Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA American Express credit card | 2013 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2013, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: stifle
Current sign-up, referral and spend promotions

New member sign ups

British Airways American Express Premium Plus Card:
Collect 18,000 bonus Avios when you spend £3,000 within the first three months of card membership.

British Airways American Express Credit Card:
Collect 9,000 bonus Avios when you spend £1,000 within the first three months of card membership.
Small print:
Offers are only available to New Cardmembers, if you have had a British Airways American Express Card in the last 6 months you will not be eligible for the bonus Avios. 9,000 bonus Avios will be awarded onto your account once you have been approved and you have spent and charged a minimum of £1,000 on goods and services to the account within three months of account opening. Please note this offer is subject to change. Please note that it can take up to one month for bonus Avios to be awarded to your account.

Premium Plus Cardmembers - 25,000 bonus Avios will be awarded onto your account once you have been approved and you have spent and charged a minimum of £3,000 on goods and services to the account within three months of account opening. If you are a British Airways American Express Credit Card or British Airways American Express Premium Cardholder, you will not be eligible for this offer and this is not an offer to upgrade. Please note this offer is subject to change. Please note that it can take up to one month for bonus Avios to be awarded to your account.

Referrals

If you are already a BA American Express card holder (either BA card) and introduce a friend to the BA American Express card, you'll receive a 4,000 Avios bonus once your friend's application is approved.

If you are already a BA American Express card holder (either BA card) and introduce a friend to the Premium Plus card, you'll receive a 9,000 Avios bonus once your friend's application is approved. Your friend will receive 19,000 Avios if he/she spends £3,000 in his/her first three months of cardmembership.
Small print:
When you recommend the British Airways American Express Credit Card to a friend, you will receive 4,000 Avios once their Card has been approved. Your friend will receive 10,000 Avios when they spend a minimum of £1,000 on goods and services purchased and charged to their account within three months of account opening. Applicants must be UK residents aged 18 years old or over. If your friend has already applied for the British Airways American Express Credit Card without using this recommendation, you and your friend will not be eligible for the bonus Avios. All introductory offers are subject to change, can be withdrawn at any time and are not available if your friend currently holds or has held any other British Airways Credit Cards in the past 6 months.

Promotions
Print Wikipost

BA American Express credit card | 2013 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2013, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
40k was targetted, I think 30k was the best general offer. 18k is not bad in the scheme of things .... for the majority of 2012 it was 9k.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 11:33 am

Programs: Some, not all.
40k was not targeted, although probably not advertised (but then what is with amex?).

If it's a 241 that's required then you might as well bite now, but if you are after avios then consider the gold or plat amex as both have a better welcome bonus. Always happy to refer - it helps offset the cost of my travel habit
Old Apr 1, 2013, 12:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by 21H21J
40k was not targeted, although probably not advertised (but then what is with amex?).

If it's a 241 that's required then you might as well bite now, but if you are after avios then consider the gold or plat amex as both have a better welcome bonus. Always happy to refer - it helps offset the cost of my travel habit

Have you been reading Raffles' headforpoints blog by any chance?
Old Apr 1, 2013, 12:49 pm

Programs: Some, not all.
Originally Posted by mike&co
[/B]

Have you been reading Raffles' headforpoints blog by any chance?
Never heard of it! There's no point in reading blogs, it's just recycled content from ft plus referral links
Old Apr 3, 2013, 3:48 am

Programs: BA Silver
Has anyone had any problems with the Foursquare credit not appearing recently? I got 2 x £100 giftcards from Debehams on 23 March, across my 4 Amex cards (BAPP, Gold, SPG, BMI). I got 2 Foursquare notifications, but haven't had any of the £25 credits yet.

Who have people contacted to get this fixed?
Old Apr 3, 2013, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by Paralytic
Has anyone had any problems with the Foursquare credit not appearing recently? I got 2 x £100 giftcards from Debehams on 23 March, across my 4 Amex cards (BAPP, Gold, SPG, BMI). I got 2 Foursquare notifications, but haven't had any of the £25 credits yet.

Who have people contacted to get this fixed?
Log through AMEX CS for the AMEX issued cards. Check the last few pages for the email address to query for the MBNA issued card.

I've still not received my Debenhams ones either which were also purchased on 23 March.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 4:29 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Hyatt (Globalist)
seem to be taking a while to process this time. ive got £25 from debenhams outstanding after a couple of weeks and waiting on a recent harrods credit. £125 off an ipad mini with all the recent discounts!
Old Apr 3, 2013, 4:45 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by flashware
Log through AMEX CS for the AMEX issued cards. Check the last few pages for the email address to query for the MBNA issued card.
For those that have raised issues via Amex CS, did you do a separate one per card or put them all in a single request? Not sure if having multiple Foursquare accounts is strictly within the T&Cs.

And, for reference, the email for MBNA and LLoyds Amex queries is: [email protected]

(couldn't find it on this thread, but it was over on the MR forum)
Old Apr 3, 2013, 5:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by 21H21J
Never heard of it! There's no point in reading blogs, it's just recycled content from ft plus referral links
I think Raffles (and many others on this forum) would disagree. He's a highly regarded member of this forum and spends much of his spare time trying to save us money, ^so why don't you check it out - I did and it saved me a small fortune- with no referral
Old Apr 3, 2013, 5:11 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
i am still waiting for some house of fraser foursquare credits. Chased Amex CS and they said "credits can take upto 2 statements"

mmm right.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 5:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Eurobonus Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Smile

Originally Posted by mike&co
I think Raffles (and many others on this forum) would disagree. He's a highly regarded member of this forum and spends much of his spare time trying to save us money, ^so why don't you check it out - I did and it saved me a small fortune- with no referral

Yes....headforpoints definitely gets the ^^^ from me. I am really impressed by the amount of time Raffles seems to dedicate to the blog!
Old Apr 3, 2013, 5:58 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Geoggy
i am still waiting for some house of fraser foursquare credits. Chased Amex CS and they said "credits can take upto 2 statements"

mmm right.
same here - i never got any foursquare confirmation - dont know who its possible (As i got the harvey nicholls credits within coulpe of days) but my cards seem to have been unlinked from my account....
Old Apr 3, 2013, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by GavT_london
same here - i never got any foursquare confirmation - dont know who its possible (As i got the harvey nicholls credits within coulpe of days) but my cards seem to have been unlinked from my account....
I received confirmation for all my transactions but had to chase them all up. The only ones that did post automatically were the Bentalls ones.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 6:23 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Seems to be lots of people missing Debenhams Foursquare credits, me included (purchases on 24 and 30 March). I have been credited for subsequent Fenwicks and Shell purchases, although my first Shell purchase credit is also outstanding. I had wondered if I had done something wrong, as they were my first Foursquare transactions, but as I did the same for the later Fenwicks one, that can't be the answer. I think I'll leave it a week and then chase......
Old Apr 3, 2013, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by louie-m
Seems to be lots of people missing Debenhams Foursquare credits, me included (purchases on 24 and 30 March). I have been credited for subsequent Fenwicks and Shell purchases, although my first Shell purchase credit is also outstanding. I had wondered if I had done something wrong, as they were my first Foursquare transactions, but as I did the same for the later Fenwicks one, that can't be the answer. I think I'll leave it a week and then chase......
I chased my HoF ones after a week and all were manually credited without issue. I've just fired off my first round of Debenhams ones, however I space the various names apart so that it doesn't all land with the same person

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.