Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Sign in using an external account

Old Sep 28, 12, 7:49 am   #1

BA customer service desk in arrivals at T5?

Hi guys,

mate was due to fly MAN-LGW on BA2907 today but its cancelled (Yes another LGW cancellation but this time on an A319!) and hes now flying to LHR on BA1399 so he's entitled to a coach voucher to LGW. I assume he goes to BA customer service desk at T5 to get this? Is there one on the arrivals level or does he have to go up to departures? Can anybody describe where it is so i can tell him in advance?

Thanks,

saintby
saintby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 12, 4:15 pm   #2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord Mucci des Contes de Voyages, Diamond Hairbrush
There is a BA service desk in the domestic baggage reclaim hall at T5. Alternatively, your friend can go to the service desks in Zone E departures at check-in level once through to landside.
Old Sep 29, 12, 4:20 pm   #3

Programs: BA Silver
There was a bunch of staff with transfer placards for various cancelled and tight connections at T5 arrivals today, so maybe they'll be there again to help
gw76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 12, 6:53 pm   #4

Programs: MUCCI Seigneurs Veneres de la Pucci, Hotel Chocolat, LA Fitness (mainly thanks to Hotel Chocolat)
There were staff at the gate with coach tickets to Gatwick. Also the arrivals desks had vouchers for any customers who slipped through...
Old Sep 29, 12, 7:11 pm   #5

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianjc32 View Post
There were staff at the gate with coach tickets to Gatwick. Also the arrivals desks had vouchers for any customers who slipped through...

Thanks for posting this info, im just curious, as im obviously not in the situation myself, but say im booked EDI-LGW with a GEX ticket into London, and and up getting routed to LHR, is the only option to accept the bus voucher or do BA staff have any descretion to offer a HEX voucher to get me into London ?

cs
Old Sep 30, 12, 2:14 am   #6
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Gold, IHG Platinum, UA Gold, National Rail Gold, ABP
Not answering your question, but who uses GEX? It's overpriced and in many cases not even the fastest option.
Old Sep 30, 12, 2:51 am   #7

Programs: MUCCI Seigneurs Veneres de la Pucci, Hotel Chocolat, LA Fitness (mainly thanks to Hotel Chocolat)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornishsimon View Post
Thanks for posting this info, im just curious, as im obviously not in the situation myself, but say im booked EDI-LGW with a GEX ticket into London, and and up getting routed to LHR, is the only option to accept the bus voucher or do BA staff have any descretion to offer a HEX voucher to get me into London ?

cs
Saldy we don't have HEX vouchers.
Old Sep 30, 12, 4:05 am   #8

Thanks for your replies. He finally arrived 6 hours late, completely ruining our plans for the evening grrr!!! Manchester ground staff were completely useless he said. The flight was initially delayed 2.5 hours so he went to get a meal voucher to be told "what do you mean? its not delayed, its on time..." even though the BA app was saying it was delayed.
saintby is offline   Reply With Quote