Search

Transiting terminal 5A to 5B/C

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2013, 9:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Transiting terminal 5A to 5B/C

Hello,

My family are flying today from MAN to JED, transiting in LHR.

As I understand it, the MAN flight will arrive at terminal 5A, but the JED flight is likely to depart from 5B or 5C. I'm assuming also that as they arrive on a UK domestic flight they won't need to clear security etc and will be able to walk straight into the main departure hall. Should they then go straight to terminal 5B/C once they've seen their gate number on the screens? Will there be any security to clear in the transit with the transfer to one of the satellite buildings, as you would when changing to terminals 1/3/4 from 5?

They are also Silver card holders and were intending to use a BA lounge, do these exist in 5B/C?

Thanks!
Old Dec 31, 2013, 11:08 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
No security.

You might find the official link comforting

http://www.heathrowairport.com/heath...-international

Lounges in A & B terminals, Starbucks voucher for C.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 11:18 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
You wont have any security when transferring from T5A to B&C terminals. You will have a GC lounge in T5B, however you wont have any lounge in T5C.

I actually prefer the T5B GC since its very quiet compare to the GC in T5A. However if your JED flight is in T5C, time your travel to the gate carefully since there is no lounge. I usually give myself 10 minutes before boarding commences to travel from T5A to T5C.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 11:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Awesome, thanks for the replies.

If the T5B lounge is quieter, will they be able to simply stay in that lounge and if the flight ends up departing from 5C go straight there from 5B? Or is the only link to 5C from 5A?

IIRC we are usually advised to leave the lounge when the screens show the flight as boarding, so leaving an additional 10 minutes earlier if the flight is from 5C sounds about right!
Old Dec 31, 2013, 11:58 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
The link is shuttle connects T5 Main - T5B - T5C.

The forum below might shed more light on your question in terms of how to transfer between T5B and T5C

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...a-t5b-t5c.html
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by Odai
Awesome, thanks for the replies.

If the T5B lounge is quieter, will they be able to simply stay in that lounge and if the flight ends up departing from 5C go straight there from 5B? Or is the only link to 5C from 5A?

IIRC we are usually advised to leave the lounge when the screens show the flight as boarding, so leaving an additional 10 minutes earlier if the flight is from 5C sounds about right!
You can get the train from T5B to T5C and that timing sounds fine.

No requirement to reclear security as long as they do not go into the baggage hall (which is an easy mistake to make IMO) and do not stay on the shuttle too long at T5C after it arrives.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.