Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Lounge Database | South America and Caribbean

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Lounge Database | South America and Caribbean

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2016, 10:09 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by alexwuk
As an FT resident wino ("wineau"?) married to an Argentine, I can confirm the wine selection at the EZE LAN lounge is by far the best: it's comparable in price/quality to what BA spend in the LHR Flounge.
Agreed. Or comparable in value; they probably spend significantly more on getting Roederer in Argentina than what BA pays for the vintage Taittinger in Europe.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 3:04 pm

How's it going with the refurbishment of Terminal 2 Rio?
Old Jan 28, 2016, 6:11 am

Programs: TK Gold, FB Silver, A3 Silver, BA Bronze
New lounge at UVF?

Originally Posted by bluemoon68
Quick update to #14, lounge at UVF St Lucia has reasonable wifi and toilets in the lounge. Opening hours beyond 4pm, until at least the departing LGW flight BA 2158 (currently at 19:35).
Is the Iyanola lounge still available to BA passengers?

Manage my Booking for an upcoming flight lists the following: "Anchorage Lounge. Location: After Security in the Departure Lounge. Lounge access to Club World, Gold and Silver ECH and subject to capacity restrictions".

I assume the omission of any reference to F is an oversight.

I can't locate anything on the Anchorage lounge, but vaguely recall some recent mention on here of a change to UVF lounge provision.
Old May 11, 2016, 4:20 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

San José, Costa Rica has now been added to the database
Old May 11, 2016, 4:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold/AF Gold/HHonors Gold/AMEX Plat/Bonvoy Gold/TAP Miles and Go Gold
BA in LIM is using SUMAQ or VIP CLUB depending on capacity.

Rgds
Old May 11, 2016, 4:59 pm

Programs: BAEC, LHM&M, and even a dusty KLFB!
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
For anyone who's interested, the refurbishment of T2 is still ongoing. Arriving and departing there last week I was slightly surprised to find the place still something of a partial building site (and that's being charitable)...

As far as the lounge goes - well, it's the Proair Sala VIP, turn right after the (very slow and disorganised) passport control and walk about 100m. It's on the same level as the rest of the airside area.

Opening hours 6 til midnight

Standard BA rules, I presume. Also Priority Pass.

F&B - selection of small sandwiches (well, ham roll or cheese rolls), prepacked salad bowls, soup, desserts and hot snacks (mini pizzas, local savouries).

Selection of beers, suboptimal wine (red or white, basically), soft drinks, tea, coffee, hot chocolate.

No champagne that I could see.

Free wifi
TV
Newspapers
Very few socket locations!
Childrens play area (assuming they like CNN)
Toilets in lounge
Showers (allegedly, tho I didn't check)
Rather warm
No views
Boarding announcements in the lounge (reasonably unintelligible)

Given the number of airlines that use it in addition to priority pass, it's quite a small lounge, and it got quite crowded at times...
Old May 11, 2016, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Originally Posted by DrBernardo
For anyone who's interested, the refurbishment of T2 is still ongoing. Arriving and departing there last week I was slightly surprised to find the place still something of a partial building site (and that's being charitable)...

As far as the lounge goes - well, it's the Proair Sala VIP, turn right after the (very slow and disorganised) passport control and walk about 100m. It's on the same level as the rest of the airside area.

Opening hours 6 til midnight

Standard BA rules, I presume. Also Priority Pass.

F&B - selection of small sandwiches (well, ham roll or cheese rolls), prepacked salad bowls, soup, desserts and hot snacks (mini pizzas, local savouries).

Selection of beers, suboptimal wine (red or white, basically), soft drinks, tea, coffee, hot chocolate.

No champagne that I could see.

Free wifi
TV
Newspapers
Very few socket locations!
Childrens play area (assuming they like CNN)
Toilets in lounge
Showers (allegedly, tho I didn't check)
Rather warm
No views
Boarding announcements in the lounge (reasonably unintelligible)

Given the number of airlines that use it in addition to priority pass, it's quite a small lounge, and it got quite crowded at times...
The new pier will open on May 19th:

AFAIK, BA will use the new Admirals Club once it opens. Na date has been set yet.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 6:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Just to clarify. Flying F (silver) GRU to LHR later today on BA

Can I also use the Latam and Admirals lounge or can I only use the BA designated one?

I thought I could use any one world lounge but info elsewhere suggests I need to by flying Latam or AA to access their lounges.

Also, are there any F lounge facilities at GRU?
Old Jul 1, 2016, 8:01 am

Programs: BA Executive club Gold ,Skywards
Does BA no longer have use of a Lounge at GIG ?
I am flyer first out of RIO in February and MMB states I will be issued a voucher to spend at various outlets
Old Jul 1, 2016, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by jasensteve
Does BA no longer have use of a Lounge at GIG ?
I am flyer first out of RIO in February and MMB states I will be issued a voucher to spend at various outlets
By then there will be a new Admirals Club available.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 10:37 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
So there I am, in Costa Rica, middle of nowhere really, crawl down to the airport basement for the VIP Lounge mentioned here, flash my plastic and say "I'm with BAEC, can I use this lounge?". There is a rich assortment of airline tags lined up on the wall but I see no Speedmarque (it's effectively the Copa/Star Alliance lounge). I was astounded by the receptionist's response: "you aren't that Prospero guy from Flyertalk are you? No? OK he's got it wrong. I'm waiting for him to show up".

So, to spare any bloodletting in the world's most peaceful country, the lounge photo and other details are correct (except it opens at 04:30 hrs and strangely there's a sushi bar), but there are actually two lounges at gate 5. The VIP Lounge in the basement is therefore best avoided but is well signposted. The BA and IB lounge confusingly named VIP Santamaría, is upstairs at gate 5, steps behind the pillar and is not so well signed. Only available for BA and IB flights which leave from gates 1 or 2 nearby, AA doesn't work there despite what it says on the oneworld website. I couldn't see a Speedmarque sign there either. It's an Avianca / Amex lounge otherwise.

BA's 777s are among the biggest aircraft to land at the modern and efficient Juan Santamaría International Airport, people come out to see it land.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 2:13 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I was astounded by the receptionist's response: "you aren't that Prospero guy from Flyertalk are you? No? OK he's got it wrong. I'm waiting for him to show up".
Hopefully without a baseball bat under the counter. Thanks for that juicy quip - broad grins all round. My error has now been corrected and I hope any future international incidents will now be averted
Old Aug 26, 2016, 5:51 am

Programs: Mucci (Scirocco Sash), BAEC Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Some comments upthread on Rio and the redevelopment of the terminal. I have just booked an F redemption ex-Rio/GIG for March 2017, and MMB states the lounge is the “Premium Plaza”, which I am guessing is meant to be the Plaza Premium.

Having checked their corporate site it seems Plaza Premium have opened two new lounges in GIG just in time for the Olympics (one domestic, one international), both of which look rather nice from the pictures at least. No idea if the previously noted lounges are still open and/or accessible, or if this is an F-only offering (I would guess not) – but I am sure someone with actual local knowledge will be along in due course!
Old Aug 26, 2016, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by daftboy
Some comments upthread on Rio and the redevelopment of the terminal. I have just booked an F redemption ex-Rio/GIG for March 2017, and MMB states the lounge is the “Premium Plaza”, which I am guessing is meant to be the Plaza Premium.

Having checked their corporate site it seems Plaza Premium have opened two new lounges in GIG just in time for the Olympics (one domestic, one international), both of which look rather nice from the pictures at least. No idea if the previously noted lounges are still open and/or accessible, or if this is an F-only offering (I would guess not) – but I am sure someone with actual local knowledge will be along in due course!
It seems IAG decided to go with Plaza Premium instead of Admirals Club, but I guess that Executive Club members with status will still have to use Admirals Club, so there are photos of the former:
http://passageirodeprimeira.com/plaz...-no-riogaleao/
And video for the latter:
Old Aug 28, 2016, 5:55 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Appreciate it's a motley bunch of lounges, and this may have been asked upthread but I'm on my mobile... Which is the best lounge at Buenos Aires Ezeiza please?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.