LHR-TLV Nov 1 Already Sold Out?

Old May 7, 2013, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
LHR-TLV Nov 1 Already Sold Out?

Trying to book a TLV-DUB trip in late October returning Nov 1. The 10:55am LHR-TLV flight isn't showing up that day in any class. Is there no flight on that day or is it possible that it's already sold out this far in advance?!
Old May 7, 2013, 12:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by NYTA
Trying to book a TLV-DUB trip in late October returning Nov 1. The 10:55am LHR-TLV flight isn't showing up that day in any class. Is there no flight on that day or is it possible that it's already sold out this far in advance?!
Means that they are possibly going to be cancelled. Happened with a few flights a month or so ago
Old May 7, 2013, 12:46 pm

Programs: BA GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Diamond, Hertz Gold 5*
Expertflyer is showing BA 165 and BA 163 as showing good availability in both classes and most fare codes on 1 Nov so it might just be a blip..
Old May 7, 2013, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
The 10:55am LHR-TLV flight isn't showing up that day in any class. Is there no flight on that day or is it possible that it's already sold out this far in advance?!
The flight doesn't exist. Having a look at several weeks before and after 1 November, it looks like this rotation simply doesn't operate on Fridays.
Old May 7, 2013, 1:05 pm

BA167 never operated on Fridays and this will continue into W13/14 season.
Old May 7, 2013, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lhrsinsyd
BA167 never operated on Fridays and this will continue into W13/14 season.
That doesn't make sense to me as I'm sure there are plenty of Israelis/residents that would like to get here Friday afternoon but don't want to take the early AM flight, and likewise those who would like to fly out Friday evening, but ok.
Old May 7, 2013, 2:45 pm

El Al doesn't fly much on Fridays either. Supply and demand I guess.
Old May 7, 2013, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

LY doesn't fly sundown friday to sundown saturday because it's a sabbath-observant business. Thankfully BA is not, but they seem to be in this case.
Old May 7, 2013, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
That doesn't make sense to me as I'm sure there are plenty of Israelis/residents that would like to get here Friday afternoon but don't want to take the early AM flight, and likewise those who would like to fly out Friday evening, but ok.
Surely BA have a better idea, based on years and years of data, about which flights / days of the week / times have high demand and which don't?
Old May 7, 2013, 4:06 pm

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by lhrsinsyd
El Al doesn't fly much on Fridays either. Supply and demand I guess.
For all intents, El Al cannot (is not allowed) fly from sundown Friday to sundown +1 hour Saturday. (i.e. Shabbos).
Old May 7, 2013, 9:34 pm

Programs: DL DM
Can I recommend RJ via Amman - a much much shorter route if you are just going from TLV to DUB. Have done the route a few times and it works well and saves alot of time.

But, be aware, that there are days when the connection time between flights is really goods and others where it is like 7 hours, so pick your days with this in mind.
Old May 7, 2013, 11:16 pm
Original Poster

I'll probably end up on TK via IST.
Old May 8, 2013, 12:17 am

I'll probably end up on TK via IST.
Very decent alternative.

If you're feeling more adventurous I'd try the all Y with J prices and empty middle seats LH service.
Old May 8, 2013, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyingB1975
If you're feeling more adventurous I'd try the all Y with J prices and empty middle seats LH service.
I would rephrase that to "If you're fancy feeling like a real sucker, try LH's all Y with J prices...."
Old May 8, 2013, 1:12 am
Suspended

Programs: Good Riddance FT!
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Surely BA have a better idea, based on years and years of data, about which flights / days of the week / times have high demand and which don't?
Oh, obviously, BA never makes errors.. Surely BA lounge dragons have a better idea, based upon years of training development and multiple courses, about which passengers are allowed into a lounge and which aren't.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.