BA Lounge Database | North America

Old Mar 13, 2014, 4:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by HilFly
I believe that the BA lounge is only available at certain times of day. I think it was Korean Air or sombody who was using it once when I was there. When it is open for departing BA flights, it gets very crowded and they often turn away AA passengers for capacity reasons.

The Admiral's Club in the D terminal is quite nice as AA lounges go. Well drinks are free; bottled water, bottled juices and soda pop, and premium alcohols need free drinks vouchers issued at the front desk to BAEC members. They usually have stuff like apples, cookies and snacks lying around but they may not all be in one place.

Of course, you can always try the BA lounge if it is open - you may be lucky.

I always allow extra time at DFW to ride a couple of circuits on the Skytrain - fabulous views of this vast airport.

There are also plenty of BBQ, TexMex, and other eateries - if you're into margeritas you might never make it to a lounge!

Thanks for your help

cs
Old Mar 13, 2014, 4:40 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Try the Executive Club lounge by all means but be prepared if you’re asked to visit the Admirals Club instead. This lounge is “by the book” a contract lounge so access is often restricted to BA First, CW passengers and oneworld Sapphire/Emerald card holders departing DFW on BA’s service to London
Old Mar 28, 2014, 12:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Geek platinum
I was in AUS last night flying home in the 191. When I used to fly through DFW and hence connected on a AA flight I got drink chips, last night, however the friendly lounge lady didn't give me chips but instead told me to just flash my BA boarding card and I would get what I wanted. So this might be a change of policy based on the presence of a direct BA flight. So there might be ground for changing the AUS admirals club information if a few more can corroborate this as policy and not just a one off.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
IAD. Just an observation, looking at the future. The Lounge there is usually almost to capacity with pax waiting for the BA216 (Lounge open 1530, departure 1845-ish). When, in September this year, that switches from a 777 to a 388 with almost double the number of CW seats (forget F ) it simply isn't going to cope.

I wonder if BA have any expansions plans? And how and where could they do that?
Old Mar 28, 2014, 3:52 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by T8191
IAD. Just an observation, looking at the future. The Lounge there is usually almost to capacity with pax waiting for the BA216 (Lounge open 1530, departure 1845-ish). When, in September this year, that switches from a 777 to a 388 with almost double the number of CW seats (forget F ) it simply isn't going to cope.

I wonder if BA have any expansions plans? And how and where could they do that?
They could use the space that was once occupied by the IAD Admirals Club. It is adjacent to the BA lounge complex.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 14940674
They could use the space that was once occupied by the IAD Admirals Club. It is adjacent to the BA lounge complex.
Ahh, the one next door? I didn't realise it had closed, and have never used it. Yes, knock through the dividing wall and "job jobbed". I wonder if they will?
Old Mar 29, 2014, 9:02 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by T8191
Ahh, the one next door? I didn't realise it had closed, and have never used it. Yes, knock through the dividing wall and "job jobbed". I wonder if they will?
That lounge was rather small, although it might be suitable to turn that into a First Lounge with it's own entrance. It's probably just a little bigger than the current 'First' lounge.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 1:18 pm

Programs: BAEC
IAD F Meals

A slightly different question. I will be travelling on 216 in April in F. I was hoping we could get a meal at the lounge before boarding as we will be travelling most of the day without being able to stop for long.
Do they serve meals?- any information on available selections would be helpful.
Thanks.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Charleston Tom
A slightly different question. I will be travelling on 216 in April in F. I was hoping we could get a meal at the lounge before boarding as we will be travelling most of the day without being able to stop for long.
Do they serve meals?- any information on available selections would be helpful.
Thanks.
Hi, Charleston Tom. The basic answers are here ... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...l#post19996975

Never used pre-flight dining, as CW pax, but we get soup and decent sandwiches and wraps. I have glanced at the dining menu from curiosity, and it seems OK. Pasta of some persuasion and a couple of other entrees, IIRC. The F menu may be bigger and better, of course. I'm 98% certain we are all eligible for pre-flight dining on the 216.

Check-in opens at 1515, Lounge opens at 1530.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 6:55 am

Programs: BAEC
IAD Dining

Thank you very much, Tom
Old Mar 30, 2014, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
IAD has Pre-Flight Supper for CW pax and Pre-Flight Dining for F pax, for flights departing after 18:00.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 8:30 pm

Philadelphia question

Son will be inbound on BA67 in F in October (arrives at 16:15) and he has a 5 hour layover before boarding a domestic USAir flight. Would he be able to use the British Airways First lounge while waiting and perhaps get something to eat?

His domestic USAir flight does not offer F.

Assume he has to clear customs but then could he get back into the BA First Lounge to grab dinner before his 21:00 USAir flight?

Apologize if this is already covered elsewhere. Thank you in advance.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 10:36 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Cavman1
Assume he has to clear customs but then could he get back into the BA First Lounge to grab dinner before his 21:00 USAir flight?
He could have access to the PHL BA lounge, provided it is open - so I think it closes around 21:45 at the moment. However he would also have access to the three US Clubs under oneworld rules, and given the layout of PHL this may be more convenient. Ditto for the Admirals Club by A6. I'd also hope he wouldn't be hungry by that stage!
Old Apr 17, 2014, 2:19 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Genius1
IAD has Pre-Flight Supper for CW pax and Pre-Flight Dining for F pax, for flights departing after 18:00.
Pre-flight dining for F Pax - does this mean for those flying First only or anyone with a gold card / OWE?
Old Apr 17, 2014, 2:31 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by xenole
Pre-flight dining for F Pax - does this mean for those flying First only or anyone with a gold card / OWE?
First only, and ditto for the CW Sleeper food too. A Gold cardholder travelling in WTP or WT would be expected to make do with the more spartan buffet (sandwiches, cheese and crisps). Some outstations let it slide if it's busy and they don't have the staff to enforce it, JFK T7 springs to mind. Also some very small out-stations may slip you a dining invite card...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.