Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jakarta.............

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2013, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Nov 1st is a nice date, not saying what it's a nice date for of course.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 3:10 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Nov 1st is a nice date, not saying what it's a nice date for of course.
Is it your birthday

It is co-incidentally also the start of the rainy season, the time of the year when sinking Jakarta inevitably gets into a tizz and airport roads get flooded!

This is why you shouldn't own a Rolls Royce in Jakarta..

Old Sep 19, 2013, 5:52 am

Little birdy has told me that although CGK has been talked about internally it's not an imminent launch

However, it's possible that CIHY & BAPilotInsider's Little Bird may have different news?

Apparently it's being spoken about with the same possibility now as Manila - with BA keen to return (support a 3rd daily HKG perhaps?).

I do wonder if these rumours are out there to scare off potential new competitors (worked for Garuda!!).

I say that as - the worlds quickest and quietest longhaul launch has occured with Philippines Airlines

They have got 5 weekly slots (where from?!?) from Heathrow, and have already loaded flights from 10 November in a 773. All flights non-stop - and the return flight at 13:55 must be one of the longest to the UK?

10 across 777 doesn't rock my boat - but with the VFR market they will certainly be filling the seats down the back.

Doubt BA would want to go up against such a low yielding market, but thought the rumour mill would be of interest to some of you!
Old Sep 19, 2013, 6:33 am

on an extension of this topic, would BA want to extend their shares in the Chinese market by going to Taipei? they used to have that route, although not a fun one for the crew or so.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 8:30 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Malaysian16
Whats interesting is that BA World Cargo 747s also currently operate into Kuala Lumpur and i do recall before BA pulled out from both KL and Jakarta - demand for cargo was good for both cities... Shouldn't BA just return to operate LHR-KUL-CGK???

www.youtube.com/watch?v=flvxy4aCJ-I
I believe KLM do CGK as a tag on from KUL- at least they used to a couple of years ago, so it seemed to work for them.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 8:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
The BA 11/12 sits on the tarmac in SIN for eight hours - it shouldn't be much of a problem to fly the bird to CGK like LH did till last year unless the authorities don't want BA to fly to CGK before Garuda flies to LHR...
Old Sep 19, 2013, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Southlondonbonviveur
I believe KLM do CGK as a tag on from KUL- at least they used to a couple of years ago, so it seemed to work for them.
Indeed, KL does all three mentioned above as tags on: CGK, TPE and MNL!!
Old Sep 19, 2013, 9:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
Originally Posted by SMK77
The BA 11/12 sits on the tarmac in SIN for eight hours - it shouldn't be much of a problem to fly the bird to CGK like LH did till last year unless the authorities don't want BA to fly to CGK before Garuda flies to LHR...
I completely agree.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 2:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Still no announcement whatsoever :-(
Old Oct 8, 2013, 2:29 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Best wait until 1st November given CIHY's comment
Old Oct 8, 2013, 2:46 am

Programs: ABBA
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
Is it your birthday

It is co-incidentally also the start of the rainy season, the time of the year when sinking Jakarta inevitably gets into a tizz and airport roads get flooded!

This is why you shouldn't own a Rolls Royce in Jakarta..

Don't pink ones turn into boats?
Old Oct 8, 2013, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by paulwuk
Don't pink ones turn into boats?
I don't think Pink Cars are suitable macho enough for Indonesia!!

I saw CIHY's comments as a launch date rather than an announcement - can't imagine that BA would wait 2 months before making an announcement - unless something is happening on November 1st.

However - Nov 4-7th is World Travel Market in London when many airlines do announce new routes (especially ex-UK) and I'd expect Garuda to firm up their launch date then as they will have a big presence.

Maybe BA will pre-empt them - thus the date? BA unfortunately no longer has a decent presence at the UK's largest travel event (2nd largest in the world) so they tend not to announce anything then.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 6:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by JALlover
on an extension of this topic, would BA want to extend their shares in the Chinese market by going to Taipei? they used to have that route, although not a fun one for the crew or so.
Not wise if BA are trying to access other airports in mainland China like Chengu. Its foreign corporate acknowledging a "rebel Chinese state" isnt it?

Just hop on "Hello Kitty" Eva Air for a connection.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 3:13 am

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
And in the meantime:
http://www.businesstraveller.com/asi...ore-service-on
Old Oct 9, 2013, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Think that something has happened to delay the launch as we would have heard about it by know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.