Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Glass Bottomed Planes for Virgin Little Red

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2013, 1:56 am
Original Poster

Should make for an interesting flight especially if you are scared of heights!

http://blog.virgin-atlantic.com/t5/O...lane/ba-p/6096

Good day to announce it
Old Apr 1, 2013, 2:00 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Where would the baggage go!!!!!!!

Old Apr 1, 2013, 2:06 am

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Good to see humour like that... though there will be folk trying to book it!
Old Apr 1, 2013, 2:07 am

This is a long overdue development.

I really enjoyed going to the lower decks on the QM2 where there is a similar glass-sided viewing port - I even saw a two-headed shark:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environmen...ed-shark-video
Old Apr 1, 2013, 2:10 am

PS There does seem to be a slew of people quick to point out an April Fool.

For future reference, the general idea is to play along with the "fool" in order to draw in as many people and make it seem as convincing as possible to those not aware of the date.

"calling it" too early rather spoils it for everyone else.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 2:13 am

Programs: BA, VS, LH, HHonors
On this very day several years ago I read about EasyJet chartering a 747 for that summer to help with capacity on a busy route.

Could have been true
Old Apr 1, 2013, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by oscietra

For future reference, the general idea is to play along with the "fool" in order to draw in as many people and make it seem as convincing as possible to those not aware of the date.

Which thread is this in?CORRECTION : I see you are referring to to the taxing of miles thread. Sorry I hadn't got that far in reading the forum. But what has that April Fool got to do with this thread? It really annoys me when people subvert threads to make their own board politics points.

As to the glass bottomed plane, does it have some sort of a blind system for when people want to sleep?

Last edited by ColdWalker; Apr 1, 2013 at 2:23 am
Old Apr 1, 2013, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by oscietra

Exactly. Just think of it as a bit of a chicken game! I have good information that while SRB was really excited at the idea of his engineers having secretely invented the first glass bottomed birds, he went into a state of fury this morning when he learnt that as part of their effort to regain posh business traffic from 'full service carriers', Easyjet was about to announce her own successful negotiation with Airbus for the first giant order of 500 new convertible planes. They negotiated such amazing discounts that they will be able to launch a new campaign "fly to the sun in a convertible for just £1 more" starting 1 May.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 2:21 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I've been waiting all morning for this
Old Apr 1, 2013, 2:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Think there is something in one of the other forums, posted a few months ago, about Boeing looking at transparent planes in the future so not overly a ridiculous idea even today!
Old Apr 1, 2013, 2:30 am

Programs: MUCCI :D, BA Lifetime Gold, JJC (1980 the Leo Budd years) Hilton Gold
And these aircraft will only operate in the month of April, for one day, and we'd be foolish to think otherwise - afterall who would want to be looking at the luggage hold beneath us?
Old Apr 1, 2013, 2:43 am

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL

There was an old idea for a downstairs lounge on a tristar I think. It had a fixed table in the centre and the table base was connected to a window in the bottom of the plane so you could see straight down.
Not sure if it was ever created but I have seen pics in my aviation design book.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.