Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DFW - CUN using Avios

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2013, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

DFW - CUN using Avios

Can anyone help me? I want to use Avios to fly from DFW - CUN. I just called and they lady I talked to did not find flights on the dates I was inquriing about, but did tell me it's 15K Avios for a RT flight. She said that there are flights that run every day, but maybe AA hadn't released the flights yet.

Can anyone offer any wisdom on this? I would appreciate it as it's much cheaper than the the $600/flight through AA right now! Thanks
Old Mar 15, 2013, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Cnstar33
Can anyone help me? I want to use Avios to fly from DFW - CUN. I just called and they lady I talked to did not find flights on the dates I was inquriing about, but did tell me it's 15K Avios for a RT flight. She said that there are flights that run every day, but maybe AA hadn't released the flights yet.

Can anyone offer any wisdom on this? I would appreciate it as it's much cheaper than the the $600/flight through AA right now! Thanks
Search on ba.com for your dates. You can also check by searching for availability on aa.com and see if there are any milesaaver awards(the lowest availability) available on your dates. If you provide the dates we can also check.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Search on ba.com for your dates. You can also check by searching for availability on aa.com and see if there are any milesaaver awards(the lowest availability) available on your dates. If you provide the dates we can also check.
Yes. I have done that. There are flights for 17.5K, 30K and 35K on AA. When I talked to the lady she had said that there are options EVERY day on BA (which on AA the 17.5K are very limited). I guess that is what I was curious about. Is this too good to be true, or are there really flights every day for 7.5K one way?

I was thinking May, really anytime, but was looking to leave May 7, 8, 9, 10. Thanks!
Old Mar 15, 2013, 1:23 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Yes. I have done that. There are flights for 17.5K, 30K and 35K on AA. When I talked to the lady she had said that there are options EVERY day on BA (which on AA the 17.5K are very limited). I guess that is what I was curious about. Is this too good to be true, or are there really flights every day for 7.5K one way?

I was thinking May, really anytime, but was looking to leave May 7, 8, 9, 10. Thanks!
Try putting in DFW-CUN 6 May and return CUN-DFW 16 May on the BA website under 'spend avios'. Total return trip cost in economy is 15,000 plus $71.34.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob

Some of the flights shown on aa.com include connections and ba.com does not show connecting flights options for partners as you have to redeem for each flight individually. I do see the direct flight option as available on May 6 DFW-CUN AA1963 dep 740a but no direct flight options on other days (You should be able to find this May 6 flight on ba.com). For flights connecting through other cities, you will need to search for each individual flight on ba.com (using the connection info you find on aa.com) and book them individually or call.
You can calculate what each flight will cost by using the chart in this post:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19160489-post2.html
Old Mar 15, 2013, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

THank you all! This helps! Unfortunlatey 10 days of travel will be too much to miss work, but I hadn't thought about the layover option as far as searching for other flights! Also, I think I need to call back for them to clarify, when she said there were daily flight options for 7.5K avios! Thanks again
Old Mar 15, 2013, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Also, this post lead me to believe that 30K AA miles would be available on BA for 15K miles.

http://milevalue.com/a-compete-list-...om-dallas-dfw/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.