Search

CE Bar and onboard service by zone

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2012, 4:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

Hi all,

I must admit, I find this a bit confusing. What are the actual zones / routes that warrant a different bar? I use my benchmark of when Tanqueray is available from the Club Europe bar. E.g. it's not on a bar to CDG, but it is available to ATH. So where is the cut off? In Dec I am off to GIB - will that have the longer range CE bar or will I have to 'suffer' Gordon's gin?

Thanks!
Old Nov 18, 2012, 5:12 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)

Can't post a link as on the iPhone app but I think that the zones are listed in the shorthaul catering guide thread ?

cs
Old Nov 18, 2012, 5:13 am

And the winner of the November 2012 'First World Problems' thread is...

SWTOC
Old Nov 18, 2012, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
I always though Tanq was the CW bar only. In CE (and even Domestic) it has appeared recently sometimes due to some kind of shortage/stop-gap/change-over depending on the explanation you get but I never recall it being a 'true' fixture?
Old Nov 18, 2012, 5:20 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by G-BOAC
I always though Tanq was the CW bar only. In CE (and even Domestic) it has appeared recently sometimes due to some kind of shortage/stop-gap/change-over depending on the explanation you get but I never recall it being a 'true' fixture?
Yes, The normal loading for CE bars is Gordon's but recently due to shortages some bars have been loaded with alternative products.

BA is in the middle of doing a shorthaul bar review. All products are being reviewed and also the different drinks suppliers are being asked for quotes. Depending on the result of which supplier is used will depend on which products may or may not change.

In general though the Band 4 flights have a larger selection of spirits and other Bands have a smaller selection with the least selection being on the domestic flights.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 5:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond + Ambassador, Accor Gold, Avis President's Club, Heathrow Rewards
Isn't the CE bar the same on all bands anyway?

Originally Posted by darthlemsip
^ ^
Old Nov 18, 2012, 5:24 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by MNManInKen
Isn't the CE bar the same on all bands anyway?

^ ^
No, on Band 4 flights there is more selection. On Band 1,2 and 3 the selection is the same but quantities differ due the the likelihood of more being consumed the longer the flight.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 5:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by darthlemsip

SWTOC
I knew I was going to be in for a bit of a ribbing about posting this! The risk you take on here I guess. Off to try to solve world peace now and worry about something more important in life....

Thanks for your responses.

Thanks,
Old Nov 18, 2012, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by Airlineanorak
I knew I was going to be in for a bit of a ribbing about posting this! The risk you take on here I guess. Off to try to solve world peace now and worry about something more important in life....

Thanks for your responses.

Thanks,
Was all in jest of course - SWTOC = Smiley Winky Thing Of Course

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.