Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

bmi credit cards : enhancements from Mar 2013: inc more points and 10% off BA flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2015, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dddc
Bit of a quick fix for a wiki until someone has the time to fill it in, but here's a good place to look for an update on the 7 cards in existence:

http://www.headforpoints.com/2015/03...-rate-changes/
Print Wikipost

bmi credit cards : enhancements from Mar 2013: inc more points and 10% off BA flights

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2013, 10:38 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
FWIW, my April statement, which included some spend on ba.com, showed no bonus miles : got exactly 2x total spend.
Old May 1, 2013, 10:45 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
Are you implying that I have made this up?

I got bonus miles from the Nov/Dec thingy in January after I queried with MBNA marketing. What I have highlighted here are bonus miles that came through after I made a change to a booking at the beginning of April (and the change was done over the phone). Whatever it was has come through automatically on the statement with no manual intervention from anyone.
I don't think anything in my post was even directed at you in the first place unless you have a dupe handle of MsCapricorn.

There is no further bonus promotion that I am aware of, and certainly nothing in respect to BA. I'm personally getting the 2.5 miles per pound we have all be discussing in this thread and nothing more.
Old May 2, 2013, 6:37 am

Another 2/£1 Happy Days. Made better by a £10k spend that was passed through to a Client (would be nicer if there was a proper margin but the contract was open book)
Old May 6, 2013, 8:28 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Same issue here! I last used my old fee-free bmi M/C card back in June/July where as you say they posted near-instantly on the day of the statement. Since hearing about the increase to 2 miles per GBP I've put more spend on the card (seemed better than 1% cashback with Barclaycard formerly egg). My April statement showed the correct number of miles, but these appear to have gone AWOL as happed to you, paulieuk.

I called MBNA and apart from the rep asking me THREE times if I was looking at diamondclub.org (I kept explaining that yes I was and that I could see the previous miles posted from Summer 2012!) I'm hoping for a similar resolution to you - they've certainly put a request in to the backoffice team but that was on Saturday so don't expect to hear anything until the end of the week at the earliest.
Old May 8, 2013, 4:49 am

Programs: BA Gold (Emerald); Hilton Gold; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Radisson Gold
I hope and trust you're soon reunited with your points too EDIflyer. It was quicker than the time they quoted with me in the end.
Old May 8, 2013, 9:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, LH FT, Accor Plat
I just had a text from MBNA saying:

"Your bmi Credit Card ending XXXX: you'll get a letter in the next few days telling you about changes to your product benefits, for example, we've increased the number of destination miles you earn on card purchases"

So looks like it wasn't a glitch!
Old May 8, 2013, 9:31 am

Nope definitely not - when on the phone to them recently (about April points not posting) the rep was keen to stress the increased earnings rate! Long may it continue!!
Old May 8, 2013, 10:12 am

Got a text from MBNA today - saying that I should expect a letter in the next few days confirming increased mileage earnings.

It's now formally official - only question is when will they run out of stock and close the card?
Old May 8, 2013, 11:17 am

Programs: Yes please
Originally Posted by lizban
Got a text from MBNA today - saying that I should expect a letter in the next few days confirming increased mileage earnings.

It's now formally official - only question is when will they run out of stock and close the card?
According to my text that is just an example of 'changes to your product benefits'; can't wait for the rest.

It's a funny old world when bmi-branded products improve a year after the airline popped its clogs.
Old May 8, 2013, 11:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by SouthOxon
According to my text that is just an example of 'changes to your product benefits'; can't wait for the rest.

It's a funny old world when bmi-branded products improve a year after the airline popped its clogs.

Iv also had the text, my guess is that mbna have a large amount of bmi miles that are bought and paid for, now that the card is no longer offered, they don't need miles for new card applications. I'd also guess that a decent wedge of customers have binned the cards or simply stopped using them as this might be a good way of encouraging spend on mbna cards.

I do seem to remember suggesting in another thread some time ago that it might be a good idea to keep the mbna cards going and see what mbna do in the future

cs
Old May 8, 2013, 12:00 pm

I just hope it's a very very big stash of miles that they've got - I'd like this 2 Avios per GBP on Mastercard spending to continue for ages
Old May 8, 2013, 12:38 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Bmi credit card "enhancements" - May 2013

Just got the following text from MBNA:
"Your bmi Credit Card ending 9999: you'll get a letter in the next few days telling you about changes to your product benefits, for example, we've increased the number of destination miles you earn on card purchases."

I had heard about the extra points on here, but I wonder what else?
Old May 8, 2013, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by cornishsimon
Iv also had the text, my guess is that mbna have a large amount of bmi miles that are bought and paid for, now that the card is no longer offered, they don't need miles for new card applications. I'd also guess that a decent wedge of customers have binned the cards or simply stopped using them as this might be a good way of encouraging spend on mbna cards.

I do seem to remember suggesting in another thread some time ago that it might be a good idea to keep the mbna cards going and see what mbna do in the future

cs
Think this is the commonly held view here.

We're just waiting till the party ends and the BA hangover kicks in completely.
Old May 8, 2013, 1:30 pm

Who knows. I think most people here pay off their balence in full each month so hard to see what's helpful. Maybe points on balence transfers?
Old May 8, 2013, 1:34 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Originally Posted by lizban
Who knows. I think most people here pay off their balence in full each month so hard to see what's helpful. Maybe points on balence transfers?
Free BA gold status for all cardholders?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.