Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Lloyds TSB Duo and Premier Duo Avios credit cards | 2013 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2013, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Current sign up promotions:

New Duo Avios American Express cardholders: 18,000 Avios voucher
Successfully apply for the account by 3 April 2013, then spend £500 a month for the first three months on your card. The 18,000 Avios will show on the customer's Avios account as a voucher within 30 days of the qualifying spend being achieved and will not form part of the Avios balance. Voucher redemption must include a minimum of one night's hotel stay
New Premier Duo Avios American Express cardholders: 30,000 Avios voucher
Successfully apply for the account by 3 April 2013, then spend £500 a month for the first three months on your card. The 30,000 Avios will show on the customer's Avios account as a voucher within 30 days of the qualifying spend being achieved and will not form part of the Avios balance
Print Wikipost

Lloyds TSB Duo and Premier Duo Avios credit cards | 2013 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2013, 11:26 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Arrow Lloyds TSB Duo and Premier Duo Avios credit cards | 2013 master thread

This thread is for questions related to the Lloyds TSB Duo and Premier Duo cards that are available to Avios members domiciled in the UK.

Premier Duo American Express and Mastercard

• £50 annual fee
  • Welcome bonus: sporadic, see Wiki post above
  • American Express cardholders earn 1.25 Avios for every £1 spent on eligible purchases
  • Mastercard cardholders earn 1.25 Avios for every £5 spent on eligible purchases
  • Cardholders earn double Avios on eligible spend abroad
  • 1,500 bonus Avios on each whole £1,000 balance transfer from a single provider. Transfers from other Lloyds TSB products are not eligible for this bonus.
  • Companion vouchers earned each year upon reaching a cumulative spend of £15,000 and are valid on British Airways flights only when used in conjunction with economy class bookings purchased via the Avios programme, subject to the usual airline taxes, fees and charges

Premier Duo Mastercard

• No annual fee
  • Welcome bonus: sporadic, see Wiki post above
  • American Express cardholders earn 1 Avios for every £1 spent on eligible purchases
  • Mastercard cardholders earn 1 Avios for every £5 spent on eligible purchases
  • Cardholders earn double Avios on eligible spend abroad
  • 1,500 bonus Avios on each whole £1,000 balance transfer from a single provider. Transfers from other Lloyds TSB products are not eligible for this bonus.
  • No companion voucher

Promotions
Lloyds TSB runs promotions in concert with Avios and Avios partners from time to time. Please refer to the Wikipost above for current offers.

A few ground rules
The previous Lloyds TSB/Avios thread developed into a tremendously active and fast moving thread which presented significant hurdles to those not able to tune in on a daily basis or were offline due to any travel commitments they had. For the greater good, and health of this mutual resource, please only post in this thread if you have a new promotion to share or are seeking assistance or are able to assist with queries raised by others. Posting of daily spending habits while interesting i'm sure also clogs the arteries and is better shared on Facebook or via PM.

Last edited by Prospero; Jan 3, 2013 at 1:30 pm
Old Jan 3, 2013, 1:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, CC Gold, SPG Gold
Anyone know what the procedure is for chargebacks with lloyds?
Old Jan 3, 2013, 1:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Here's an FAQ I wrote a while back, some of it relates to the 10x offer, however much of the info is still relevant.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...s-com-faq.html

Last edited by PanGalactic; Jan 3, 2013 at 1:54 pm
Old Jan 5, 2013, 5:57 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Before I cancel this card, is there any risk that Lloyds will issue an "existing customer loyalty promo"? I know the majority of people signed up to take advantage of the 10x promo at the start of last year, so most people will be looking at cancelling now. I just wondered what people's thoughts were on Lloyds doing something to "reward" those who stuck with the card; perhaps around Easter?

I know almost all promos are geared towards new members, but in just concerned that with all these cancelled cards, Lloyds might just do something purely for existing members?

Then again, they probably don't care enough to even notice, right?
Old Jan 5, 2013, 6:07 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Then again, they probably don't care enough to even notice, right?
Not even capable of noticing more like. My Lloyds card is going to be cancelled later today.

Hubby's will be cancelled at the earlier of the Ombudsman ruling on his missing 10x bonus miles and the card anniversary.

I can't wait to get shot of them both. Lloyds' (so called) customer service is quite possibly the worst I have ever encountered.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 4:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Well, the direct debits to pay off our £5001 bank loans just got taken.

PanGalactic
9,000 Avios
£5.52 total cost of interest on loan

Mrs P
9,000 Avios
£5.25 total cost of interest loan

18,000 Avios for £10.77

£0.00059 per Avios

PanGalactic (and BA) 1 - Lloyds 0

A particularly satisfying result earning money for my beloved BA and sticking it to Lloyds at the same time

Last edited by PanGalactic; Jan 6, 2013 at 4:23 pm
Old Jan 6, 2013, 5:45 pm
Suspended

Just noticed Lloyds are offering 9 months balance transfers at 0% interest for a 3% fee.

You also get 1,500 Avios per whole £1000 transferred.

Not the best Avios earning opportunity ever at 2p per Avio, but might be useful to someone who was looking for a BT anyway especially at it's just after christmas.

It appeared as a banner ad which disappeared when I clicked to another page but managed to dig up the links from my cache.

(You must be logged in to view these links obviously)

Info:
https://secure2.lloydstsb.co.uk/pers...sfer_existing/

Application form:
https://secure2.lloydstsb.co.uk/pers...terdetails.jsp

Originally Posted by Lloyds
In today’s financial climate we’re all looking for ways to manage our money better and our balance transfer offer could help you take the pressure off your finances.

You can transfer balances of £100 or more from your non-Lloyds TSB credit or store cards to your Lloyds TSB credit card quickly and simply online. We may charge a fee on each balance transfer you make.

You can transfer any number of balances up to your credit limit, as long as the total amount of all your existing and new balances (not including fees) is not more than 95% of your total credit limit to allow for fees and interest.

And, if you’re a Duo Avios or Premier Duo Avios Credit Card Account holder, you’ll receive 1500 Avios for every £1,000 you transfer.*

What you repay and when

After the promotional period has ended, any remaining transferred balance will be charged at your standard annual purchase rate.

Any payments you make will be used to pay off amounts on which we charge interest at the highest rate, then the next highest rate, and so on down to the lowest rate of interest.

*Bonus Avios are only awarded on whole multiples of £1,000s (£1,000, £2,000, £3,000 etc.) transferred from a single provider. For example, bonus Avios would not be awarded on a balance transfer of £900 or if the transfer is split between more than one credit or store card.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:35 am

Lloyds duo avios welcome bonus - use with BA Amex companion voucher?

Sorry, if this had been done repeatedly before- have searched but can't find the answer.

I do all my Avios collection via the BA site (BA Amex, Eshopping etc) and don't have a standalone Avios account. I'm trying to find ways to boost my balance so I can book my honeymoon

Have previously had a Gold Amex and currently have a Platinum, so those bonuses are exhausted

I see that if you sign up for the premier Lloyds Avios Duo you get a 30,000 bonus provided you meet the minimum spends, but this seems to be in the form of a voucher that is added to your Avios account and you then spend the voucher when you redeem. Does this mean it's useless if I need to redeem via BA in order to use my companion voucher?

Sorry if this is a really stupid question, but I'm very
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:44 am

Lloyds duo avios welcome bonus - use with BA Amex companion voucher?

Yes as far as I know it cannot be transferred to ba. When I had my voucher they also required it to be redeemed when booked with a hotel through their site with cash.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by londonrose
Sorry, if this had been done repeatedly before- have searched but can't find the answer.

I do all my Avios collection via the BA site (BA Amex, Eshopping etc) and don't have a standalone Avios account. I'm trying to find ways to boost my balance so I can book my honeymoon

Have previously had a Gold Amex and currently have a Platinum, so those bonuses are exhausted

I see that if you sign up for the premier Lloyds Avios Duo you get a 30,000 bonus provided you meet the minimum spends, but this seems to be in the form of a voucher that is added to your Avios account and you then spend the voucher when you redeem. Does this mean it's useless if I need to redeem via BA in order to use my companion voucher?

Sorry if this is a really stupid question, but I'm very
Hi Londonrose,

Does your other half have any of those cards?

You can build up some miles quickly if you refer them to the BA Amex and/or Amex Gold/Platinum cards.

They get 25,000 for the BA Premium, you get 9,000 for referring
They get 20,000/50,000 for the Amex Gold/Plat, you get 12,000/25,000 for referring

It doesn't matter if they are a supplementary card holder on your cards at the moment, they would still be eligible for the bonuses.

Make sure you read the "important information" on the Amex site to ensure eligibility.

Hope this helps!

Good luck with your honeymoon!

P.S I wouldn't bother with the Lloyds cards right now, hold out for a better offer!
Old Jan 10, 2013, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by PanGalactic
Hi Londonrose,

Does your other half have any of those cards?

You can build up some miles quickly if you refer them to the BA Amex and/or Amex Gold/Platinum cards.

They get 25,000 for the BA Premium, you get 9,000 for referring
They get 20,000/50,000 for the Amex Gold/Plat, you get 12,000/25,000 for referring

It doesn't matter if they are a supplementary card holder on your cards at the moment, they would still be eligible for the bonuses.

Make sure you read the "important information" on the Amex site to ensure eligibility.

Hope this helps!

Good luck with your honeymoon!

P.S I wouldn't bother with the Lloyds cards right now, hold out for a better offer!
Thank you. The plan was to refer him which would have given us the Avios we needed, but he had his identity stolen before Xmas and it is taking forever to sort out and get all the fraudulent credit off his credit history, so sadly will have to wait until that is sorted before it is an option v bad timing!
Old Jan 11, 2013, 6:57 am

Well, the direct debits to pay off our £5001 bank loans just got taken.

PanGalactic
9,000 Avios
£5.52 total cost of interest on loan

Mrs P
9,000 Avios
£5.25 total cost of interest loan

18,000 Avios for £10.77

£0.00059 per Avios

PanGalactic (and BA) 1 - Lloyds 0

A particularly satisfying result earning money for my beloved BA and sticking it to Lloyds at the same time

How exactly did this work?!?
Old Jan 11, 2013, 6:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Richyo
How exactly did this work?!?
Like this:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...l#post19642961

Old Jan 11, 2013, 7:07 am

Genius

If you had taken the loan over say 5 years which would of reduced the monthly payment, could you of paid eeeeven less interest? i.e. pay off £4900+ straight away?
Old Jan 11, 2013, 7:08 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Richyo
Genius
Glad you approve! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.