BA Lounge Database | Far East

Old Jun 29, 2013, 12:26 am

Programs: ANA DIA+SFC, BAEC Gold, CX Diamond, HH Dia, SPG Gold, IHC Plat
Please note JAL has opened new First and Sakura lounges on the 4th floor at Narita T2, accessible by escalator right in front of the existing (old) First lounge entrance. Food, drinks and furniture are identical, view is almost non-existent but it is a quiet place. Smaller than the old lounges.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 2:16 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by kazt
Please note JAL has opened new First and Sakura lounges on the 4th floor at Narita T2, accessible by escalator right in front of the existing (old) First lounge entrance. Food, drinks and furniture are identical, view is almost non-existent but it is a quiet place. Smaller than the old lounges.
It's been open for a good few months actually.

There is no shower or massage facility on the 4th floor.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 4:56 am

Programs: ANA DIA+SFC, BAEC Gold, CX Diamond, HH Dia, SPG Gold, IHC Plat
Yes, and it relieves the congestion during the morning bank of flights, including BA006, which resulted in very crowded conditions and BA actively promoting usage of the AA Admirals lounge.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 5:48 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by kazt
Yes, and it relieves the congestion during the morning bank of flights, including BA006, which resulted in very crowded conditions and BA actively promoting usage of the AA Admirals lounge.
JL asked that BA passengers (and others) use the AA lounge, rather than BA asking their passengers to do so, actually, although I have always been welcomed into the JL F lounge even when JL had the official request to use the AA lounge.

The lounge downstairs can still get crowded during certain hours but I agree that it is better than before.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 6:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by phol
There's a Cathay and a JAL lounge in the Satellite terminal. Both very small though.
There are also two Asiana (business / FC ) lounges in the Satellite at ICN next to gate 119 and I was directed to the Satellite FC lounge as the BA018 was departing from the Satellite

FC lounge small and quiet. Food offering limited and quite unimpressive. Nevertheless, nice view of the Apron, Piper Heidsieck on offer and friendly staff.
Showers and a Massage Chair.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 10:11 pm

I did a search on this board and figured from the results that the PVG lounge offering was pretty grim.

Happy to report otherwise. It's the CX lounge and is bright, airy (it's the mezzanine floor directly adjacent the gate area) and is stocked with reasonable refreshment offerings. I didn't look at hot food - that may be quite limited but it more than met my needs of somewhere quiet, pleasant to sit with wifi and soft drinks freely available.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Genius1
In SIN, the former BA/QF Business lounge is now the QF-operated Qantas Singapore Lounge. The former BA/QF First lounge is now the BA-operated British Airways Lounge.
Originally Posted by silvergirl
I dont really bother visiting the BA lounge in SIN anymore, especially as there is no GF.
The QF lounge has a sign outside saying that it's open from 1430 to 2300.

The QF lounge does not make flight announcements and BA flights are not displayed on the screens. This may not be an issue if you're on a BA flight and you know it's on time. However, we were on a delayed BA flight which was being turned around in the minimum possible time, so after using the QF showers and then discovering that there would be no BA flight information, we had to decamp next door to the BA lounge.

In the BA lounge, the staff were circulating with some hot snacks (dim sum dumplings) in addition to what the food that was on the display.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 1:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Le Club Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
SIN Lounge list just needs an update to reflect the Qantas/BA partnership change.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 9:02 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Quite a sizable update. Big changes are happening with CX next week at HKG - the closure of The Pier FC lounge and opening of The Bridge lounge.

I've also updated the BA/QF lounge ownership changes at BKK, HKG, and SIN. I've probably got it all wrong, so please don't hesitate to correct me
Old Oct 26, 2013, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Thanks for the updates!

Re SIN: I'm not sure that the old First lounge is called that any more. Although I didn't pay much attention, I don't remember seeing any "first class" branding any more. In any event, regardless of what it's called I think it's now the combined first and business class lounge for BA.

I hope someone else who knows it better might be able to confirm or clarify!
Old Oct 26, 2013, 11:05 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Thanks for the updates!

Re SIN: I'm not sure that the old First lounge is called that any more. Although I didn't pay much attention, I don't remember seeing any "first class" branding any more. In any event, regardless of what it's called I think it's now the combined first and business class lounge for BA.

I hope someone else who knows it better might be able to confirm or clarify!
Thanks, I have received confirmation it was renamed the "British Airways Lounge". I understand this lounge is expected to close this month for remodelling. Can anyone confirm its current status?
Old Oct 27, 2013, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
BKK:

The former BA/QF Business lounge is now the Qantas International Business lounge.

The former BA/QF First lounge is now the British Airways Lounge.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 8:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Any advice on which lounge to use at BKK as OWE flying in J with RJ? I believe RJ will direct me to the Royal Orchid lounge...is this any good or should I try to go to the BA lounge? Is it still correct that none of the lounges have separate sections for F/OWE passengers? With BKK being so big, am I best sticking with Royal Orchid as I imagine the gate RJ uses will be closer to that than any other lounges? Sorry for so many questions at once!!
Old Mar 26, 2014, 6:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Bump...no OWEs been to BKK recently?
Old Mar 28, 2014, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
There aren't any oneworld first class lounges at BKK. I would stick with the TG lounge.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.