The floodgates have opened! [Reg 261/2004]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2013, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Just a lowly Blue ;(
The floodgates have opened! [Reg 261/2004]

From the mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-3-hours.html

Will be interesting to see what BA do with their refusal to obide by the EU ruling now that a presidence has been set in a UK court.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 8:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Just goes to show how much attention I pay to these things. I thought the floodgates had opened months ago?
Old Jan 30, 2013, 9:37 pm

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by mdj1
From the mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-3-hours.html

Will be interesting to see what BA do with their refusal to obide by the EU ruling now that a presidence has been set in a UK court.
They already have, they paid up for my two backdated claims for 4 hour+ delays, after the recent clarification on the ruling back in Septeberish time, without any hassle whatsoever
Old Jan 30, 2013, 9:49 pm

Programs: BA: Silver,
The money has got to come from somewhere... Stand by for fare (not fair!) increases!

That's the 'claim culture' we're living in.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:41 pm

Now this is going to be interesting, would it be BA's fault if under extreme weather conditions or airport is too congested? happens alot at BA's own hub
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by JALlover
Now this is going to be interesting, would it be BA's fault if under extreme weather conditions or airport is too congested? happens alot at BA's own hub
Or the grounding of a particular type of aircraft by CAA...
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by JALlover
And actually, the perpetual debate of "what is late?"... boarding? doors closed? Push-back? take off? landing? doors open? through immigration????

I think that there is a get-out clause for airlines, when it comes to weather. Might need to confirm that.

But interesting about the 'home' airports. Could lead to BAA squeezing the non-BA flights down the queue in favour of saving BA's timings (and money!)
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by onaswan
And actually, the perpetual debate of "what is late?"... boarding? doors closed? Push-back? take off? landing? doors open? through immigration????

I think that there is a get-out clause for airlines, when it comes to weather. Might need to confirm that.

But interesting about the 'home' airports. Could lead to BAA squeezing the non-BA flights down the queue in favour of saving BA's timings (and money!)
I guess from the time of push back?

Doubt BAA would favour BA just because of this, can sense VS complaining about this straight away if BAA does let BA have the priority
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:24 am

Programs: BA/AA/UA
The floodgates have opened!

Well you had me scared. Thought it was another credit-card mileage deal.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by China Clipper
Well you had me scared. Thought it was another credit-card mileage deal.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:57 am

Programs: IC RA
Originally Posted by onaswan
The money has got to come from somewhere... Stand by for fare (not fair!) increases!

That's the 'claim culture' we're living in.
What you're forgetting is that the Regs are all about passenger rights. Whilst there is obviously a compliance cost on the part of an airline, but the Regs encourage airlines to run on time and treat customers fairly. I think the Regs are very good things and provide necessary passenger protection.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by travelfan199
What you're forgetting is that the Regs are all about passenger rights. Whilst there is obviously a compliance cost on the part of an airline, but the Regs encourage airlines to run on time and treat customers fairly. I think the Regs are very good things and provide necessary passenger protection.
I agree but this is old news, looks like a slow news day at the Daily Mail.

Weather related issues are much more arguable as Extraordinary Circumstances so I wouldn't hold my breath for a payout on a weather based delay.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In the meantime, the fall of the Roman Empire has apparently been confirmed....
Old Jan 31, 2013, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by NickB
In the meantime, the fall of the Roman Empire has apparently been confirmed....
Old Jan 31, 2013, 2:00 am

Programs: ABBA
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
I agree but this is old news, looks like a slow news day at the Daily Mail.

Weather related issues are much more arguable as Extraordinary Circumstances so I wouldn't hold my breath for a payout on a weather based delay.
A light breeze at heathrow grounds the planes, that wouldn't be a compensation situation.

A Hurricane in new York which cancels my LHR-DXB flight due to crew/plane out of position, that would be a compensation issue.

BA (and other eu airlines) get more custom because of eu261, especially the looking after you during a volcano situation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.