Lounge facilities in MEX

Old Feb 28, 2013, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci de Pucci, BA Gold, Delta SkyMiles, CX Gold, AMEX Plat, 25 meter swimming badge
Lounge facilities in MEX

I'm returning to LHR on the BA242 tomorrow, which leaves at 9pm local.

Ideally I'd like to eat in a lounge, shower then sleep from wheels up, but I can't find any information regarding which of the two lounges (Admirals Club or Iberia) offer the best facilities in this respect, can the learned brethren share any insights?

Having been underwhelmed by AA lounges in the past I'm erring towards Iberia, but a shower would be the clincher.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 3:47 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

The http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...l#post19996972 thread gives a very basic flavour of what you might expect. The info is about 6 months old now so please do report your own observations if you can.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 4:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Iberia website not showing a shower icon for the Sala VIP in MEX.

http://www.iberia.com/vip-lounges/
Old Feb 28, 2013, 6:55 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by IceInTheCider
Iberia website not showing a shower icon for the Sala VIP in MEX.

http://www.iberia.com/vip-lounges/
IIRC this is the old CO Presidents Club and there are no showers. No showers in AAdmirals Club, either.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 7:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
I don't believe there are showers in it, and I wouldn't rush to the airport for it (it's nicer than the terminal, mind you) but..well, meh. Food wasn't fantastic, but had sandwiches, salads and a few other pieces laid out.

I didn't bother with the AC, but I can't imagine it's much better (if at all).
Old Mar 1, 2013, 12:31 am

The AA lounge is tired and worn with dire food. I would not go there.

The IB lounge is brighter and has a nice bar but the food offering is poor; just nibbles and sandwiches when I was last there.

Do not got out of your way to visit either.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 3:35 am

Programs: BA Silver, SPG Gold, Amex Plat, BA Amex PP
I would suggest you use the American Express Lounge. There is one Landside which is pretty good, and if you have Platinum card there are small private-ish rooms available. There is also a smaller Amex Lounge right by the Gate used by BA in Mexico.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 3:41 am

I would agree that neither lounge is one to plan to spend lots of time in, but they're okay. No showers in either. If having a shower at the airport is very important then I think the only option is to get a room at the Hilton, located in the terminal. Would probably be an expensive solution though.

Try the Iberia lounge first. It's nicer and more modern. However, if it's very busy (as it was when I visited) then try the Admiral's lounge. Yes, it's not as modern - decor is typical American blues, browns and dark wood, but when I visited it was nearly empty so plenty of room to stretch out. It wasn't worn out. The food was okay too. Only snacks, sandwiches, etc, but it was perfectly serviceable. Good Wifi.

They're close to one another, so easy to switch between the two and make up your own mind.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci de Pucci, BA Gold, Delta SkyMiles, CX Gold, AMEX Plat, 25 meter swimming badge
Originally Posted by acbs
I would suggest you use the American Express Lounge. There is one Landside which is pretty good, and if you have Platinum card there are small private-ish rooms available. There is also a smaller Amex Lounge right by the Gate used by BA in Mexico.
Thanks! ^
Old Apr 12, 2013, 5:44 pm

Bit of a bump on this thread. I will be leaving from MEX on Monday. The flight leaves at 21:45 and I'll try to get a late check out from the Hilton Reforma, but will still probably be at the airport early; when does check-in open for the BA flight? Also, any better PP alternatives to the AA or IB lounges (both of which close 45 mins before the flight departs according the BA.com) or is the IB still the best choice?

Edit: I'm in F if that makes any difference. And I have a UK Plat Amex if that makes any difference too.

Last edited by SteveF; Apr 12, 2013 at 5:55 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.