FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   LHR-TLV Nov 1 Already Sold Out? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1465085-lhr-tlv-nov-1-already-sold-out.html)

NYTA May 7, 2013 12:41 pm

LHR-TLV Nov 1 Already Sold Out?

Trying to book a TLV-DUB trip in late October returning Nov 1. The 10:55am LHR-TLV flight isn't showing up that day in any class. Is there no flight on that day or is it possible that it's already sold out this far in advance?!

Jenzo May 7, 2013 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by NYTA (Post 20712752)
Trying to book a TLV-DUB trip in late October returning Nov 1. The 10:55am LHR-TLV flight isn't showing up that day in any class. Is there no flight on that day or is it possible that it's already sold out this far in advance?!

Means that they are possibly going to be cancelled. Happened with a few flights a month or so ago

ThatT1Feeling May 7, 2013 12:46 pm

Expertflyer is showing BA 165 and BA 163 as showing good availability in both classes and most fare codes on 1 Nov so it might just be a blip..

Globaliser May 7, 2013 12:59 pm

The 10:55am LHR-TLV flight isn't showing up that day in any class. Is there no flight on that day or is it possible that it's already sold out this far in advance?!

The flight doesn't exist. Having a look at several weeks before and after 1 November, it looks like this rotation simply doesn't operate on Fridays.

lhrsinsyd May 7, 2013 1:05 pm

BA167 never operated on Fridays and this will continue into W13/14 season.

NYTA May 7, 2013 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by lhrsinsyd (Post 20712883)
BA167 never operated on Fridays and this will continue into W13/14 season.

That doesn't make sense to me as I'm sure there are plenty of Israelis/residents that would like to get here Friday afternoon but don't want to take the early AM flight, and likewise those who would like to fly out Friday evening, but ok.

lhrsinsyd May 7, 2013 2:45 pm

El Al doesn't fly much on Fridays either. Supply and demand I guess.

NYTA May 7, 2013 3:17 pm

LY doesn't fly sundown friday to sundown saturday because it's a sabbath-observant business. Thankfully BA is not, but they seem to be in this case.

Globaliser May 7, 2013 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by NYTA (Post 20713337)
That doesn't make sense to me as I'm sure there are plenty of Israelis/residents that would like to get here Friday afternoon but don't want to take the early AM flight, and likewise those who would like to fly out Friday evening, but ok.

Surely BA have a better idea, based on years and years of data, about which flights / days of the week / times have high demand and which don't?

baccarat_king May 7, 2013 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by lhrsinsyd (Post 20713396)
El Al doesn't fly much on Fridays either. Supply and demand I guess.

For all intents, El Al cannot (is not allowed) fly from sundown Friday to sundown +1 hour Saturday. (i.e. Shabbos).

Irubi May 7, 2013 9:34 pm

Can I recommend RJ via Amman - a much much shorter route if you are just going from TLV to DUB. Have done the route a few times and it works well and saves alot of time.

But, be aware, that there are days when the connection time between flights is really goods and others where it is like 7 hours, so pick your days with this in mind.

NYTA May 7, 2013 11:16 pm

I'll probably end up on TK via IST.

FlyingB1975 May 8, 2013 12:17 am

Originally Posted by NYTA (Post 20715489)
I'll probably end up on TK via IST.

Very decent alternative.

If you're feeling more adventurous I'd try the all Y with J prices and empty middle seats LH service. ;)

clubman May 8, 2013 12:44 am

Originally Posted by FlyingB1975 (Post 20715663)
If you're feeling more adventurous I'd try the all Y with J prices and empty middle seats LH service. ;)

I would rephrase that to "If you're fancy feeling like a real sucker, try LH's all Y with J prices...." ;)

BizFlyin May 8, 2013 1:12 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser (Post 20713643)
Surely BA have a better idea, based on years and years of data, about which flights / days of the week / times have high demand and which don't?

Oh, obviously, BA never makes errors.. Surely BA lounge dragons have a better idea, based upon years of training development and multiple courses, about which passengers are allowed into a lounge and which aren't.