Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries Club lounge LHR: Dining menu and food options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options (2013, 2014, & 2015) for the Galleries Club (GC) lounges in LHR, of which there are three in Terminal 5 (T5A North & South, and T5B). This lounge is open to passengers flying oneworld on a business class ticket, BAEC Silver and oneworld Sapphire card holders. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey.

The current catering options in the GC lounges can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2016 (n.b. no separate 2017 or 2018 thread) - T3 & T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Galleries Club lounge LHR: Dining menu and food options

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2013, 2:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold and various hotel programs (wishing they were all linked)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The two sets of rolls (bacon and mushroom) appear when the Galleries Club opens at 05:00 and disappear at 09:30. Toast and porridge continue to be available until 12 midday when hot food is served until 15 hrs approx. Then 18 hours onwards is evening hot meal. Soup and sandwiches are served in between. I'll adjust post 1 to make this clearer.
I was in Galleries Club on Weds and had the mushroom roll at around 7.45am en route to JFK. What I could see was:

- the first mushroom roll was delicious so I went back for another. When I got to the table a new batch was being delivered so waited for those. It was cold

- I had collected a bacon roll in my first pass but it contained so much fat I left it

- the people coming from the kitchen really seemed totally bored with their job

- all I could see was rows and rows of pastries, the rolls and a little pre-cut fruit which had almost gone. Choice of cereals was Alpen, wheatabix and I think cornflakes. I was look forward to porridge which I couldnt find

All in all quite disappointing and I wish I had breakfast at the hotel tbh - luckily I was given a questionnaire on board so noted the catering
Old May 31, 2013, 4:08 am

Programs: baec, HHonours
Evening Hot Meal

Then 18 hours onwards is evening hot meal.

Anyone with experience of the Evening Hot meal and what it may consist of?

travelling to LCA in CE on the 22.35 next week and will be travelling to LHR straight from work, should I stop somewhere for a bite to eat or is the lounge offerings sufficient?

Thanks

ss
Old May 31, 2013, 4:13 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I'm currently in the VIE JET Lounge, a lounge open to pretty much anyone with a good bank account or any status anywhere.

At 11:45 even they had a hot food option as well as some fresh salad.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 1:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Concorde Room Card, Hilton Diamond
I've tried to document the Galleries Club catering changes (well, breakfast at least) during my recent visit there on Saturday:

http://invol-upgrade.com/trip-report...nges-part-one/
Old Jun 3, 2013, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by ba_cityflyer
I've tried to document the Galleries Club catering changes (well, breakfast at least) during my recent visit there on Saturday:

http://invol-upgrade.com/trip-report...nges-part-one/
Interesting, thanks for that and the photos.

The cold selection has reduced markedly - there are now only three types of yogurt (natural, greek and strawberry) as opposed to individual different flavours. Also, the fresh berry mix has gone.

The hot bacon/mushroom rolls now seem to vanish from 09:30, leaving nothing hot until 12:00. This is a big concern of mine. They should stop breakfast at 11:00 (with hot options continuing up until then) and move to a lunch/dinner offering until the lounge closes at 22:30.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 2:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Report from my recent visit in T3 BA Galleries Club lounge on 08JUN is here. Definitely no meat slices were available, no vegetables, really nothing else than baby food (though the yogurts look like a good quality ones).

Much better offers were available at equivalent CX or AA lounges at the same time.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 6:52 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I've made yet another foray into GC, and I don't think the menu has changed yet. I think it's due to the fact that they still have food stocks to get through, but I haven't been able to confirm it. Some of the salad options have changed to reflect those items shared with Flounge, but I've not reflected that in the first thread yet. Either way, if you like mustard chicken, fill yer boots. I'll update this thread if and when anything more substantial changes.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
In GC tomorrow and don't like mustard chicken ...
Old Nov 1, 2013, 1:20 pm

Programs: BAEC
I suspect no one likes the 'mustard' chicken, which is why they have so much stock to get through....
Old Nov 8, 2013, 7:35 am

Programs: BA Silver, Thameslink Delay Repay
Apparently FT is more interested in GF than GC, but I won't let that stop me! I stopped by Galleries North in T5 yesterday and tasted my way through the new/improved offerings. The things I do for you people!

There have been some minor changes in the GC catering, most notably a new flavour of gloop: Portuguese Chicken (replacing the despised "May Contain Traces Of Mustard" Chicken). I believe the terrible "Beef Bourguignon" has disappeared completely. In the pasta department, mushroom sauce has replaced tomato. There are different kinds of cookies, new sandwiches (I think) and new cakes too. The cold buffet and cold cuts seem to be (as of yet) unchanged. As I've read that the new menus may not have rolled out in their entirety yet, I'll keep my eyes open next week too and report back.

Now the Portuguese Chicken is still nothing to write home about, it's quite salty and mediocre. But, and that's a big but, it is a vast improvement over the Mustard Chicken and I would now honestly say that it's similar in quality and taste to the chicken dish Compass used to serve in GC.

Still D- for presentation and meat content, but that wasn't much better under Compass! New Portugese Chicken is to the left of the rice.

I also sampled the afternoon tea offering. I think the sandwiches have improved a lot, they are really quite tasty and easy on the mayo.

Coronation Chicken and Tomato & Egg sandwiches

Also top marks for the cakes - they were moist without being too greasy, and I would definitely rate them a notch above the similar kinds of cakes you would get at Starbucks.

Sticky Ginger and Chocolate cakes

My personal verdict: I was a very vocal critic of the food BaxterStorey initially served in GC. That is no longer the case. All of the dishes are now at the very least edible, and some of the offerings are actually quite good compared to last year. I would still appreciate a non-stop hot food offering though, but I think those days have gone...
Old Nov 8, 2013, 9:25 am

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by csutter
I would still appreciate a non-stop hot food offering though, but I think those days have gone...
Agreed. My usual flights are long haul to YVR or YYC, which typically leave T5 around 1700, depending upon the time of year. It always puts me in the lounge during the "afternoon tea" phase and the pickings are slim. I've yet to see the bowls of gloop, but that might be a blessing in disguise.

If they were going to do afternoon tea why not go full stereotypical and have scones and clotted cream?
Old Nov 9, 2013, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Thanks for posting the pics, csutter. The buffet still looks atrocious
Old Nov 9, 2013, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by Jagboi
If they were going to do afternoon tea why not go full stereotypical and have scones and clotted cream?
You only get that in Galleries First

Cathay Pacific, on the other hand, sees it fit to give these in its business class lounge in T3, along with all-day hot buffet and to-order food...
Old Nov 10, 2013, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quite often cheap baked goods contain trans fats. I believe I may have read somewhere that one of BS' pledges is that they don't use them, can anyone verify that?
Old Nov 10, 2013, 3:30 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by hugolover
Quite often cheap baked goods contain trans fats. I believe I may have read somewhere that one of BS' pledges is that they don't use them, can anyone verify that?
Yes - in trade newspapers their regular adverts mention that they've done a Responsibility Deal:

http://responsibilitydeal2.dh.gov.uk/render.php?r=270

These Deals are quite common in the industry these days and have greatly reduced trans fat consumption in the last few years. Some trans isomer fatty acids occur naturally at very low levels, so it's difficult to completely get rid of them in balanced Western or Asian diet, so the recommendation is that it gets down to trace levels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.