Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2013, 4:02 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

I know folks always look forward to a Friday, finishing up for the weekend etc. and so I thought I would start a thread for a bit of light heartedness which is prevalant on this board on a Friday.

Whilst I appreciate not everyone works Mon-Fri feel free to post away if your 'Friday' is another day of the week.

Maybe you have been away on a long Business Trip and are returning home, you are flying out on holiday with BA, maybe you have something special planned, maybe you are just going to browse the BA Board as you haven't had a chance during the week?

Anything goes really but I'd ask for this to be kept as a bit of fun, no heated 'debates' (please!) and in general if folks could just post on a 'Friday'.

So I'll go first and feel free to use this format which is similar to other threads starting your posts with.

"Thank Goodness it's Friday because..........

[COMMENT] Thank Goodness it's Friday as I have 4 days off coming up and I am looking forward to seeing my son who has been away for a week. Looking for last minute BA redemption availability too! [/COMMENT]
Old Jul 5, 2013, 4:03 am

Programs: BA Silver
Nice thread

Thank goodness its Friday as I'm just about to finish work, start the drive down to London for a few days with family and then flying off with BA in CW next Tuesday for 2 weeks in Mauritius.

Happy days
Old Jul 5, 2013, 4:06 am

I wish I could say TGIF, unfortunately I'm working all night. London hours during the day...then waiting for the trading floor to clear in NYC then back to working again till the early hours.

I guess the upside is I'm not flying anywhere and won't have to endure this in a Y seat
Old Jul 5, 2013, 4:08 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by 0hnoes
I wish I could say TGIF, unfortunately I'm working all night. London hours during the day...then waiting for the trading floor to clear in NYC then back to working again till the early hours.

I guess the upside is I'm not flying anywhere and won't have to endure this in a Y seat
You need to start a "OFIF" thread....
Old Jul 5, 2013, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
TGIF started yesterday... :-)

30C and sunny here in the south of France. Will remain so for quite a few days. So not going anywhere but it's not BAd. The only downside is that the pool robot is on strike.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 4:09 am

Programs: Executive Club, AMEX, Club Carlson, Tesco clubcard, Nectar, Odeon
It is Pimm's time, the sun is out and since I live in Wimbledon I will watch the men's final on a big TV in our garden with friends and maybe fire the barbie up.

Disclamer: poster is in no way affiliated to Pimm's.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 4:18 am

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
Yes Fridays are good - I finish early and then (usually) head to T5 to fly out somewhere for the weekend.

However, this weekend is a bit of a novelty - we're actually at home in London and have no idea what to do!
Old Jul 5, 2013, 4:20 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Thank goodness it's Friday because Mrs. V10 has cleared off to Germany (in CE no less) and left me to keep a grumpy teenage daughter and a gaggle of feline food monsters fed.

Oh, wait.

Can we have a thank goodness it's Sunday thread for when she gets back?
Old Jul 5, 2013, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by V10
Thank goodness it's Friday because Mrs. V10 has cleared off to Germany (in CE no less) and left me to keep a grumpy teenage daughter and a gaggle of feline food monsters fed.

Oh, wait.

Can we have a thank goodness it's Sunday thread for when she gets back?
Take the teenage daughter shopping, they love it..
Old Jul 5, 2013, 4:30 am
Used to be BAWatersideGuy

Programs: BAEC Blue, El Al Matmid, Amex Plat, PP, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, CX Gold, C.Carlson Gold, Hertz/Avis
TGIF

I am about to go off to have a tour round our 2 new aircraft thanks to my employer
Old Jul 5, 2013, 4:31 am

Programs: BA Silver, I'm back!
TGIF as off to see 80's hair rock band Bon Jovi in Hyde Park tonight before a Lions breakast and a 4 day leisure trip to BUD (On BA of course )
Nice thread idea PETER01, sun is out so lots of positivity from where I am hope you're getting some sun north of the border
Old Jul 5, 2013, 4:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Paralytic
Nice thread

Thank goodness its Friday as I'm just about to finish work, start the drive down to London for a few days with family and then flying off with BA in CW next Tuesday for 2 weeks in Mauritius.

Happy days
Thanks! Oh Happy Days indeed Paralytic , I love Mauritius and I am very envious of your trip!
Old Jul 5, 2013, 4:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by PETER01

"Thank Goodness it's Friday because..........
POETS (work that one out Yahillwe)
Old Jul 5, 2013, 4:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Perimeter Road North
TGIF

I am about to go off to have a tour round our 2 new aircraft thanks to my employer
Remember the camera then ........
Old Jul 5, 2013, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by Paralytic
You need to start a "OFIF" thread....

Amen to that. Upside is working late usually involves an obscene amount of Dominos pizza being delivered to the office.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.