CONFIRMED: BA B787 & A380 layouts

Old Dec 11, 2012, 8:37 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Originally Posted by JFX1764
So F class pax won't be allowed a wander upstairs?
I should hope that if they wish to walk around the aircraft, they should be able to having paid a shed load of money, but with regards to others they will just not be able to move around, they can of course in club world take a hike down the back of the aircraft and back again, but certainly should not be allowed in the inner sanctum of F, likewise the Club pax upstairs should not be allowed downstairs. Have said my bit
Old Dec 11, 2012, 8:57 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue
I like the 767s, well I like the 2-4-2 in WT anyway. Not so keen on the 3-3-3, will definitely feel more crowded. Oh well it's not like I fly much anyway.

A380 boarding will be hilarious. If that's the right word. How big are the overhead bins anyway?
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
My word... Some people really do suffer from First World Problem'itus...
I have seen many posts and views on FT that are paltry and trivial but I still think your comment and emoticon are a little unfair. After all, this is where people discuss matters relating to first world lifestyles and how do you know that these people are not active contributors to thirdworldproblemstalk.com?

I care deeply about those who are less fortunate than me but you would never know that if all you see of me were my FT posts.

PS still waiting for your epic trip report.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:38 am

Programs: BA, SQ
Originally Posted by JFX1764
So F class pax won't be allowed a wander upstairs?
As the flight deck is on the main deck, "if" they do want to limit risk I would say those upstairs won't be allowed downstairs
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by destere
But I fear BA are being squeezed at an ever increasing rate. AA's upcoming business class offering (which has already been rolling out on CX) will put further pressure on BA. AA is right in BA's front yard, and I have avoided AA's business class because of the hard product - this may very well change when the new aircraft are in the fleet.
AA and BA run a joint business on the Transatlantic so they probably don't care. And AA has a lot to catch up; the awesome Sicma/Zodiac Cirrus seats will only be on the 77Ws it has ordered, and it will be 2015 before all those awful slanted J seats on the rest of the AA fleet will have been replaced by a not-as-yet announced new J seat -- assuming a potential takeover by US management doesn't change things.

The A380 still has a huge edge over any 777 due to the low cabin noise, higher pressurization, and higher humidity. It makes a huge difference on long flights. And the 777 is a LOUD aircraft.

Last edited by hillrider; Dec 11, 2012 at 11:51 am
Old Dec 11, 2012, 1:08 pm

AA and BA run a joint business on the Transatlantic so they probably don't care.
Exactly, all Joint business flights are revenue shared. BA gets around 60% AA 30% IB 10% no matter what colour the plane is.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 1:10 pm

Any speculation on the 787 routes? Will the new deliveries be one for one replacements for the old 767s and their routes?
As it stands yes. The NE seaboard routes look likely to be first.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 2:15 pm

Programs: VS Gold, BAEC Gold
Compare the A380 First products from Singapore and Emirates; why would you pick BA?
Old Dec 11, 2012, 2:32 pm

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI des Soins Medicaux, Le médecin personnel ŕ PUCCI GALORE
Thank god they have separated the CW cabins. A huge CW dorm would have filled me with fear. I quite like what they have done but am really keen (sad as it may seem) to know what they have done with the lavs. I think premium toilets should be like Avios - 100% more space for F, 50% more for CW, 25% more room for whY+

After a few drinks (and being very tired) getting changed is very challenging in those cubicles that are currently on offer

Look forward to seeing the high-res images
Old Dec 11, 2012, 2:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by inkiboo
Compare the A380 First products from Singapore and Emirates; why would you pick BA?
Really?
Old Dec 11, 2012, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am not keen on seats with doors and would rather enjoy a seat that complements the fuselage and allows me to celebrate the art of flight than tries to be something that it is not.

BA all the way!

Old Dec 11, 2012, 3:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold, FB Ivory (no more AF), Accor Plat, VS Silver, HH Gold
Fairly limited route competition, though. Esp on routes which are perceived as profitable (NA, Hong Kong, China in future).
Old Dec 11, 2012, 4:08 pm

Programs: LH/BA/DL
Because SQ would have been about 2.5 times the price for my upcoming flight and EK was not competetive on the overall flight time.

Easy decision.

Last edited by Greg45; Dec 11, 2012 at 4:16 pm
Old Dec 11, 2012, 4:14 pm

Programs: LH/BA/DL
Originally Posted by andygeog
There is certainly no 'premium' feel to J on upper deck of SQ A380 (over and above other planes). It actually feels like you're on a 777.

Upper deck of 744, it ain't.
Can confirm this from my experience onboard Lufthansa and Singapore A380.

I would say upper deck is even a little narrower than the 777 more like an A340/A330 with a lower ceiling. Lower deck feels pretty much like 747.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
I am not keen on seats with doors and would rather enjoy a seat that complements the fuselage and allows me to celebrate the art of flight than tries to be something that it is not.

BA all the way!

+1 Emirates Can stick their Tacky Gold Bling where the Sun Don't Shine! -)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.