Why not tell the truth?

Old Apr 30, 2014, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL
Why not tell the truth?

Currently sat at Duss waiting for the delayed 18.05 departure for LHR.
Signs say this will now leave at 19.20 - presumably due to this mornings fog at Heathrow. A pain, but these things happen.

My gripe is that the LHR-Duss flight has not left yet. So there is no way it can be here before the new departure time. Again, these things happen. But my life, and presumably many others, would be made a lot easier if I knew the real situation and could plan/communicate accordingly.

Not good BA
Old Apr 30, 2014, 10:27 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
It is best to use the BA.com information which is usually quite accurate, rather than airport screens.

According to BA it is scheduled to depart at 20:01.
http://www.britishairways.com/rtad/t...ate=2014-04-30
Old Apr 30, 2014, 10:35 am

Programs: BAEC
I guess that whoever updated the monitor in DUS did so with the last info they received which probably had an ETA into DUS at 1850 or something. The fact that the inbound was delayed further in LHR was never fed through to the right person, or else just ignored. So not lying so much as not having up-to-date info/laziness.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the update nux.
I was looking at the Dep board, BA mobile app and the website. All have recently updated but all showed the return leg departing before the outward arrived!
Shefgab, I agree not exactly lying but hardly being helpful!
Old Apr 30, 2014, 11:11 am

I'm on the same flight, stuck in the lounge. I'm sitting in the corner, against the far wall, near the buffet counter.

I first noticed the delay at 2PM CET and called BA to try and get them to move me to the BA941 since I'm connecting to the BA199 to BOM this evening.

I checked in at the airport at 3PM and tried once again but the answer was no. (I'm on a full fare Y class ticket)

I missed a similar connection from FRA a couple of weeks ago, there too I noticed the delay well in advance and tried to get them to move me, but to no avail.

I'm currently a Gold with a very low CIV (95% of my flying is Y or Y+), I'll cross the 'magic' 5000 Tier points barrier next week, I wonder if that will make a difference in how BA treats these sorts of issues.

To add insult to injury, I was moved from 6C to 22C since the curtain was moved at the last minute.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Bizarre isn't it? We can see a delay so why can't they?

Sadly did not see your reply until joined the queue for boarding. Joined the traditional 5 person queue for General Boarding thus overtaking 20 + in Priority. Two of those in the General queue now sat with me in CW! Is this a new form of inverted snobbery?!
Old Apr 30, 2014, 12:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
DUS was a complete scrum for boarding last week.

I just flew into T1 from CGN and the passport control systems are slow and the e gates down altogether so your other options would have been poor too.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 3:08 pm

Now sitting on the tarmac in a delayed 199.

By the time I reached the gate it had descended into a general scrum, so it didn't really matter which line I used.

A very nice and helpful crew member moved me to row 2 prior to landing so I was able to make it thru with a few minutes to spare before boarding started.

Well, the upside of the delay is that my bag will hopefully make the connection.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 3:34 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by SurreyTig
So there is no way it can be here before the new departure time. Again, these things happen. But my life, and presumably many others, would be made a lot easier if I knew the real situation and could plan/communicate accordingly.
Your title implies someone is lying but the actual situation sounds more like a slow update on the situation.

It should of course be updated in a more timely manner but I doubt there is any deliberate attempt "not to tell the truth".
Old Apr 30, 2014, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Your title implies someone is lying but the actual situation sounds more like a slow update on the situation.

It should of course be updated in a more timely manner but I doubt there is any deliberate attempt "not to tell the truth".
Fair comment.

Maybe a fairer title would have been why can't they see the truth?
Slow update on the departures board is understandable but the BA website said that my flight was leaving before the outward leg departed i.e. It was never going to leave at the time stated by BA! Apparently the Heathrow site had the correct times.

Apparently the flight departure was delayed in part due to weather in Germany. This would be BA specific I guess as LH left on time
Old Apr 30, 2014, 4:16 pm

Programs: Non-Rev Lifetime
Is it possible BA was considering swapping a (FIRAV) LCY-DUS to a DUS-LHR turn?
Old Apr 30, 2014, 4:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by PropWasher
Is it possible BA was considering swapping a (FIRAV) LCY-DUS to a DUS-LHR turn?
Highly unlikely I'd of thought.

BA yes, swappable no.

cs

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.