Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA award availability

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2013, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Amb,Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Best Western Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Silver
BA award availability

Anyone know what happened on ba.com with flights availability, looks all disappeared till at least mid May /At least European destination/?
Yesterday it was good availability for almost every day in beginning of May / EDI-LHR/ now all gone!
Old Apr 25, 2013, 4:17 pm

Programs: AA ExP, DL Diamond, AF Plat, AS 75K, Hertz #1 Gold, National Executive, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by walduk70
Anyone know what happened on ba.com with flights availability, looks all disappeared till at least mid May /At least European destination/?
Yesterday it was good availability for almost every day in beginning of May / EDI-LHR/ now all gone!
on my personal observation, things have been funky on BA.com and I think it's actually their system, I've seen space disappear right before my eye all together on KVS.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 4:24 pm

Programs: BA, LM // HH, CP
I've been having the same problem. Looking for a Asia-NA flight and I see absolutely nothing =|
Old Apr 27, 2013, 5:01 am

I've been watching for CW seats to SEA in the last month and a lot of availability for Nov, Dec, and Jan appeared in the last two days. Might be happening with other routes?

Managed to get 64 J/K for a flight after Xmas, feels like Christmas in April!

Last edited by bookish; Apr 27, 2013 at 5:08 am
Old Apr 27, 2013, 5:06 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
I think it's a new strategy. TATL J availability seems to regularly open up 24-48 hours before departure. Only problem is booking before somebody else grabs it, since ba.com never works for my UUA's.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 7:40 am

Programs: BA silver, Hyatt PLT, AA EXP, US silver, ICH RA, CO PLT
Same here LHR-US route in F nothing :-(
LHR-ORD first seats available in November
LHR-PHX in C same first seta available in November

Did something change with BA?
Old Jun 1, 2013, 4:50 pm

Programs: aadvantage plt/2mm; Southwest A-pref'd; VA Gold; SPG PLT
There are basically no first or club flights available for award from Dallas to London. At least on BA.com. My last four international flights were on BA club, booked with AA miles. Frankly it's a dump. I will stick with AA or other carriers.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 4:56 pm

it does seem like BA have made it way tougher to redeem in F & J....I cant get much NA or Asia all summer
Old Jun 1, 2013, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
With this almost complete lack of award availability, I have little reason to keep the Chase BA credit card. After spending $30,000 to get the companion award ticket, it's now worthless due to lack of availability.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 5:37 pm

I kinda feel the same re my BA amex....this feels like the end for those who don't purchase premium BA seats regularly
Old Jun 2, 2013, 1:44 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
You need to be flexible and plan ahead. The LHR-SFO routes look better now for Jan/Feb 2014. LHR-JFK has availability most days from September 2013 onwards. Very popular routes and times have always been difficult.

I just bagged MUC LHR PVG / NRT LHR MUC in F using 2-4-1 for November. 198,000 Avios and €1,200 instead of over €20,000. I even got 2 * PVG-NRT on JAL in J for 15,000 Avios and €70 each. Also not bad for a 3 hour flight in J on a 777.

It's not bad when you do find something. Just don't try looking the same places everybody else wants to go. You have to be very early or last-minute for that. I'm sure the Europe-US availability is being completely swallowed up by the volume of Chase 100K and 2-4-1 bonus tickets being issued.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 1:53 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
With this almost complete lack of award availability, I have little reason to keep the Chase BA credit card. After spending $30,000 to get the companion award ticket, it's now worthless due to lack of availability.
Sorry don't understand, did you spend 30k just to get the companion ticket?! If not surely you would have spent this amount anyway so what is the problem. With all the credit card, supermarket offers of avios, it is little wonder there is virtually no availability, even for those spending thousands with BA itself.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 3:41 am

I've found it hard to get BA First flights from ANC > SEA > LHR, but in April 2011 finally decided to redeem AS mileage for only alternate available for the timeframe in First being ANC > IAH > LHR, and return LHR > SFO > ANC. And now April 2013 I again tried to get something out of SEA, or LAX to no avail, and ended up with alternate ANC > SFO > LHR and reverse for the return. This 2013 trip I had to use AS miles to get to SFO via LAX, then BA Avios for SFO to LHR redeemed for First using the Chase companion code for $30k spend. So at least I got something, although it wasn't easy, and it was more costly for mileage than I'd have preferred since I had to pony up to get to SFO gateway. In 2011 trip I used 140k per First seat from ANC to LHR, but this trip I had to spend 150k Avios for SFO to LHR, plus 100k for First ANC to SFO. Frustrating, but I made it for an awesome 20 day trip.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by fdemoulin
Sorry don't understand, did you spend 30k just to get the companion ticket?! If not surely you would have spent this amount anyway so what is the problem. With all the credit card, supermarket offers of avios, it is little wonder there is virtually no availability, even for those spending thousands with BA itself.
His post is pretty clear, yes he would have spend the $30K he is saying he could have spent it with Chase, Amex or other airline CC which might be more valuable than Avios (even with companion fix) to him if availability has dropped so much.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by Tafflyer
I think it's a new strategy. TATL J availability seems to regularly open up 24-48 hours before departure. Only problem is booking before somebody else grabs it, since ba.com never works for my UUA's.
This is more than a strategy, I have been booking BA F 30-60 days out every summer US-EU-US for the last few years without any difficulty. Availability is just completely gone.
I am actually surprise not see more post on FT on the subject, it is a pretty clear change from a major airline with decent award. I have not spend anytime on the forum for the last 6-12 month, ft not the place to be anymore?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.