Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Any experience going from BA16 to BA12in SIN?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2013, 1:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Geek platinum

I'm flying back from SYD on Wednesday and to get myself (and the family) into club, my only option was to get BA16 to SIN and BA12 from SIN to LHR. My only concern is one of lost bags, the turnaround is nominally 1 hr 20 but I was wondering if anyone has had any experience doing this and if so were there any problems?
Old May 6, 2013, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is one of the most efficient airports in the world. Your bags would probably make it even if the 16 arrived an hour late.
Old May 6, 2013, 2:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Geek platinum
Thanks, that puts my mind somewhat at rest, availability has now opened up on the 16 all the way but think I will stick with the 12 as my wife has never been on the 747 and the CW cabin sounds a little nicer given we have a 10 month old in tow.
Old May 6, 2013, 2:33 am

Programs: MUCCI du gingembre cinquant, CAMRA
I have done this and it works fine, but make sure you show your bag tags to the lounge staff to confirm that you are on the flight and your bags will get loaded.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 11:33 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I am trying to book BA16 to BA12 (1 hour 10 mins in Singapore) using Avios and the website says "Sorry there is a problem with booking this journey online. Try selecting other flights". Would/should I be able to book this over the phone or is the connection too short?
Old Oct 1, 2014, 12:01 pm

INT-INT connections in SIN seem to have a minimum connection time of 60 mins, so BA16-BA12 should be perfectly valid.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 12:06 pm

Programs: Free agent
I recently did exactly this (BA16-BA12) as there was an F redemption that way. As others have said, it easily clears the MCT in SIN, there's plenty of time to head to the lounge for dinner/refresher (QF lounge is bigger and better ironically), and your bags will make it no troubles. SIN is wonderful like that
Old Oct 1, 2014, 12:35 pm

Programs: MUCCI du gingembre cinquant, CAMRA
Don't forget to show your bag tags to the lounge staff to confirm that you are on the flight.

Have a good trip.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 2:07 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
All went smoothly when I did this transfer.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 3:25 pm

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Thanks all. Guess I'd better ring then!
Old Oct 1, 2014, 4:05 pm

Did this back in April in CW. Had time for a shower and a quick bite in the lounge before heading back to the gate, although I'm sure the connection time was longer than 1h 10m.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.