Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA LGW ticket giveaway

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2013, 7:55 am
Original Poster

BA LGW ticket giveaway

Time for FT'ers to test their skills....

British Airways’ biggest ever ticket giveaway from Gatwick Airport gets underway next week, with hundreds of tickets to dream destinations available to win at London’s Victoria Station.

From January 28, for seven days, a pair of tickets will be up for grabs every 15 minutes from 8am to 8pm, every 15 minutes.

All commuters have to do to be in for a chance to win is test their flight skills on an arcade-style flying game, specially built for the activity.

Those taking part will be able to take the controls of a B777 and ‘fly’ to a different destination each day, with the most accurate flight every 15 minutes winning a pair of tickets to the featured destination.

The activity is in partnership with each destination tourist board, with destinations including Barbados, Saint Kitts, Tobago, Sri Lanka, Marrakech, Saint Lucia and Orlando.

Commuters will be able to find out which destination they can win tickets to each day through advertising in the London Evening Standard and Metro, as well as through Facebook and Twitter, where BA is also offering those who can’t get down to Victoria the opportunity to win a holiday to the destination of the day.

Colm Lacy, BA’s head of commercial for Gatwick, said: “We have hundreds of tickets to be given away to some fantastic destinations, so there’s something for everyone in our biggest ever Gatwick ticket giveaway.

“Flying a plane is a dream to many people. Not only can they try their hand at the latest flight game, we’re also giving them a chance to win a pair of tickets to a choice of dream locations, including on our newest route to Sir Lanka, which launches on April 14.”

Commuters can simply ‘check-in’ at the stand, receive a flight card allowing them to take the controls of a British Airways B777 and then compete against one another to see who has the most accurate flying.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 7:57 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue, IHG Gold
Pilots should give this a go.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 7:59 am

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI des Soins Medicaux, Le médecin personnel à PUCCI GALORE
What class are the tickets

Sounds a fun idea though - and a good PR exercise for London commuters.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 8:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Aw bless - London Airways.

Good luck to the Londoners!
Old Jan 24, 2013, 8:01 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

I wonder if the free tickets include taxes, fees and charges.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 8:03 am

Programs: Just a lowly Blue ;(
Sounds like fun! Might take a trip to the big smoke just to have a go!
Old Jan 24, 2013, 8:39 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Poug?
Old Jan 24, 2013, 8:48 am

Programs: BA gold
Seven posts on, no one asked if the free tickets accrued tier points and miles. I'm shocked.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 8:51 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by Stez
Seven posts on, no one asked if the free tickets accrued tier points and miles. I'm shocked.
Most here will ignore this promo, free seats can only mean one thing - there will be a curtain in front of you
Old Jan 24, 2013, 8:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by olybeast
Pilots should give this a go.
Can one of them please take my turn

Originally Posted by andset1191
I wonder if the free tickets include taxes, fees and charges.
I would like to think so, it's not Ryanair after all

Originally Posted by Stez
My thoughts exactly
Old Jan 24, 2013, 9:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Jenbel

They need the holidays more living in the South East, can't all live in the wonderful North
Old Jan 24, 2013, 9:02 am

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or

How's it going back there on the bitter bus?
Old Jan 24, 2013, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR

Aw gee, c'mon Missis!

It's not a bad local promotion. Hints:
Originally Posted by BApilotinsider
British Airways’ biggest ever ticket giveaway from Gatwick Airport gets underway next week, with hundreds of tickets to dream destinations available to win at London’s Victoria Station.
(My bolding.)

I think there may be something connecting London Victoria and Gatwick Airport ... But it's open to non-commuters too:
Commuters will be able to find out which destination they can win tickets to each day through advertising in the London Evening Standard and Metro, as well as through Facebook and Twitter, where BA is also offering those who can’t get down to Victoria the opportunity to win a holiday to the destination of the day.
(my bolding)

Actually, I'd like to protest too. I'm neither a twitterer nor a facebooker nor do I commute through London Victoria. I could probably make it to High Barnet Underground station, and if the booth isn't there, I'll demand compo.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 2:05 pm

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Originally Posted by antichef
Most here will ignore this promo, free seats can only mean one thing - there will be a curtain in front of you
I regularly get these free ticket promotions in my email inbox from airlines or travel agents, and invariably the tickets are economy. At that point I'm thinking "Do I really want to sit there for 10 hours, even if it is free?" and the answer is usually a resounding No.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 2:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: Mucci, BAEC (Silver), FlyBe
All commuters have to do to be in for a chance to win is test their flight skills on an arcade-style flying game, specially built for the activity.
I can't work out whether that means something along the lines of MS Flight Simulator, or 80s classic Afterburner. Probably the former: I can't see BA wanting to promote shooting at other aircraft!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.