Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA770 11/06/2013 - Plane type 20D?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2013, 4:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
BA770 11/06/2013 - Plane type 20D?

I'm on this flight tomorrow. Just noticed I'd been bumped from the just-behind-the-curtain 6A to 7A, so went to MMB to have a look.

Seems the equipment type has changed from a 320 to a '20D', and, curiously, there's no sweet spot behind the curtain anymore, with all rows from row 7 back having 3-3 seating.

Looking at ExpertFlyer, CE is rows 1-6 and 7-27 (27??) is ET. Is this an ex-BMI bird with sardine tin legroom?
Old Jun 10, 2013, 4:14 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by opalfruit
I'm on this flight tomorrow. Just noticed I'd been bumped from the just-behind-the-curtain 6A to 7A, so went to MMB to have a look.

Seems the equipment type has changed from a 320 to a '20D', and, curiously, there's no sweet spot behind the curtain anymore, with all rows from row 7 back having 3-3 seating.

Looking at ExpertFlyer, CE is rows 1-6 and 7-27 (27??) is ET. Is this an ex-BMI bird with sardine tin legroom?
Don't know, it could be one of the brand new 320s.
The first one operates today, I beleive.

It has new seating in it which is similar to the BA aircraft with the space saver seats in. The divider can move back and forth, ( the same as on all shorthaul flights) so maybe the CE cabin has been made bigger on your flight.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by Littlegirl
Don't know, it could be one of the brand new 320s.
The first one operates today, I beleive.

It has new seating in it which is similar to the BA aircraft with the space saver seats in. The divider can move back and forth, ( the same as on all shorthaul flights) so maybe the CE cabin has been made bigger on your flight.
Brand new 320s? Are they not configured without the 2-3 alignment behind the CE curtain?
Old Jun 10, 2013, 8:39 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-type-m9a.html

The aircraft type changes from A320 (or A319, A321, 737, 747, 767, 777, etc) to an specific designator around 72 hours before the flight.

3-3 in the first row of economy would indicate space saver seating.

Last edited by nux; Jun 10, 2013 at 8:55 am Reason: Replaced ex-BMI with Space Saver
Old Jun 10, 2013, 8:43 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Brand new 320s? Are they not configured without the 2-3 alignment behind the CE curtain?
They are to be configured the same way that the 320's with the current 'space saver' seats are. Ie. 3/3 all the way down. The new seats are called 'Lightweight Pinnacle Seats'.

We have not taken a delivery of an aircraft with the 'convertible seat' in for ages.

When I said current space saver, I was reffering to the newer Airbuses BA have that don't currently have convertible seats.

These new ones have got a new seat which apparently is lighter and thinner than our current space saver seats, although I have not seen these seats yet.

The first one G-EUYO (10 Jun'13) comes online today. This has the new lightweight Pinnacle seats.

Last edited by Littlegirl; Jun 10, 2013 at 8:53 am
Old Jun 10, 2013, 8:47 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

A BD bird would be 29 rows.

This is a new BA bird without convertible seats (from about G-EUYG onwards; can't remember the actual cut-off).
Old Jun 10, 2013, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by nux
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-type-m9a.html

The aircraft type changes from A320 (or A319, A321, 737, 747, 767, 777, etc) to an specific designator around 72 hours before the flight.

3-3 in the first row of economy would indicate an ex-BMI aircraft.
Not necessarily. It could be but it also might not be.

It could be a current BA aircraft with the space saver seats or a new BA aircraft with the new lightweight Pinnacle seat.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 8:49 am

Programs: BA Silver, Thameslink Delay Repay
Seems like opalfruit needs to do a TR then
Old Jun 10, 2013, 8:53 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Littlegirl
Not necessarily. It could be but it also might not be.

It could be a current BA aircraft with the space saver seats or a new BA aircraft with the new lightweight Pinnacle seat.
Apologies yes you are correct.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by csutter
Seems like opalfruit needs to do a TR then
I don't know if this is the new aircraft but it could be!!!
Old Jun 10, 2013, 9:04 am
hmv

20D as in A320 Domestic?
Old Jun 25, 2013, 1:44 pm

Programs: BA Silver
My upcoming flight switched to an aircraft type of 20D as well. Did we figure out what type of plane that was?

(The seat map shows 27 rows, and the first row of ET shows the middle seat blocked).
Old Jun 25, 2013, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by marwanb
My upcoming flight switched to an aircraft type of 20D as well. Did we figure out what type of plane that was?

(The seat map shows 27 rows, and the first row of ET shows the middle seat blocked).
Sorry I didn't update this thread. I got bumped to CE on this particular flight, so I didn't have much to complain about! The plane was a regular old 320 though, with converter seats. Most odd.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 2:43 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by marwanb

If you read the thread I linked to above, it is "20D - Airbus A320 (G-EU**/G-TT**)".
Old Sep 8, 2013, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When I chose the convertible AC seats the aircraft was showing as 20D, it's still 20D but now the middle seat is back. I can't choose this middle however as it says it couldn't process the seat change. Can easily move anywhere else in the cabin and then back to my C seat though. So maybe the middle is not in use.

Bizarre no?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.