffic and cargo could fill up a lot of the flight.

Aren't BA's flights busy to SIN? Has to cancellation of the QF agreement had any effect on SIN?
I would think the cargo is main target , rather than passengers, Indonesia is booming at the moment.
Old Jul 15, 13, 12:05 pm   #13

Programs: Hilton IHG LH BA TK
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotNoodle View Post

Lufthansa did it as a B747 FRASIN CGK tag for years and years. Then switched to MUC SIN CGK in A340 with the A380 on FRA SIN. Then last year finally ditched Munich Singapore and Jakakarta. So no LH in CGK any more.
IAN-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 13, 12:57 pm   #14

Programs: BA Silver & MH Enrich
Whats interesting is that BA World Cargo 747s also currently operate into Kuala Lumpur and i do recall before BA pulled out from both KL and Jakarta - demand for cargo was good for both cities... Shouldn't BA just return to operate LHR-KUL-CGK???

www.youtube.com/watch?v=flvxy4aCJ-I
Malaysian16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 13, 2:54 pm   #15

Programs: LH, BA, AA, HYATT DIA, HH DIA, SPG
It looks like we will see a BA bird flying soon to JAKARTA on a schedule service:

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2...indonesia.html

Probably an extension to SIN flight.
NA-Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote