Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Short haul catering guide - Winter 2012/13 [Beta]

Short haul catering guide - Winter 2012/13 [Beta]

Old Nov 15, 2012, 4:29 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by thedreamliner
Apparently not! The passenger sitting across from me on the BA940 to DUS on Sunday was given short-shrift by the Cabin Crew member operating in Euro Traveller when he picked all three "goodies" out of the basket.

"You can only take one" she said. "But if there is any extra, I will come back"
Well yes, it is obvious that we don't carry enough for everyone to take three items each.

Hopefully this is handled tactfully and judgement is used on the day but I would hope that she then did return with some extra items for this passenger after others had hasd their choice.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 5:07 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Littlegirl
Well yes, it is obvious that we don't carry enough for everyone to take three items each.

Hopefully this is handled tactfully and judgement is used on the day but I would hope that she then did return with some extra items for this passenger after others had hasd their choice.
You probably should carry enough for everyone to take one of each given the minute quantities of the portions.

I was seriously pissed off to find the BA1477 (09:30 departure from GLA) last Sunday is no longer a hot breakfast flight.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 5:37 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by thedreamliner
You probably should carry enough for everyone to take one of each given the minute quantities of the portions.

I was seriously pissed off to find the BA1477 (09:30 departure from GLA) last Sunday is no longer a hot breakfast flight.
There are enough for everyone. It is 150% catered especially to make sure everyone gets a choice. Then that leaves plenty for people to ask for extra too obviously after all passengers have received their choice!

The Scotish breakfast timing are an issue that BA have been made aware of and I beleive they are looking into this issue. Both passengers and crew have fed back that the 9.30 cut off has caused a lot of disappointment.

If you have not already done so please go to the 'contact us' page of ba.com and fill out a feedback form with your thoughts. BA reacts to customer comments and will be pleased to know your thoughts.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 5:40 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Yes, it does.

The catering when loaded down route as on Band 4s or early morning departures for all night stopping aircraft will be different to the schedule as it is sourced locally.
Thanks very much! I'm going to try the omelette for ex-LHR breakfast next time, instead of ordering a seafood meal (much as I like kedgeree, I don't like margarine ).

By the way I decided, from my perspective, 09:30 cut-off is too early for most destinations.

One exception being IST. It felt downright strange when I flew LHR-IST (0940 departure) and was given a lunch menu, but as it turns out by the time you arrive there it's about 1600 so a lunch worked out well. It sort of makes sense to stop serving breakfast at 0929 departure because by the time it's served it's close to 1000. Most hotels only serve breakfast till 1000 or 1030 and that feels like the cut-off time, but given how early people often have to get up to catch the flight, I suspect many people would be physiologically or psychologically be expecting breakfast even on a 10:00 departure.

There were lots of surprised reaction on the LHR-IST flight when lunch menus were handed out. I think it the "9 something o'clock" feel that it's too early for lunch.

It would probably feel worse coming back to the UK because you gain time, too.

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Nov 15, 2012 at 5:47 am
Old Nov 15, 2012, 7:12 am

Programs: BA Blue. 19695 Lifetime TPs
Is this just for UK-originated flights? Certainly 3 weeks ago the 14:15 out of SOF served a full lunch in Club Europe. I hope this is not about to change.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by fraisse10
Is this just for UK-originated flights? Certainly 3 weeks ago the 14:15 out of SOF served a full lunch in Club Europe. I hope this is not about to change.
SOF is a Band 4 flight so you received the correct Band 4 catering which is a hot meal on ALL flights. Breakfast up to 9.29 and from 9.30 onwards a hot main meal.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 7:55 am

Programs: BA Blue. 19695 Lifetime TPs
SOF is a Band 4 flight so you received the correct Band 4 catering which is a hot meal on ALL flights. Breakfast up to 9.29 and from 9.30 onwards a hot main meal.
Thanks; I may be being dense - it would not be the first time - but that's not entirely clear from the (very well structured and informative) first post.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by fraisse10
Thanks; I may be being dense - it would not be the first time - but that's not entirely clear from the (very well structured and informative) first post.
I think it has been broken up to show the food the way it is divided up on Band 1, 2 and 3 flights however even though divided up into the meal groups it does always mention that Band 4 gets a hot meal. ( but I do understand what you mean).
Old Nov 15, 2012, 6:01 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, *G, EK Skywards Silver
Even with the former catering shedule, this flight would have had afternoon tea.

Many crew are feeding back to BA that we don't feel afternoon tea is good on Band 3 flights but the best thing to do is to make BA aware of your views. Write in or use the feedback form on BA.com but also ask your particular crew to feed back your views via their iPad.
^

Never realised the former Band 3B had afternoon tea.

Oh well. You live and learn. Once again, thanks for all the info.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 8:10 am
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
TUN-LGW Band 3 Tier 5 Dinner

Hot choice : Boeuf Bourguignon or Chicken Masala

I didn't like the Chicken Masala

Unfortunately no dessert
Old Nov 17, 2012, 8:14 am
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LGW-JER CE Band 1 Tier 1 Breakfast

Choice between hot or cold breakfast

the hot breakfast

Old Nov 17, 2012, 8:16 am
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

JER-LGW ET Band 1 Tier 2 Brunch

Old Nov 17, 2012, 8:18 am
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LHR-LYS ET Band 2 Tier 5 Dinner

Old Nov 17, 2012, 8:21 am
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LYS-LHR ET Band 2 Tier 2 Brunch

Old Nov 17, 2012, 8:23 am
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LGW-JER ET Band 1 Tier 5 Dinner

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.