Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2015, 9:54 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by PIKnic
I don't have any flights from EDI this weekend but I would have difficulty getting to the airport as the FRB has been closed to inspect some damage and could be closed for a few days. Traffic across into Fife and north towards will be very badly affected. It maybe better to consider using GLA or ABZ if you have a choice.
This one seems to have ended badly although no-one has got their feet wet so perhaps we should feel grateful.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:03 pm

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Aye the old bridge has issues, shut until january.

Happy friday, hangover finally gone and booked an ex-dub to gcm then a hop from gcm to halifax for a week. Bunch of a319s, 2x aa 77w, ex us a320, int a330 for a 400 mile flight (!) and a few e70 flights to boot, should be a fun trip!
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by jcm9000
Aye the old bridge has issues, shut until january.
Glad the bridge is shut ... we don't need a repeat of this >>> http://www.mcgonagall-online.org.uk/...ridge-disaster

(I mean the poetry, of course. The disaster is a separate subject, ye ken?)
Old Dec 4, 2015, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by T8191
Glad the bridge is shut ... we don't need a repeat of this >>> http://www.mcgonagall-online.org.uk/...ridge-disaster

(I mean the poetry, of course. The disaster is a separate subject, ye ken?)
Aye uncle t, ken like.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 1:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver (lapsed HNL Gold), Avis Preferred, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Plat, Marriot Plat
Happy Friday all! After changing jobs and ending the frequent flying I'm back in the FLounge for the first time in 2 months, going home to GLA to see the mighty Glasgow Warriors play Leinster tomorrow then birthday tea in the new Brewdog in Glasgow's Merchant City. Can't wait...

(Except it's wild in Glasgow tonight so I'm expecting a diversion. And the rugby may get waterlogged. But that would mean more beer).
Old Dec 4, 2015, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by DocWatson
... going home to GLA to see the mighty Glasgow Warriors play Leinster tomorrow then birthday tea in the new Brewdog in Glasgow's Merchant City. Can't wait...

(Except it's wild in Glasgow tonight so I'm expecting a diversion. And the rugby may get waterlogged. But that would mean more beer).
I always enjoyed playing on soggy pitches ... it slowed everyone else down to my plodding [No 8] pace
Old Dec 4, 2015, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY
A gusty but warm wind blowing across the pampas today which has told me I need a haircut....well the wife told me actually.
I don't like going for a haircut.
Which hair are you going to cut?^
Old Dec 11, 2015, 8:17 am

Programs: BA Gold
Late start this week !

Just back from this weeks travels and trying to get my things together for the weekend away for an "office" party for those of us that don't have an office !
Heading for a touch of Scottish seaside partying with some sea air to help the recovery tomorrow.
Safe travels everyone !
Old Dec 11, 2015, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Deleted
Old Dec 11, 2015, 8:23 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
There is water falling from the sky in California. Everyone is quite puzzled as to what it might be; top scientists have been consulted.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 8:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by rapidex
Which hair are you going to cut?^
Still haven't got around to getting it cut. Maybe I should just wait until it falls out naturally and save myself 100 pesos.

34c here and rising. Not nice at all.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 8:29 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Doc Savage
There is water falling from the sky in California. Everyone is quite puzzled as to what it might be; top scientists have been consulted.

There is more than enough of it here in the UK which you're welcome to!

Happy Friday folks, a quiet one for me, chilling with a bottle of red wine and a movie tonight. I came across my box set of Laurel and Hardy which I haven't seen for years so I am going to watch a few episodes tomorrow.

Very funny slapstick stuff (especially the Piano going up the stairs episode) and better than half the modern rubbish we see nowadays, in my humble opinion.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 8:49 am

Programs: BAEC, IHG, LeClub, HHonors
Quiet weekend for us. Early kick off at the rugby in Glasgow tomorrow and probably a couple of quiet beers tomorrow night. One real positive is I have booked my flight for our re-scheduled match in Paris against Racing 92 after our call off following the now infamous night of carnage in the city in November. I'm looking forward to going back.

Have a great weekend folks.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 9:15 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
Another 12 hour shift for me!

Only 133 more 12 hour shifts to go
Old Dec 11, 2015, 9:34 am

Friday eh? Should be in a pub, want to be in a pub, not in a pub. Bah.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.