Search

BA Lounge Database | Far East

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2016, 4:44 am

Programs: BA Gold
ICN First Lounge

Originally Posted by Prospero
ICN Seoul
There are two Asiana lounges in ICN. This is the business lounge, there is also a First lounge for OWE.

This has broadly the same things but also has lunch options (such as ginseng chicken, soy beans, eggs, sandwiches) as well as the breakfast (bread, cheese, porridge, bagels, croissants). Has Moet champagne, and Haagen-Dazs ice cream (including green tea flavour).

Unlike the business lounge, this one has windows. Very nice lounge. Photo below...

Old Nov 23, 2016, 3:43 am

Going to be in Shanghai mid next year - flying out to LHR on BA. I understand that we can access the PVG T2 Dragonair/CX lounge. But, we also have priority pass cards and read in loungebuddy that there is a good lounge no. 77 China Eastern Plaza Premium lounge. Has anyone been to both? Which one is better? [When we were in Beijing a few years ago, we went to a third party lounge for BA F pax (cannot remember its name) and it was absolutely awful.]
Old Nov 23, 2016, 3:58 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by A1pax
Going to be in Shanghai mid next year - flying out to LHR on BA. I understand that we can access the PVG T2 Dragonair/CX lounge. But, we also have priority pass cards and read in loungebuddy that there is a good lounge no. 77 China Eastern Plaza Premium lounge. Has anyone been to both? Which one is better? [When we were in Beijing a few years ago, we went to a third party lounge for BA F pax (cannot remember its name) and it was absolutely awful.]
Yes that old lounge was dreadful, but the Cathay lounge in PVG is a solid offering, modern with good natural light, it's bigger than it looks, it opens out at the back. I think they do noodles for the evening flight, but it's not there for the morning service to London. I can't comment on that Plaza Premium, other than that I also hold a PP card and rightly or wrongly it wouldn't occur to me to go anywhere other than the Cathay lounge at PVG.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes that old lounge was dreadful, but the Cathay lounge in PVG is a solid offering, modern with good natural light, it's bigger than it looks, it opens out at the back. I think they do noodles for the evening flight, but it's not there for the morning service to London. I can't comment on that Plaza Premium, other than that I also hold a PP card and rightly or wrongly it wouldn't occur to me to go anywhere other than the Cathay lounge at PVG.
Thanks, c-w-s. I agree that CX lounges are consistently good. May decide to pop in both PP and CX lounges at PVG - time permits on the day.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 4:04 am

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Neither is great. But the CX lounge is typically quieter and has nicer decor.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by Dan72
Neither is great. But the CX lounge is typically quieter and has nicer decor.
Thanks, Dan72. Will certainly check out CX lounge at PVG.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 4:07 am

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
I agree that CX lounges are consistently good.
A bit like most airlines, the outstations, particular on regional routes, are not much to write home about. They typically use the same airport caterer as other airlines and besides the space (which can be nicer) the offering is typically weak. Both KUL and PVG spring to mind.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 2:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, Honors Gold
What's the current thinking with regard to showering at SIN when on the BA15? Aim for the BA or the QF lounge? Will be in J and ready to leg it to the lounge.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by mattyw
What's the current thinking with regard to showering at SIN when on the BA15? Aim for the BA or the QF lounge? Will be in J and ready to leg it to the lounge.
QF is much better. Food, showers and seating areas are all much nicer. The BA lounge may be better for alcohol but i don't drink on flights so wouldn't know.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 6:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, Honors Gold
Originally Posted by 1010101
QF is much better. Food, showers and seating areas are all much nicer. The BA lounge may be better for alcohol but i don't drink on flights so wouldn't know.
Showering is the number one priority! Thanks
Old Feb 9, 2017, 7:44 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by 1010101
Not convinced the seating is better in the QF lounge. Have you visited the new BA Lounge?
Old Feb 9, 2017, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Not convinced the seating is better in the QF lounge. Have you visited the new BA Lounge?
Yes, I went in twice when it opened and now just go straight to Qantas. I'll give you there might be a greater variety of seat types in the BA lounge but with those horrible high backed things or the boardroom style chairs most are not great.
Old May 28, 2017, 11:37 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

The database received a full update today
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:24 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Just to check from what i've read - we are flying Club from KUL to LHR - we should head to the KUL Platinum Lounge as that is the best one? We have 6 hour layover from our flight into KUL on Air Asia from Vietnam.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 12:41 am

Programs: BA Silver
As long as BA refresh my status before friday I should be silver for my return trip SIN - LHR. I will probably head to the airport straight from work with the flight leaving at 23:15 so will have a few hours to kill and probably want to eat.

Looking at the lounge database on BA's site it seem to suggest I could use either the BA or the Qantas lounge as it says

"Access for eligible customers traveling on any oneworld member airline" and lists both sapphire and emerald as eligible classes.

Have I interpreted that correctly?

Is is also still the general consensus that that the Qantas lounge is better? Also which is likely to be quieter from 8pm onwards?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.