Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA lounge access guidelines

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2013, 6:21 am

Programs: Just a lowly Blue ;(
Now all BA need to do is print this out and give it to all the lounges.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 6:25 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

srbrenna - I think it was adrianjc32 who let us know of the changes to mean that the "most significant flight" of an itinerary counts for access.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 8:21 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by mdj1
Now all BA need to do is print this out and give it to all the lounges.
^
And agents.

I paid for an upgrade from WT+ to CW in SEA in Oct and the agent told me I would be able to use the arrivals lounge but NOT the Galleries Club lounge before my connecting ET flight to ZRH. The connection was too tight to bother with the arrivals lounge, but a visit to Galleries would have been nice.

It would have been nice to have this guide back then. Thanks for it now! ^^^
Old Mar 16, 2013, 8:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by continentalclub
Are there any others?
I would hope any F would outweigh 'shortest doesn't count'. If someone was flying JFK-SYD, with the JFK leg in F but LHR-SYD in J, would they only be entitled to GC at LHR?
Old Mar 16, 2013, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks for putting the effort in here Petrus. ^

Post 2 in respect of Silver card holder access to Galleries First may need a bit of tightening up.

Currently it suggests that a passenger holding a Silver card and travelling CW to ORD before connecting to AA F onwards to MSP would be entitled to GF access. However I doubt that this would be the case.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 11:59 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jenbel
I would hope any F would outweigh 'shortest doesn't count'. If someone was flying JFK-SYD, with the JFK leg in F but LHR-SYD in J, would they only be entitled to GC at LHR?
This is where oneworld's rules guide us...

http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access/
Connecting between oneworld marketed and operated flights:

First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul* and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa). (* a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours)
  • Lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.
  • You must be prepared to show your boarding pass or itinerary showing travel in First or Business class on the international long haul flight, in order to access the lounge before your international short haul or domestic flight.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 2:55 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Originally Posted by andset1191
srbrenna - I think it was adrianjc32 who let us know of the changes to mean that the "most significant flight" of an itinerary counts for access.
It was indeed, which motivated this rewrite.

As we approach the question of "will I have lounge access" from a multitude of angles, I've added more meat to the bones in both the access qualified by class of travel and status sections. There are still several vague areas, which for now I've chosen to ignore . My head is approaching the point of implosion
Old Mar 16, 2013, 10:45 pm

Programs: SPG PLAT, AA Plat (2MM), BA, UA/CO
Originally Posted by Prospero
My head is approaching the point of implosion
I'm glad to read that. Not that I am happy about your head, but it makes me feel better about my imminent implosion. I've read this excellent thread, and others, for more time that I care to admit and am still quite unsure about what I can and should do. To me this feels like being in a maze with no way out (or, in this case, no way IN).

I'd really appreciate any help any sages could offer given the following circumstances. I am BAEC Blue and AA Plat (OW Sapphire). We are traveling LAX-LHR on AA in Z (award ticket first) arriving LHR at 1:15pm then LHR-STT at 4:00 pm in U. Which lounges in which terminal at LHR could -- and should -- we use?

Thanks!

xlax

P.S. I don't mean to push my luck, but will be able to use the lounge in STT upon arrival while we are waiting for our friends who are arriving an hour later?
Old Mar 16, 2013, 11:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xlax
I'm glad to read that. Not that I am happy about your head, but it makes me feel better about my imminent implosion. I've read this excellent thread, and others, for more time that I care to admit and am still quite unsure about what I can and should do. To me this feels like being in a maze with no way out (or, in this case, no way IN).

I'd really appreciate any help any sages could offer given the following circumstances. I am BAEC Blue and AA Plat (OW Sapphire). We are traveling LAX-LHR on AA in Z (award ticket first) arriving LHR at 1:15pm then LHR-STT at 4:00 pm in U. Which lounges in which terminal at LHR could -- and should -- we use?

Thanks!

xlax

P.S. I don't mean to push my luck, but will be able to use the lounge in STT upon arrival while we are waiting for our friends who are arriving an hour later?
You qualify for entry into the Galleries First lounge while in transit at LHR because you are flying into LHR in first class on a oneworld carrier. If you are travelling on one ticket, the lounge reception will see that you are connecting from long haul first to short haul business class but its worth holding onto your inbound boarding pass just in case they cannot.

I presume your final destination is Stuttgart (STR) - there is a departure lounge at this airport but I'm not aware of their being an arrivals lounge there.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 11:15 pm

I posted this in the AA forum but realize it may be a better fit here -- if I am flying (paid) AA F from LHR-JFK, can I access the Concorde Room?
Old Mar 16, 2013, 11:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold GGL, Hilton Diamond, FB Grey, Amex MR, Trop Plus Gold
Originally Posted by crimson12
I posted this in the AA forum but realize it may be a better fit here -- if I am flying (paid) AA F from LHR-JFK, can I access the Concorde Room?
No. Concorde Room is only for pax flying on BA in First. Also, it is in Terminal 5, AA depart from Terminal 3, so you would not get airside in T5.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 8:53 am

Programs: # Neodymium #
Could a staffer not get hold of the access rules book the dragons keep at the desks, and just either scan it in, or corroborate the last few areas of uncertainty?
Old Mar 17, 2013, 9:02 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by McCoy
Could a staffer not get hold of the access rules book the dragons keep at the desks, and just either scan it in, or corroborate the last few areas of uncertainty?
It's a pity there isn't an official on-line version of it so those who are wrongly being refused entry can show it to the 'dragon'.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by Royce
No. Concorde Room is only for pax flying on BA in First. Also, it is in Terminal 5, AA depart from Terminal 3, so you would not get airside in T5.
Thanks. In that case could I access the Galleries First lounge at T3?
Old Mar 17, 2013, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
No, that would equate to 2 guests.
I have done that many times without problem, though I have physically "checked-out" first guest with door staff and later checked another in. Just did it last week at CCR with a long layover without problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.