Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Short haul catering guide - Winter 2012/13 [Beta]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Short haul catering guide - Winter 2012/13 [Beta]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2012, 9:28 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by oslogutt999
Indeed.

It looks the lunchtime flight from OSL to LHR, usually my CE flight of choice leaving a few work hours before heading to London during lunch hour (although a 2hr, 20 min flight) is now within the dreaded 'extended breakfast' hours ("enhanced" into brunch).

Unlucky, I guess, as the flight is scheduled for 4 mins before the new lunch hour on-board kicks in
Please contact Customer Relations and inform them that this will upset you and ask them to forward your thoughts to Inflight Customer Experience.

BA are monitoring all feedback and they will act to change things very quickly if feedback comes in about any issue. They will only act on issues if people let them know.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 9:37 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by stifle
I think she deserves a Mucci du short-haul Nourriture!
Yes and No I am not calling her that - Franglais like what she is spoke does not have any place in the Mucci hierarchy!

She is now (assuming that she accepts) a Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways.

She earned this yonks ago - and it is my own fault that I had not done this sooner.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 9:47 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Yes and No I am not calling her that - Franglais like what she is spoke does not have any place in the Mucci hierarchy!

She is now (assuming that she accepts) a Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways.

She earned this yonks ago - and it is my own fault that I had not done this sooner.
Thank you all for your kind words.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 10:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum
Thanks for this great guide, the BA forum does do this better than anyone else!

Just so we do not annoy our new friends over in Northern Ireland it might be wise to add BHD to the list!
Old Nov 7, 2012, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by BAW217
Thanks for this great guide, the BA forum does do this better than anyone else!

Just so we do not annoy our new friends over in Northern Ireland it might be wise to add BHD to the list!
BHD is a domestic flight. Domestics are included in the catering information but I don't think it was felt a list of all the domestic routes was needed.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 11:11 am

Location: Northern Ireland (in spirit), but much more likely GB or Europe.
Programs: EI Aer Club, IB Plus, BA EC, AAdvantage
So is BHD on the breakfast panini or the cooked breakfast tray (considering LHR-BHD is about the same distance as LHR-EDI)?
Old Nov 7, 2012, 11:22 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Thanks for this info. Really useful...
OTOH, were can I reference to current long haul offerings? I will fly into YYZ via LHR in Dec..
Old Nov 7, 2012, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by BHDBOY
So is BHD on the breakfast panini or the cooked breakfast tray (considering LHR-BHD is about the same distance as LHR-EDI)?
It is a little shorter than EDI. It gets the panini like NCL.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 1:48 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Snack basket

For the benefit of anyone outside Europe who hasn't seen the new snack basket, offered outside breakfast time on Domestics, and on various EuroTraveller service. The spoon is there to give a size indicator - it's a teaspoon. Nutritional information at the end, basically the biscuits have the most calories, the crisps the least.

The Forest Feast Emerald Mountain Trail Mix consists of approximately 6 nuts, 6 chocolate raisins, 6 raisins and a few dried cranberries. Packaged in Northern Ireland. 20 grams.

The Real Handcooked Sea Salt flavour potato crisps come from Wales. 15 grams. This has about 20 mini crisps, possibly the equivalent of half a dozen big crisps.

Lily o'Brien's Double Chocolate Chip Cookies - 2 biscuits. 38 grams, made in the Irish Republic.

Nutritional information per package:
Forest Feast = 97 kCalories. Fat = 5.7g, of which saturated fat = 1.0g.
Real Crisps = 73 kCal. Fat = 4.5g, saturated = 0.6g
Cookies = 200 kCal. Fat = 11g, saturated = 4.4g

Allergy advice:
Forest Feast = Nuts, soya, milk. Packaged in a factory handling peanuts and sesame seeds
Crisps = none (the word "none" is stated on the package as if to imply no allergy concerns).
Cookies = Wheat, milk, gluten, soya, eggs. May contain traces of nuts.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 1:55 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

So, the crisps are the low calorie, low fat, low sodium option. What an upside-down universe UK Domestic has become
Old Nov 12, 2012, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Prospero
So, the crisps are the low calorie, low fat, low sodium option. What an upside-down universe UK Domestic has become
^
Old Nov 12, 2012, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Band 4 flights do not get afternoon tea, surely? I think they have lunch/dinner hot options?
Old Nov 12, 2012, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Just thought I'd add my experience on two flights:

- Lhr-Txl 10.15 y (band 2) Snacks as described by CWS. Tried the fruit and nuts- not good at all (I think they are dried sour cherries not cranberries btw)

- szg-lgw 13.40 c (band 3) Lunch: choice of beef casserole with vegetables (nearly no taste) or salad with chicken on top. Choice of breads now including mini bagels (nice) and butter. Dessert was Lily O'Brien chocolate mousse-not good: very very sweet and tasted more like a Tesco version than like a premium product. I preferred the earlier version with a choice of two hot dishes in the winter and would prefer a choice or cheese or dessert (or ideally both!! )

Ps: not meal related but lovely CSD- enthusiastic and attentionate with passengers
Old Nov 12, 2012, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by Genius1
Band 4 flights do not get afternoon tea, surely? I think they have lunch/dinner hot options?
You are right. The Mods have split it up into four sections just to make it easier but you will notice that under afternoon tea, it shows Band 4 flights as receiving a bar round followed by a hot meal.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 4:20 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, *G, EK Skywards Silver
Great work by all involved, many thanks. ^^^

Not usually one to moan but I am travelling to LIS next week in Club. 15:20 dep from LHR and I am very disappointed that it appears it will be afternoon tea that is being served. Can't fathom a significant difference between some sandwiches and a wrap. It's a former Band 3B route and the flying time is normally between 2.10 and 2.30. Flight arrives at 6pm-ish too.

Bigger things to worry about in the world of course, just quite disappointing, especially as I only had enough miles to do Club one way, and I chose the outbound as I'd be in the office until lunchtime then thought I'd get on the flight and have a couple of drinks and a nice hot meal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.