Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

seats changed [e-mails advising you've been evicted from your row 64 seat]

Old Jan 21, 2013, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: EXEC CLUB

hy,
i've just received this e-mail from Ba customer service:

Dear Sir,
you seats are changed.

For operational reasons we had to change the seats of your booking

We did our best to guarantee you that new seats are like the old ones

thank in advance

BA customer service

anyone can tell me what operational reasons mean?

"like the old ones".... i had 64A 64B; Now we are in the main deck........
Old Jan 21, 2013, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by hydargos
hy,

Dear Sir,
you seats are changed.

thank in advance

BA customer service

When is the flight?
Old Jan 21, 2013, 7:11 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Aircraft change perhaps?
Old Jan 21, 2013, 7:11 am

Programs: BA Exec Silver
oh i had the same email this morning - i had 3 paid for seats on UD going out to JFK on 24/4 on BA173

64B, J and K and for some reason 64B was was moved to 63 J. JK appear to be ok for now. I have now moved friend to 63K as he'd prob like the window seat better.

would this be a GCH wanting row 64? - after the move the current seat map now showing 64AB as empty
Old Jan 21, 2013, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
When is the flight?
august 2013 lhr-cpt
same plane
Old Jan 21, 2013, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Travelnut1974
oh i had the same email this morning - i had 3 paid for seats on UD going out to JFK on 24/4 on BA173

64B, J and K and for some reason 64B was was moved to 63 J. JK appear to be ok for now. I have now moved friend to 63K as he'd prob like the window seat better.

would this be a GCH wanting row 64? - after the move the current seat map now showing 64AB as empty
same in my case; 64 AB empty but i can't take them
Old Jan 21, 2013, 7:22 am

Programs: BA Gold
I've just had the same email. Different flight

Flying LHR>BKK and return in April. Flights booked WT+ with Avios upgrade last July. Seat request made at the time via Finnair website.

Outbound seat remains 64A (for now) but return has been changed from 64A to 63A.

The email says for operational reasons.

Called BAEC and they say there are no notes on the file, but it must have been a mistake that I was able to request 64A in the first place, because it is a bassinet seat and should never be available until 24 hours before departure.

Anyone care to comment? Is 63A ok? Is it worth a fuss????

(64A is now showing as available, BAEC confirmed no one else is in it, but I can't request it apparently!)
Old Jan 21, 2013, 7:23 am

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by hydargos
hy,

Dear Sir,
you seats are changed.

thank in advance

BA customer service

Same thing happened to me today.

I had 64 J/K reserved for 2 different flights and I was removed from them too.

I rang BA and they are trotting a line that those seats should never have been selectable, which of course is bull because I've done it before.

Not very happy with this. One leg would be bad enough but to be removed for 2 legs is unacceptable.

On a side note which is better in row 63, leg room wise? I've heard 63J is but not sure.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 7:26 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
This is strange... something has clearly happened today.

Received same mail - flight for my brother (Blue) LHR-CPT who I booked 64K for, paid the reservation fee.

Email has come to say that seats have changed, but following the link and he's still in 64K
Old Jan 21, 2013, 7:38 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by whiskerxx
it must have been a mistake that I was able to request 64A in the first place, because it is a bassinet seat and should never be available until 24 hours before departure.
Haven't got time to search now but pretty sure there was a thread running where it was confirmed 64A was no longer designated as a bassinet seat. Some days it seems pax get fobbed off on the basis only a tiny proportion follow up the info given and the most difficult ones will just fly with someone else in future
Old Jan 21, 2013, 7:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
I thought UD paid for seats were restricted to certain seats only and 64A, 64B, 64J and 64K were not among them. These are for GCHs and SCHs only.

It may be that during the recent changes to BA.com the block on the sale of these seats was removed inadvertently and BA are now moving people into UD seats that should have been for sale where possible.

On 64A being a bassinet, it certainly used to show as such, but not anymore. It still has a bassinet, but can be selected by a GCH in which case an infant will not displace the GCH.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 7:42 am

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by FrancisA
I thought UD paid for seats were restricted to certain seats only and 64A, 64B, 64J and 64K were not among them. These are for GCHs and SCHs only.

It may be that during the recent changes to BA.com the block on the sale of these seats was removed inadvertently and BA are now moving people into UD seats that should have been for sale where possible.

On 64A being a bassinet, it certainly used to show as such, but not anymore. It still has a bassinet, but can be selected by a GCH in which case an infant will not displace the GCH.
I flew last May and was able to pay for 64A/B, so it's not a recent thing. Usually only row's 63 and 64 are available to pay selection for non silver/GCH.

This is either a mistake or a new change to remove these seats from available selection for payment.

It's quite annoying if so, as I have no problem with the policy change itself, but they should just honour existing reservations.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 8:01 am
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
This area seems to have become very alive.

See also

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-shifters.html

It seems to be the lack of explanation of the change that is at least part of the issue.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 8:20 am

Programs: BA Exec Silver
Originally Posted by Travelnut1974

Just gets better today - now i have received email moving me from 64 JK to 64 AB - B being the seat my friend was moved from this morning!!!! - im sorry but who is playing funny beggars here?? - now my friend is over in 63K - attempting to call exec club to find out whats going on - i wont accept the seats shouldn't be bookable as theyve been on sale to non status pax for the last two years.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 8:26 am

Programs: Just a lowly Blue ;(
Interesting, So if you've been moved you will be entitled to a full refund as you haven't been given the seat of your choice.

Doesn't matter what T&C's BA have, if you have paid to "select" a seat and you didn't get that selection you are entitled to a refund.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.