Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stress reducing general rant thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2016, 8:06 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by golfmad
Are you sure?
Yes!
Old Jan 25, 2016, 8:07 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by headingwest
Yes!
Ok. I was just teasing you
Old Jan 25, 2016, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
He, an old geezer who smelled of his drink (of which he imbibed a LOT of), kept hitting on the girl even when she put in ear phones (then ear plugs), put on eye shades, and curled up in her blanket.
Not me, before you start. Where's YYZ?
Old Jan 25, 2016, 8:29 am
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
Originally Posted by T8191
Not me, before you start. Where's YYZ?
Old you may be, but geezer you are not Loved your trip reports to all the sunny destinations! I came across something similar to what you encountered here:

with these on domestic flights:

Old Jan 25, 2016, 8:32 am
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
double post
Old Jan 25, 2016, 11:02 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by headingwest
If somebody has decided to slowly kill themselves by smoking, I don't have a problem with that, but please don't come and sit near me on an airplane. I just flew SIN-LHR an A380 with a couple of obviously heavy smokers. 14 hours of coughing, spluttering, and other piggish sounds certainly tried my patience (and probably the rest of the cabin too). Absolutely no chance of getting any sleep whatsoever.
I'm sitting in class right now and the person behind me obviously smoked before she came to class. Either that or she rolled around in an ashtray. It smells horrible
Old Jan 25, 2016, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Curiously, while talking to a fellow Ft-er in HNL at the mini-Do earlier this month, he expressed surprise that I was a 20/day smoker as he couldn't smell anything offensive about me.

Fragrant Uncle T
Old Jan 27, 2016, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Deleted

Last edited by Calchas; Jan 28, 2016 at 2:14 am
Old Jan 31, 2016, 5:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Please listen carefully, our options have recently changed...

Oh? When?

It would be nice to be able to press the buttons you know you need without having to listen to the spiel, but exactly when did the options recently change?

Yes I realise the purpose is to pad out the waiting time with something that appears to be neccessary, but it can often add more to frustration levels!

And as an aside, who says privicy versus privacy?
Old Feb 9, 2016, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Never ever think you can easily overnight in the QR lounge in DOH. What a stupid idea that was.

I am knackered....
Old Feb 10, 2016, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

[rant] Assorted airline websites who put information in very small/grey fonts, so that when you print your itinerary/e-ticket/receipt it's almost invisible/illegible.

Yes, YOU >>> BA, AA, EI [/rant]
Old Feb 10, 2016, 4:53 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by henkybaby
Never ever think you can easily overnight in the QR lounge in DOH. What a stupid idea that was.

I am knackered....
Why's that henkybaby?, go on...explain? (you know you want to let off steam!)
Old Feb 10, 2016, 4:57 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)

I am knackered....
Al Mourjan have removed the sofas from their lounge to prevent people making the place look untidy being sprawled out asleep.

Al Safwa is perfectly acceptable to overnight if you can get one of their sleeper cabins.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 5:23 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher

I am knackered....
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Al Mourjan have removed the sofas from their lounge to prevent people making the place look untidy being sprawled out asleep.

Al Safwa is perfectly acceptable to overnight if you can get one of their sleeper cabins.
If only there was a Forum about Qatar Airways...

Or, even if a helpful FTer, who you know, had helpfully relayed to members that the sofas had been removed from the Al Mourjan Lounge...in December.

Oh, wait a second, I did precisely that...http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25827206-post1973.html

Last edited by msm2000uk; Feb 10, 2016 at 5:30 am
Old Feb 10, 2016, 5:36 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
If only there was a Forum about Qatar Airways...

Or, even if a helpful FTer, who you know, had helpfully relayed to members that the sofas had been removed from the Al Mourjan Lounge...in December.

Oh, wait a second, I did precisely that...http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25827206-post1973.html
I think some are oblivious to anything else on FT apart from the BAEC board, or think because they post on the BAEC board a lot they should post everything on the BAEC board even when a) it has nothing to do with BAEC, and b) there are more appropriate places to post it.

Fortunately, as this post is a rant it is in exactly the right thread!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.