Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CONFIRMED: BA B787 & A380 layouts

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Boarding the A380 will be interesting, with CW pax fighting with WTP and WT for both decks
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:44 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Official seat maps for A380 and B787 published

Just appeared on Business Traveller.

Seems there are a few more loos than we thought!

http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...yout-confirmed
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:46 am

As expected then. Thanks for posting ^
Old Dec 11, 2012, 1:12 am

They do not let you move from deck to deck on the 747s now. You can wander around the lower cabins than yours but not go up or down stairs.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 1:14 am

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI
Originally Posted by edi-traveller
Just appeared on Business Traveller.

Seems there are a few more loos than we thought!

http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...yout-confirmed
Where? Maybe not clear on my mobile but I still count 2 for upstairs CW and the 4 downstairs will need to be defended against the front section of WT
Old Dec 11, 2012, 1:21 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
The seating decisions will have been made by BA having to carefully balance customer comfort whilst on board and convencience and speed whilst embarking and disembarking. BA's call and not a lot we can do about it I suppose...

But this is not a good quote:

Walsh said that although there is room for lounges on C, at present there are no plans for adding them, so passengers with access to the lounges will presumably use the lounges in the main terminal or B.

So what if there are weather or other delays? Passengers will have to schlep backwards and forwards for miles to a lounge... certainly not a good experience for F customers for eaxmple whom are being sold a (quite expensive) premium service!
Old Dec 11, 2012, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Cubiscus
And a 2 is nearly always more comfortable than a 3 or 4.
Not necessarily!

A three is more comfortable than a pair if there is nobody in the middle seat. And the middle seats may be more likely to be empty than one of a pair.

Furthermore, in a set of three there is a 50% chance that the centre passenger will not climb over you. In a pair there is a 100% chance that the window passenger will climb over you.

Originally Posted by Cubiscus
Don't like the sound of 3-3-3 on the 787.
3-3-3 has one advantage over 2-4-2: passengers experience a guaranteed empty seat next to them at 67% seat factor or below. With 2-4-2 the critical seat factor is 50%. And planes are more likely to be 51% full then 68%.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by BA or bust
So what if there are weather or other delays? Passengers will have to schlep backwards and forwards for miles to a lounge... certainly not a good experience for F customers for eaxmple whom are being sold a (quite expensive) premium service!
I do not see the issue to be honest. F passengers can use the CCR until boarding and then head over to B or C.

Originally Posted by Greenpen
They do not let you move from deck to deck on the 747s now. You can wander around the lower cabins than yours but not go up or down stairs.
Since when have you not been allowed downstairs? I have seen passengers not being allowed upstairs but never not downstairs.

How would UD passengers use the Club Kitchen?
Old Dec 11, 2012, 1:27 am

Programs: BA Silver (at last!), Thai Silver
It may be just me, but I can't think of anything worse than being stuck in one of those middle CW seats on the 787, being 'spied' upon from either side!!

Must say I'm a bit disappointed that A380 hasn't kept the top deck premium cabins only..... I'm sure there's a reason for it that a lowly person like me isn't quite getting.........
Old Dec 11, 2012, 1:38 am

Programs: BA: Silver,
Originally Posted by milehighj
A bit strange to split CW onto two decks. Assuming a large traveling party is split between cabins, that's a long trek aft, down and forward to hook up (bypassing F).

OTOH, it does allow WT+ pax a decent chance at disembarking quickly and being in front of Y pax into immigration lines.
It would have to be a pretty LARGE travelling party to have to be split...
(or a really late booking after an even number all the seats, UD and LD, had been nabbed.)
Old Dec 11, 2012, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
My word... Some people really do suffer from First World Problem'itus...
Old Dec 11, 2012, 1:49 am

Programs: BA: Silver,
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom

Since when have you not been allowed downstairs? I have seen passengers not being allowed upstairs but never not downstairs.

How would UD passengers use the Club Kitchen?
Exactly. I have been prevented from venturing upstairs (from a downstairs seat) for "security reasons". But while in an UD seat have wandered around (up and down stairs) unimpeded.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 1:59 am

It is shocking to hear that they have no plan for premium lounges at Satellite C. You are basically parking these "premium" planes all at Satellite C but not having the facilities to go with it is a bad decision. For first class passengers, they will have to leave the lounge 45 to 60 minutes prior to departure time to get from the Concord Room to Satellite C for their supposedly A380 premium experience. It makes zero sense to me. Even if they use Satellite B lounge, passengers will need to allocate extra fifteen minutes to get over to C.

I don't understand the nine abreast seating at 787 used by major airlines. It is fine for a LCC or a charter airline, but if you claim to be a full service airline, 17 inches width is really not acceptable for a long haul flight. But I guess times have changed and the line between LCC and major full service airlines has blurred further.

Carfield
Old Dec 11, 2012, 2:00 am

Programs: No longer bothered chasing FF status.
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
My word... Some people really do suffer from First World Problem'itus...
I've wanted to say that for a while now, based on some of the recent threads, that have extended to several pages on here. I'm just glad it was you BBB that said it though, as I no doubt would have been slammed for doing so

So let me just add my +1 ^
Old Dec 11, 2012, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by Herman ze German
Where? Maybe not clear on my mobile but I still count 2 for upstairs CW and the 4 downstairs will need to be defended against the front section of WT
It might just be my eyesight, but the WT cabin on the lower deck (199 seats) has only two loos !! 4 lavatories appear to be shared between the WT and WTP cabins (159 passengers) on the upper deck.

Even assuming passengers will go up and down the stairs in a no-doubt futile attempt to find an empty lavatory, I think there will be a lot of leg-crossing on the lower deck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.