Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Photographs from your BA travels

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2014, 11:02 am

Programs: BA, SQ, VS, Lifetime Diamond Club Appreciator, Mucci
Technically this isn't from my travels with BA, but at today's London Marathon, I got some great snaps of aircraft coming in over Big Ben. This one is my favourite of the BA bunch...

100 points for whoever works out what flight it was!
Old Apr 13, 2014, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by 000
technically this isn't from my travels with ba, but at today's london marathon, i got some great snaps of aircraft coming in over big ben. This one is my favourite of the ba bunch...

156 Kuwait City-Heathrow?
Old Apr 13, 2014, 3:15 pm

Programs: BAEC / Hilton Honors / Accor
Originally Posted by 000
Technically this isn't from my travels with BA, but at today's London Marathon, I got some great snaps of aircraft coming in over Big Ben. This one is my favourite of the BA bunch...

I remember been on a school trip to London and been stood in just about the same spot and watching Concorde on it's way into Heathrow. What a sight it was.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Some from Auckland. Going to be in NZ until 8th May, spending around 8 days touring around the South Island. Am hoping the rain goes away! Mix of Pentax 645D and Nikon D800 and Nikon D800E

I need to have another bash at the traffic trails overlooking Auckland's Spaghetti junction,it's a perfect location for traffic trails, but instead of going straight to Hopetoun Street (where there is a bridge with a pavement in the perfect position) I popped down to West Harbour for Bluff Cove Oysters - they were heavenly but I should have been on location 30 minutes earlier...

Old Apr 14, 2014, 1:08 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by itsmeitisss
Some from Auckland. Going to be in NZ until 8th May, spending around 8 days touring around the South Island. Am hoping the rain goes away! Mix of Pentax 645D and Nikon D800 and Nikon D800E
Great pics Meaning to try out more traffic trails myself! Are you planning a TR at all? It's just I've got a South Island trip planned myself later in the year and would be interested in seeing what itinerary you come up with - I'm still in the planning stages. Looking forward to making more use of my A3*G with Air NZ again (Koru Club in Wellington was great when I was there last time)
Old Apr 15, 2014, 2:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Great pics Meaning to try out more traffic trails myself! Are you planning a TR at all? It's just I've got a South Island trip planned myself later in the year and would be interested in seeing what itinerary you come up with - I'm still in the planning stages. Looking forward to making more use of my A3*G with Air NZ again (Koru Club in Wellington was great when I was there last time)
I may well do a TR....

I returned to the spaghetti junction location a bit earlier today

Nikon D800e Nikkor 14 - 24 at 18mm 30 secs at f/9

Pentax 645D DA 25 f/4 f/8 92 secs

Old Apr 18, 2014, 6:51 am
Original Poster

I drove up North up to Paihia. No boat trips because of the after effects of the cyclone that had hit Australia. New Zealand is an astounding place - the very northern tip, Cape Reinga is a 6 hr drive from Auckland. I didn't get as far as that, as had to come back south for business. Just to make me feel better, I got a speeding ticket on my way down the Northern Motorway.

Noting takes away from the beauty of the North though. It's a little desolate, but it's beautiful.

Ruakaka Beach, south of Whangerei

Bay of Islands

Kerikeri falls - I was ten minutes late for the rainbow that forms here

Matauri Bay

Waiwera

Old Apr 22, 2014, 6:31 am
Original Poster

Some more from New Zealand, this time from Hawkes Bay:

Nikon D800E

Napier - Capital City of Art Deco

Old Apr 22, 2014, 4:43 pm

Fantastic B&W pics there ^
Old Apr 22, 2014, 9:57 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Itsmeitisss - excellent stills. Reminds me why I moved here five years ago.
I have the pleasure of living on the Kapiti Coast and commuting for work to the South Island weekly. I see sights like this every day and it needs an outsider's perspective to remind you how good you have it - even Auckland looks attractive!
I have a UK holiday planned for July with those amazingly competitive Finnair J-class fares from this end of the globe.
Enjoy NZ and yes, the Police are serious about speeding over 109 kph (except on Bank Holidays where the tolerence is down to 103).
Old Apr 27, 2014, 2:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CHCflyer
Itsmeitisss - excellent stills. Reminds me why I moved here five years ago.
I have the pleasure of living on the Kapiti Coast and commuting for work to the South Island weekly. I see sights like this every day and it needs an outsider's perspective to remind you how good you have it - even Auckland looks attractive!
I have a UK holiday planned for July with those amazingly competitive Finnair J-class fares from this end of the globe.
Enjoy NZ and yes, the Police are serious about speeding over 109 kph (except on Bank Holidays where the tolerence is down to 103).
Thanks ^

you should be familiar with this view from a NZ A320 then (was flying from WLG to CHC):

Old Apr 27, 2014, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by itsmeitisss
Some more from New Zealand, this time from Hawkes Bay:
Excellent set as usual itsmeitisss.

The black and white processing of the first few is suburb.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Drove from Christchurch to Queenstown today - originally had a flight booked, but decided to change arrangements even though flight was non refundable, and drive via Lake Tekapo, and drive down Mount Cook Road. It meant that my drive from Mount Cook to Queenstown was in the dark, but the light was glorious, and I've hardly even started looking at the shots yet, but here are a few I've had a little play with:

Lake Tekapo:

Mount Cook and Lake Pukaki:

Mount Cook and Mount Cook Road:

Mount Cook range almost an hour after sunset (15 min exposure)

Old Apr 30, 2014, 7:46 am

Superb shots, itsmeitisss - can't wait to be there myself later this year
Old May 1, 2014, 12:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Sunset over France

On approach over Lake Geneva

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.