Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Lounge Option at Las Vegas

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2013, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver; VS Gold; HHonors Diamond; Amex Centurion; IHG Platinum; Club Accor Platinum; TfL Oyster.
New Lounge Option at Las Vegas

Recently American Express opened the first of a planned chain of lounges. The first one is at LAS; near the D Gates and just a tram ride from the E Gates. It's a real step up from the third party Club at LAS and is more like a good UK First Lounge than a typical Admirals Club or other US Lounge. Details at The Centurion Lounge. It's a great deal for Amex Centurion Card holders (free) and if you eat and drink there; it's probably worth the $50 for others Amex Members.

My American Express Card is from outside the US. Am I eligible to access The Centurion Lounge?
Yes, all American Express Cardmembers who hold a valid American Express Credit or Charge Card are eligible to access The Centurion Lounge.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 9:29 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
The entrance to it is certainly impressive! I may take a look next time I am going through!

aks120
Old Apr 19, 2013, 9:58 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Is it not only for Centurion members?

Surely it will be heaving if any old card member can get in!
Old Apr 19, 2013, 10:05 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj

As per the OP it is open to any Amex card holder but only Centurion members get in for free, the rest of us have to pay $50 which will probably ensure it is pretty empty!

From Amex:

Any eligible American Express Cardmember may purchase a one-day Access Key at the Lounge for $50. If you hold a Centurion Card from American Express, or if you received a promotional mailing with an Access Key, access to The Centurion Lounge is complimentary. Purchase of one-day Access Keys is subject to Lounge capacity.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 10:08 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!

The way I understood the FAQ -

Having (any) Amex card allows one the "privilege" of purchasing an Access Key for $50.

Amex Centurion Card holders don't need to pay for the above mentioned Access key, and they get free entry. (As do those who get a promo mailing with a "free key".)
Old Apr 19, 2013, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.

Because it costs $50 for most! How many people will routinely pay that to get into a waiting room?

The Q&A on the page say:-
ACCESS TO THE CENTURION LOUNGE

Who is eligible to visit The Centurion Lounge?
All American Express® Cardmembers with a valid American Express Credit or Charge Card are eligible to visit The Centurion. (Note: Access is subject to capacity and is not guaranteed.) Individuals under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.

What do I need to bring to The Centurion Lounge to get in?
To be admitted to The Centurion Lounge, you must present your valid American Express Credit or Charge Card and, upon request, show your same-day airline ticket on any carrier and government-issued I.D. If you received a promotional mailing with an Access Key, you must bring the American Express Card indicated on that Access Key.

Will I need to pay for admission to The Centurion Lounge?
Any eligible American Express Cardmember may purchase a one-day Access Key at the Lounge for $50. If you hold a Centurion Card from American Express, or if you received a promotional mailing with an Access Key, access to The Centurion Lounge is complimentary. Purchase of one-day Access Keys is subject to Lounge capacity.

Old Apr 19, 2013, 10:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by tooblue
Recently American Express opened the first of a planned chain of lounges. The first one is at LAS; near the D Gates and just a tram ride from the E Gates. It's a real step up from the third party Club at LAS and is more like a good UK First Lounge than a typical Admirals Club or other US Lounge. Details at The Centurion Lounge. It's a great deal for Amex Centurion Card holders (free) and if you eat and drink there; it's probably worth the $50 for others Amex Members.

My American Express Card is from outside the US. Am I eligible to access The Centurion Lounge?
Yes, all American Express Cardmembers who hold a valid American Express Credit or Charge Card are eligible to access The Centurion Lounge.
Not sure I follow that. AMEX have had a lounge at EZE for ages. I went in it in 2009. It was free admission for AMEX Platinum with a separate area for Centurion. Not sure if LAS lounge is only free to Centurion holders, it is that useful for most of FT.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 10:21 am

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze....er now Blue
$50? better off sticking your $ into a Wheel of Fortune Slot - the jackpots are won from time to time at the airport. I won $800 from a 75c bet at T2 a couple of years ago as I couldn't get into the heaving shared lounge.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 10:37 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, BA Amex PP
Looks nice, though I'd probably only pay if I knew I was going to be delayed/in transit for a while.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver; VS Gold; HHonors Diamond; Amex Centurion; IHG Platinum; Club Accor Platinum; TfL Oyster.
Originally Posted by FrancisA
Not sure I follow that. AMEX have had a lounge at EZE for ages. I went in it in 2009. It was free admission for AMEX Platinum with a separate area for Centurion. Not sure if LAS lounge is only free to Centurion holders, it is that useful for most of FT.
But Las Vegas is the first of a chain of lounges: branded 'Centurion Lounge' and is a premium product. It is not a standard American Express VIP Lounge, as exist at Delhi, Mexico City, Sao Paolo and Buenos Aires; which are branded 'Centurion CLUB'.

There are quite a few people who are not flying premium and do not enjoy airline status but willingly pay Ł20-30 to access a UK third-party lounge (champagne costing extra) to enhance their journey. In comparison, $50 seems a reasonable price to pay for the Centurion Lounge. It's not as if the Club at LAS is much of a competitor.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Because it costs $50 for most! How many people will routinely pay that to get into a waiting room?
There seem to be an awful lot of people who don't mind paying a few thousand for a comfy chair on a plane for a few hours.

And the idea of branding it a Centurion lounge is a stroke of genius. Every Platinum card holder will want to be let in to play with the big boys for a few hours.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 11:27 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
As per the OP it is open to any Amex card holder but only Centurion members get in for free, the rest of us have to pay $50 which will probably ensure it is pretty empty!

From Amex:
The ones who could afford it without blinking get in free!
Old Apr 19, 2013, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingB1975
There seem to be an awful lot of people who don't mind paying a few thousand for a comfy chair on a plane for a few hours.
All plane seats are comfy. But some are much further away from other people and much better for stretching out. Accordingly I am willing to pay a good premium over economy for J.

But in the airport there is normally plenty of opportunity to sit somewhere comfortable a decent distance from others and walk around freely without sitting in a lounge.

Accordingly I would be unlikely to pay USD 50 for a few hours in a lounge unless the connection is long or there is something truly special on offer. This lounge looks a bit ordinary to me.

Old Apr 19, 2013, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Centurion Club "World Class Service" tab
A limited selection of cocktails, wine and beer will be available from 5:00AM- 11:30AM
Old Apr 19, 2013, 11:40 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; VS Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingB1975

And the idea of branding it a Centurion lounge is a stroke of genius. Every Platinum card holder will want to be let in to play with the big boys for a few hours.
As a Platinum Card holder flying AA from Gate D10 at LAS to LAX last week, I was offered access for $50, with the manager arguing this would be great value if my flight were delayed because of the "premium amenities" offered! I pointed out that the airline or AmEx insurance would feed me after 2 hours anyway; and that the Priority Pass (that came with my AmEx Platinum Card) would get me into the "Lounge at Las Vegas" where solicitous staff would ply me with as much enough wine, coffee and biscotti as I could possibly want 3 hrs before dinner in AA Flagship Lounge at LAX courtesy of my BA Gold Card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.