Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: S_W_S
European BA destinations without lounge access.
As investigated by FlyerTalk's very own c-w-s. (See post.)

No lounge, and no other lounge in airport: Typically these airports also have very limited facilities airside
BGO, BIA, BIQ, CFU, CHQ, CMF, EFL, EGC, FDH, FSC, FUE, GNB, GRX, JSI, JTR, KGS, KLX, LEI, LIG, MAH, MJV, NTE, OVD, PUY (their VIP lounge isn't available to passengers), PVK, UIP, ZTH (LCY has an external lounge in a separate building, so in the CIP category).

No lounge, but vouchers provided
LPA perhaps temporarily as of 1 May 2019

No lounge for BA, but there is for other airlines / Priority Pass
ACE, CAG (see this post), CGN (route suspended), FNC, HER (lounge opening times restricted), HUY (route suspended), KRK, OLB (BA charter CE can use lounge however), OPO, NUE (lounge is airside but register landside) Lounge at NUE now available to BA PAX (see this post), PMO (lounge closed until end of 2022), SKG , SPU, STR, SVQ. For RHO (see this post), TLL (route suspended).

No lounge for BA, but airport CIP lounge available
BDS (but very limited in scope, €25 online), BJV (€25 walk up fee), JMK (also PP), LCY (separate building), MPL (€18),

New routes with lounge
AAL, BIO, FLR, INV, KRK, VLC.

Print Wikipost

BA Lounge Database | Europe

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2016, 5:29 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
ZRH update

The Panorama lounge above the E gates satellite is now an Aspire lounge with the full range of facilities described in the other card for the Aspire lounge in the main departures area.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 9:15 am

Programs: BA Gold / O6 Diamond
I don't want to sound like a moaning minnie but I'll moan anyway and share my recent experience regarding lounge access (or the lack of) at CTA.

Thanks to FT, I was aware that there was no lounge access at CTA (and was duly informed at check-in). Not a problem. Visited the Priority Pass lounge to grab a couple of bits and bobs (the lounge was tiny and there was standing room only and one can understand why BA had not bothered using the contract lounge), I bought myself an arancini and then sat in the main terminal waiting for the flight to be called. That said, I do feel that there is an expectation when flying BA, especially status and CE pax, that certain perks are provided (at least refreshment vouchers, and to be honest, there is little by way of cost to BA).

I wrote to BA and wanted to share the response with you, as follows:

Dear Mr Chilledflyer

Thanks for getting in touch about the problems you had prior to your return flight from Catania on 17 July in our Euro Traveller cabin. Firstly, I'd like to apologise for the delay in responding to you.

I was sorry to hear you couldn't access the SAC Lounge at Catania. I recognise you were also disappointed there wasn't an alternative offered such as refreshment vouchers instead. As you're aware, we have a number of lounges worldwide, as well as access to third party lounges negotiated locally. I know having access to our lounges is an important part of your Executive Club membership. However, lounge provision is offered where available, and I'm afraid we're not able to offer the service at some airports including Catania.

Whilst I appreciate your reasons for asking, we don't currently have any plans to introduce refreshment vouchers at Catania as an alternative. I recognise you feel let down at not having greater lounge access coverage as a Gold Executive Club member, but we wouldn't offer a gesture of goodwill for the issues raised. I realise this will come as a disappointment to you.

I've passed on your comments to our Customer Experience team for internal feedback purposes. I'm sure they'll value your insight. I've also included the relevant link below giving further information about worldwide lounge locations:

https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access/

Thanks again for contacting us about this and for giving us the opportunity to explain our position. We appreciate your support as a Gold member of our Executive Club, and I hope we can welcome you on board again soon. Please feel free to contact me directly, using the blue link below if I can help you with anything else.

Best regards

For those who are thinking that BA would provide refreshment vouchers to compensate for the lack of lounge provision, it appears that BA are not in a hurry to do so. Then again, given the continued "enhancements", I'm not surprised.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 12:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Platinum
Catania airport

Originally Posted by chilledflyer
I don't want to sound like a moaning minnie but I'll moan anyway and share my recent experience regarding lounge access (or the lack of) at CTA.

Thanks to FT, I was aware that there was no lounge access at CTA (and was duly informed at check-in). Not a problem. Visited the Priority Pass lounge to grab a couple of bits and bobs (the lounge was tiny and there was standing room only and one can understand why BA had not bothered using the contract lounge), I bought myself an arancini and then sat in the main terminal waiting for the flight to be called. That said, I do feel that there is an expectation when flying BA, especially status and CE pax, that certain perks are provided (at least refreshment vouchers, and to be honest, there is little by way of cost to BA).

I wrote to BA and wanted to share the response with you, as follows:

Dear Mr Chilledflyer

Thanks for getting in touch about the problems you had prior to your return flight from Catania on 17 July in our Euro Traveller cabin. Firstly, I'd like to apologise for the delay in responding to you.

I was sorry to hear you couldn't access the SAC Lounge at Catania. I recognise you were also disappointed there wasn't an alternative offered such as refreshment vouchers instead. As you're aware, we have a number of lounges worldwide, as well as access to third party lounges negotiated locally. I know having access to our lounges is an important part of your Executive Club membership. However, lounge provision is offered where available, and I'm afraid we're not able to offer the service at some airports including Catania.

Whilst I appreciate your reasons for asking, we don't currently have any plans to introduce refreshment vouchers at Catania as an alternative. I recognise you feel let down at not having greater lounge access coverage as a Gold Executive Club member, but we wouldn't offer a gesture of goodwill for the issues raised. I realise this will come as a disappointment to you.

I've passed on your comments to our Customer Experience team for internal feedback purposes. I'm sure they'll value your insight. I've also included the relevant link below giving further information about worldwide lounge locations:

https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access/

Thanks again for contacting us about this and for giving us the opportunity to explain our position. We appreciate your support as a Gold member of our Executive Club, and I hope we can welcome you on board again soon. Please feel free to contact me directly, using the blue link below if I can help you with anything else.

Best regards

For those who are thinking that BA would provide refreshment vouchers to compensate for the lack of lounge provision, it appears that BA are not in a hurry to do so. Then again, given the continued "enhancements", I'm not surprised.
I had exactly the same complaint, however, i didn't check flyertalk prior to my flight and so I had no idea there wasn't a lounge at Catania. I asked at check in and was told "ba passengers can only enter the lounge in the summer". When I said but this is the 3rd July, isin't it Summer now? But I just got shrugged shoulders.

I complained to ba as I'd bought a club return and after the poor facilities at LGW and no club lounge at Catania or any offer a drinks/food voucher I felt that I'd paid for a premium product and had none of the usual lounge benefits associated with a club ticket and also being a Gold card holder.

Sorry to say that I received exactly the same letter as you did, however, ba should be known as ba.cut & paste because they added in about the LGW lounge being so much nicer when it reopens next year etc.

Not impressed at all
Old Jul 30, 2016, 1:55 am

VIE lounges

I would be most grateful if someone could please confirm whether the AIR lounge at VIE has showers (as noted in the database listing at the beginning of this thread) or does not (as noted in the VIE airport lounge web page)?
I know there are showers in the JET lounge, but it seems that lounge is for Schengen departures only. Or does it matter?
Old Jul 30, 2016, 2:28 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by JWadman
I would be most grateful if someone could please confirm whether the AIR lounge at VIE has showers (as noted in the database listing at the beginning of this thread) or does not (as noted in the VIE airport lounge web page)?
I know there are showers in the JET lounge, but it seems that lounge is for Schengen departures only. Or does it matter?
No, it doesn't matter, the layout of VIE, which is quite unlike any other airport on the planet - in good and bad senses depending on your arrangements - allows you to get to JET quite easily. It takes just a few minutes to get to the usual BA gates from JET. Though remember that final security check takes place at the gate and the airport manager there has been known to send the aircraft off, even if passengers are in the security check queue 3 metres away from her. That said, though I'm not in the habit of tracking this, I don't think I've ever seen anyone use the showers at Schwechat. I've seen the door for it, they are there.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 2:41 am

Thank you, corporate-wage-slave.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Prospero
TXL Berlin
If anyone is having trouble locating this lounge, the staircase is in the corner of the Terminal A hexagon nearest to Gate A15. Go up one floor from check-in level.

If arriving from LCY through "Terminal E", exit customs, turn left and walk to the staircase in the corner. The lounge is up two floors from there.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 6:39 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Globaliser
If anyone is having trouble locating this lounge, the staircase is in the corner of the Terminal A hexagon nearest to Gate A15. Go up one floor from check-in level.

If arriving from LCY through "Terminal E", exit customs, turn left and walk to the staircase in the corner. The lounge is up two floors from there.
I tend to suggest "look for Starbucks". That company will do whatever it takes to be identified from a distance, and they are next door to the BA lounge. And the lounge's nearest WC. Gate 15 turns into Gate 0 as you continue around.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 6:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
and the BA lounge Wifi works in starbucks!
Old Aug 9, 2016, 2:10 am

Is there a particular lounge available to BA business class passengers in Rhodes?
I have an 8pm flight,
Old Aug 9, 2016, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by maty8
Is there a particular lounge available to BA business class passengers in Rhodes?
I have an 8pm flight,
No there isn't. It is in the wiki (needs the full FT site rather than the mobile edition) and in there is a link to this post:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25645104-post312.html
Old Aug 9, 2016, 8:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
For those flying from KRK, where BA (for some odd reason) don't have access to the airport lounge, the lounge which is Priority Pass accessible does some very nice salads (yesterday it was a chicken with noodles & sweet chilli sauce or smoked salmon & egg with leaves and balsamic dressing) made by the Hilton Garden Inn hotel opposite the terminal. They are in handy take away boxes which is useful for the quite poor inflight offering.

Decent selection of cold cuts and some nice sweets to have as well.

Plenty of Vodka too.

Genuinely wish I had had more time in there before my BA flight back.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 1:40 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Plat, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Prospero
LIS Lisbon
I tried out this lounge a couple of weeks ago, and if I may update:
-The Champagne/sparkling wine that they served is "Quinta da Pedreira" from 2013, possibly this bottle.
-The showers are technically free, you do have to pay for a shower kit though (towel & shower liquids I guess). I has everything I needed on me so I was able to use them for free.
EDIT: the cost for the shower kit was just over 15€ if I remember correctly

Last edited by Ikaz; Aug 10, 2016 at 3:57 pm
Old Aug 10, 2016, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jordan D
For those flying from KRK, where BA (for some odd reason) don't have access to the airport lounge, the lounge which is Priority Pass accessible does some very nice salads (yesterday it was a chicken with noodles & sweet chilli sauce or smoked salmon & egg with leaves and balsamic dressing) made by the Hilton Garden Inn hotel opposite the terminal. They are in handy take away boxes which is useful for the quite poor inflight offering.

Decent selection of cold cuts and some nice sweets to have as well.

Plenty of Vodka too.

Genuinely wish I had had more time in there before my BA flight back.
I pointed that out myself. The salads are descent indeed! I didn't realise they were from the HGI so thats interesting.

BA is too cheap to pay for this lounge. Premium comes at a cost you know?
Old Aug 10, 2016, 4:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by hugolover
I pointed that out myself. The salads are descent indeed! I didn't realise they were from the HGI so thats interesting.

BA is too cheap to pay for this lounge. Premium comes at a cost you know?
Apologies - had missed your post upthread ... the salads were very good, very fresh and actually flavoursome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.