Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Lounge recommendation for LGW North terminal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge recommendation for LGW North terminal

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Brown, Hilton Gold
Question Lounge recommendation for LGW North terminal

Not strictly a BAEC question but couldn't find a forum specific to lounge questions and given quite a few people here would fly via LGW North...

I'm flying out non-BA of Gatwick North terminal on Sunday and wondered in anyone had a recommendation on which of the two lounges on offer via my PP card are best.

I'm flying alone with no partner/children and would be nice to grab some lunch whilst there.

Choices are :
- No.1 Gatwick
- Aspire lounge by ServisAIR

Any tips appreciated

Regards

Neil
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, Amex BA Premium Plus
I've only been to the No.1, it's a nice lounge, plenty of space, and a reduced selection of food and drinks. If you want something more, there is an order service that you have to pay for.
the post is in spanish, but there are a few photos here if you're interested: http://avolarporelmundo.com/?p=392
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:09 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
+1 for the No 1 Lounge
Its decent enough
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Number 1. My folks used it last month (in their 60s and fairly jaded after 40 years of travel) and they thought it was great.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 1:29 pm

Programs: NZ *Gold
Hi spellinn. Welcome to FT!

The No 1 Lounge is the better one. Some free food and drinks included, and if thats not enough there is an a la carte menu. See the link here for more details.

The Lounge is still a nice, bright, airy space a year or more on since opening, although on an occasional bad day it suffers from poor capacity management (i.e. cluttered tables not cleaned up, invisible staff). I still pay a visit here occasionally despite having access to BA T3 Galleries.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.