Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Seating Policy Guide

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2015, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by Ausscot
Should I be worried for the outbound?
Only if you all expect to be seated together in a single row. If you are happy with 2 pairs or a 3+1, then no.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 2:34 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by SteveF
Only if you all expect to be seated together in a single row. If you are happy with 2 pairs or a 3+1, then no.
Just went through check in. My 7 yo didn't have a seat and the rest of us were spread around the cabin. After 15 minutes my son and wife are together but daughter is seated in the middle as am i three rows back. Suggested we ask on the plane if someone will swap
Old Jun 10, 2015, 10:27 am

Programs: IC Amb :-(, UA silver, BA Gold, SPG Plat, A-Club Plat, Marriott Plat
Upper deck and time of reservation versus time of flight

Could do with some help....

Booked an upcoming 747 leg in CW when I was a Silver, Selected the rear-facing exit row seat on the upper deck and was very happy. ^

My status has now dropped, and when I board the plane I will be bronze. I was reviewing seat assignments for some other upcoming trips in F when I noticed that my seat for this flight had changed (without notice or confirmation from BA) to 10K

Is there ANY way to get back into the UD? .... I picked this aircraft instead of flying F on a 777 specifically to experience the UD experience, and I will be a bronze when flying and silver again by the end of the journey!

Can I 'appeal' to BA, or are there any other strategies for getting onto the UD... preferably in that seat?

I feel like BA have pulled a fast one slightly I must say. The policy is not actually 'at time of booking' at all... its actually 'you must have status at time of booking, every single day between when you book and the date of the flight AND at the time of the flight.'

Old Jun 10, 2015, 10:34 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
BA Seating Policy Guide

You say you were in an exit row seat - which one? Some seats are kept back for status holders and if you drop status you get booted - and that's that as far as BA are concerned.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 10:52 am

Programs: IC Amb :-(, UA silver, BA Gold, SPG Plat, A-Club Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by paul4040
You say you were in an exit row seat - which one? Some seats are kept back for status holders and if you drop status you get booted - and that's that as far as BA are concerned.
Was in 62k now in 10k ... which is not on a 747 at all when I look ...so it looks like what has actually happened is an equipment change.

Off to another thread to work out whether there is any chance of getting back onto a 747.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 5:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I tried to retire a couple of years ago and dropped down to Silver last year. However the lure of one last project has me back up to Gold again.

What I have noticed is that on domestics, Rows 1 - 6 seem to be blocked for Golds. They haven't been available all the while I was Sliver, but a quick change of status and they're back again.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 6:25 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes, the front few rows are held back for golds on domestics. Do they get released to all at OLCI?
Old Jul 1, 2015, 12:32 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes, the front few rows are held back for golds on domestics. Do they get released to all at OLCI?
Actually it is T-72, unfortunately, to those entitled to free seat reservations, and to all but HBO at OLCI.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Color me naive, but I find it bizarre that British Airways wants to charge me $33 each way to select seats on Business Class between LHR and CDG.

Granted, it's a short flight and seating desirability isn't likely to vary much in business, but still. Cheese-o-rama.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 2:10 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
i had a peculiar experience yesterday.

LHR-JFK. i am Gold and had an exit row WT seat.

i go OLCI and see i have been removed from my exit row and placed further back.

annoyed, i still check in. next day en route to LHR i see i have been put in a middle WT+ seat which to me is MORE annoying than a regular WT aisle seat.

i go to fast track and my mobile pass beeps red...go all the way to first check in and see i have been moved to an aisle WT+ seat (phew!).

but in the span of 24 hours i was moved among 3 different seats.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 4:22 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MaxBuck
Color me naive, but I find it bizarre that British Airways wants to charge me $33 each way to select seats on Business Class between LHR and CDG.

Granted, it's a short flight and seating desirability isn't likely to vary much in business, but still. Cheese-o-rama.
You don't have to pay, and frankly there isn't much point for CE. If you are a oneworld ruby you can select a seat for free at 7 day before, and oneworld sapphire and emerald can select at any time. If you don't have any status you can select for free at OLCI.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 8:19 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
[QUOTE=KARFA;25078984 and oneworld sapphire and emerald can select at any time.[/QUOTE]

Unless the BA website malfunctions. Last year, when I was OW Emerald through USAirways and had my USAirways number in reservations for 3 different trips on BA bought directly on the BA website, the system did not allow me to choose my seat for free. So, I just waited for OLCI because I did not realize that I could have called in.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 8:27 am

I've tried searching but can't seem to find a definitive answer to this.

I've currently paid for seats 63A/B on the UD BA177 to JFK on the 9th July. All the other seats opened up for selection at T-72 EXCEPT for 64J/K, which shows as available on EF. Will these ever be opened up to me as a blue? I can select 64A but want two seats together.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 10:47 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist
I am confused by the seating policy- I am BA Bronze on a TP run. BA are telling me its £28 one way each to select J seats on LHR-BGO.

According to the tables at the start BGO is a band one and therefore it should be £20 one way. Have the rates changed post devaluation?
Old Aug 30, 2015, 4:48 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Housekeeping notice

The Guide has now been updated - seating tariffs and bands now align with the latest info published by BA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.