Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

who wants to use the BA 2-1 certificate with me?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:35 pm
Original Poster

So I have a 2-1 certificate thanks to chase. It expires this summer.
I am self employed and have very flexable dates on travel.

I would like to find someone who wants to travel either with a little bit of their own miles on 1st or business class with BA (ideally we take one leg first, and another business) Also ideally we leave out of PHX or SFO.

Now in an ideal world all that would happen this april, may or june. But I have yet to live in this perfect world which is why i am flexable on dates, locations and time frame. just like to travel and am looking for an excuse to go to europe and use my certificate.

PM me if you want to be my companion for a flight. If you are reading this forum, you know the taxes through LHR are more than anywhere else, but you are okay with it.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 1:33 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
Originally Posted by blimpin aint easy
So I have a 2-1 certificate thanks to chase. It expires this summer.
I am self employed and have very flexable dates on travel.

I would like to find someone who wants to travel either with a little bit of their own miles on 1st or business class with BA (ideally we take one leg first, and another business) Also ideally we leave out of PHX or SFO.

Now in an ideal world all that would happen this april, may or june. But I have yet to live in this perfect world which is why i am flexable on dates, locations and time frame. just like to travel and am looking for an excuse to go to europe and use my certificate.

PM me if you want to be my companion for a flight. If you are reading this forum, you know the taxes through LHR are more than anywhere else, but you are okay with it.
I am not sure how it works in US but to use companion voucher miles must be taken from family account, ie the person travelling would need to be on your account so it might make it a bit complicated, you could take someone else but miles need to come from you but if you are feeling generous why not but am assuming you are doing this to save your mileage.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 7:56 am
Original Poster

You are right, but my understanding in the US is that you can change your address a few times a year. So for this flight we would just need to have the same address at booking and can share miles then.

Just trying to feel out the FT community and see if there is any interest in this to make it worth while for all parties involved.

Also would be up for paying for a cash ticket and save my miles for another day.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 8:00 am
uk1
Suspended

To me .... this is way, way over the line. I do hope it goes wrong.

Old Jan 30, 2013, 8:16 am

Programs: NZ *Gold
Originally Posted by uk1
To me .... this is way, way over the line. I do hope it goes wrong.

Interested in why you would say that? Asking for a travel buddy isn't crime of the century - the 241 has been issued, the miles earned and two lots of fees and taxes would have to be paid. The temporary change to a household acount to pool miles is not something unheard of on here...

However, the OP, if not in a HHA could use all their miles and their companion could pick up their own and a share of the OPs taxes/charges instead.

As a singleton I have thought about doing this on the rare occasion MsRedVee hasn't been my companion. Not all of us are a deux
Old Jan 30, 2013, 8:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I don't see anything wrong with it as long as it's all above board and can be done without any dodgy goings on.

Making up a HHA for the sole purpose of doing it seems a bit suspect though.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 8:30 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by RedVee
Interested in why you would say that? Asking for a travel buddy isn't crime of the century - the 241 has been issued, the miles earned and two lots of fees and taxes would have to be paid. The temporary change to a household acount to pool miles is not something unheard of on here...

However, the OP, if not in a HHA could use all their miles and their companion could pick up their own and a share of the OPs taxes/charges instead.

As a singleton I have thought about doing this on the rare occasion MsRedVee hasn't been my companion. Not all of us are a deux
The uphill process of trying to explain why this is wrong is far too steep for me, but in mitigation I'll say that I am bright enough to know that the two sides of this argument will remain the same at the end of the inevitable very long thread as they were at the very start.

I'll simply say that as a starting point that the idea of creating "false" addresses to fabricate false relationships to take advantage is a decent place to start. In my opinion the voucher is being sold to a false partner and is a clear hoodwink of the BA offer. A person posts an idea of how to sell a companion voucher ("sharing the cost with a stranger") through a false address and the rules and availability all sufffer in the long term. If BA don't like this and see it succeeding they'll make it tougher. If you don't like the offer, don't take it up. Find another one. I simply disapprove. In the end we all lose.

Use the offers in the way they were intended and I'll try hard not to complain.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 9:36 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
The FT Rules don't permit any form of exchange or barter of award travel anywhere except in Coupon Connection. That includes offering a trip in exchange for a 'donation' of miles, and even giving away an award travel coupon for free.

In accordance, this thead has to be closed.

/mod

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.