Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stress reducing general rant thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2013, 2:19 pm

TV programmers putting a David Attenborough series about The Galapagos on when I "should" be preparing for a meeting tomorrow.

Now, for the first time in my life, I am going to have to say I'm not quite ready because I was distracted by boobies.

Old Jan 14, 2013, 6:34 am

Programs: BA Gold
[RANT]

Buying a house

Dear god various parties drag things out to extract their pound of flesh don't they? Have always rented previously, where everything is very quick - this is driving me up the wall.

[/RANT]
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
[RANT]Buying home insurance. I've spent the last hour at it and am no nearer to buying anything. This may be because I put everything through the meerkat site and then out of idle curiosity opened a different browser and went directly to the insurer that the meerkats suggested. £98 cheaper.[/RANT]
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:56 pm
formerly known as lady1964

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by stifle
[RANT]Buying home insurance. I've spent the last hour at it and am no nearer to buying anything. This may be because I put everything through the meerkat site and then out of idle curiosity opened a different browser and went directly to the insurer that the meerkats suggested. £98 cheaper.[/RANT]
We had the same thing when insuring my then 17 year old daughter for her car when she passed her test. I spent hours doing the same as you then found going from the comparison site direct to the insurer was hundreds of £'s cheaper...................
Old Jan 15, 2013, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Furthermore, the site I want to buy from keeps crashing and saying "please phone us". I hate phoning people.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 1:59 pm

[RANT] Internal auditors - sit there, do your auditing quietly, asking the occasional question to do with our files but please, do not butt in to business that doesn't concern you, thereby stressing us out more than we already are because we don't want non-conformance - keep your opinions to yourself and just because you're a workaholic, don't look down on those of us who have a life outside work.......

and breathe.............

[END OF RANT]
Old Jan 15, 2013, 4:33 pm

Programs: British Airways
Two from me...

Going shopping in a supermarket (especially at Christmas when it's rather busy) and people think parking their trolleys in the middle of the isle to chat with each other is ok. Despite an excuse me they pretend to be deaf, a strategic nudge out of the way seems to work.

Calling a UK based call centre at 0400 hrs and getting the message " We are experiencing an usual high call volume, your call is important to us" etc etc.

No, I think you are not telling the truth.

Wine kicking in, rant over.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 10:09 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Silver, Thameslink Delay Repay
Randomly discovered that for the fourth time in a row, I am wearing a white shirt flying outbound from LHR (unusual for me, as I always travel for leisure not business). And by randomly discovered, I mean this is the fourth time in a row I have spilled GC's signature "may-contain-traces-of-chicken" tagine on said white shirt.

In other news:
  • Mmmm banana cake.
  • Open bar is not a good idea after having an interview in the morning and anxiously awaiting a response. My apologies to everyone if the bar dries up soon (have some orange juice on me!)
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Time for an emergency visit to Thomas Pink!
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by csutter
[*]Mmmm banana cake.[*]Open bar is not a good idea after having an interview in the morning and anxiously awaiting a response. My apologies to everyone if the bar dries up soon (have some orange juice on me!)
Fingers crossed for you....and the banana cake will mop up some of the bar consumption
Old Jan 16, 2013, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
[RANT] So many people being so scratchy on so many threads. Whatever happened? Is it the weather? It's getting tiresome. [\RANT]
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:02 am

[RANT] The ba**ard driving a lorry who drove into hubby's car this morning. Thanks for taking a photo of the damage you caused to his car before attempting to drive off. Thanks for speaking almost no English so that when my hubby asked for your insurance details, you gazed at him blankly, huffed & then drove off. Hubby got the reg no and company name of the firm said to**er drives for but cheers for the hassle he now has.

Hubby can't open the passenger door of his car and has to go to the police station later to report this. We have his car booked in to Meet & Greet parking at T5 next Wednesday, so now we may have the hassle of changing the car being left there.

So thanks you absolute ba**ard, hope you had a good day

[RANT OVER]
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by T8191
[RANT] So many people being so scratchy on so many threads. Whatever happened? Is it the weather? It's getting tiresome. [\RANT]
Cold weather in London
Old Jan 18, 2013, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

[RANT]People not closing the windows on slam-door trains[/RANT]
Old Jan 18, 2013, 8:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by stifle
[RANT]People not closing the windows on slam-door trains[/RANT]
I can't believe they still have them in Britain.....how quaint.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.